Bo Nix Will Have Season-Ending Ankle Surgery

Zeek

Per ESPN and everyone else.

Damn shame he doesn't get to finish his season. Prayers are with him and with TJ as he picks up the mantle. God speed to both and let's finish the year strong.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Auburn fans do not deserve Bo Nix. He’s played his tail off this year. He absolutely loves Auburn. He’s improved so much over the course of the year. He threw for 377 yards / 2 TD’s / 0 interceptions on Saturday on a broken ankle. Anybody that puts that loss on him should be ashamed of themselves! This kid is a warrior.

Still got 2 years.  Hope he stays for both. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Auburn fans do not deserve Bo Nix. He’s played his tail off this year. He absolutely loves Auburn. He’s improved so much over the course of the year. He threw for 377 yards / 2 TD’s / 0 interceptions on Saturday on a broken ankle. Anybody that puts that loss on him should be ashamed of themselves! This kid is a warrior.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone attempt to put yesterday’s loss on Bo. 

We need to rally around whomever our starter will be. Next week will be interesting to say the least. I fully expect to see Bo on the sideline hyping everyone up, we’ll need it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Still got 2 years.  Hope he stays for both. 

If he stays for both, no one will EVER beat his records.  5 year starters aren't very common. 😀

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Would have loved to see him with competent coaching and a good offensive line his whole career.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Guest MustardSeed

Regardless of you prefer Bo as your QB or not, the guy deserves more respect than 99% of fans I’ve encountered.  I’ve never even heard of a QB playing a full quarter (happened in the 3rd…) on a broken ankle. Let alone leading a TD drive. Maybe he should’ve realized the issue and stepped out but a true competitor never just stops and lets the other guy have it. This kid has guts and toughness the likes of which are few and far between these days.  Combine that with the respect of his teammates and maturing into a man with a moral compass and he has earned my respect 100 times over. 
THANK YOU BO for being an example for young men to follow. Get well soon brother!

3 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Regardless of you prefer Bo as your QB or not, the guy deserves more respect than 99% of fans I’ve encountered.  I’ve never even heard of a QB playing a full quarter (happened in the 3rd…) on a broken ankle. Let alone leading a TD drive. Maybe he should’ve realized the issue and stepped out but a true competitor never just stops and lets the other guy have it. This kid has guts and toughness the likes of which are few and far between these days.  Combine that with the respect of his teammates and maturing into a man with a moral compass and he has earned my respect 100 times over. 
THANK YOU BO for being an example for young men to follow. Get well soon brother!

Well said.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

They have blamed the offense for not keeping up with MSU in second half.

I’ve seen a plenty of folks blaming the offense, Bobo’s calls, the defense, Mason but I’ve yet to see anyone blame Bo “specifically,” fwiw.

Bo played his heart out in that game. The last TD we scored was with him playing on a broken ankle. Then tried to rollout on the 2 point conversion on a broken ankle. What Bo has shown me this year is that when he gets decent protection he is a very good QB as seen in the 1st half and when he gets bad O-Line play he is not a very good QB. When we played Ole Miss and Miss State both of who have really good QB's we saw Corral is only ok when he has pressure and same thing for Rogers in 1st half. 

Bo has a good arm but not an elite arm but when his footwork is right he can make the throws he needs. At times throughout his career his footwork has not been right some of that on his coaches, some of that on Bo and some of that on an O-line he did not trust. This years O-line has improved in its pass blocking, I did not say it was great but we have seen glimpses of how good Bo can be.  Bo is a good QB not an elite QB and never will be but he is also tough as nails has no give in him and as you saw what Brahms said he is loved by his teammates.  I hope he comes back next year healthy and some how through improvement of returning players or transfer portal we have the type of O-Line where the QB can shine be it Bo, Finley, DD, or Geriner. 

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I'm sure they typed their fussing before they knew he broke his leg. 

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

That's not close to saying Bo is the reason for a loss

• Like 2