Jimmy Lake fired

Randman5000

Washington's head coach Jimmy Lake was fired. I wonder if we take a look at him in some capacity

Edited by Randman5000

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Washington's head coach Jimmy Lake was fired. I wonder if we take a look at him in some capacity

Wow, that didn’t last long.  He hasn’t finished his 2nd season, lol.

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Word is Lake has gotten into physical altercation(s!) with players. He's toxic, can't go near that

3 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Word is Lake has gotten into physical altercation(s!) with players. He's toxic, can't go near that

I watched the video of one of them. Slapped a facemask to get someone off the field and prevent a penalty. Seemed harmless to me. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

I watched the video of one of them. Slapped a facemask to get someone off the field and prevent a penalty. Seemed harmless to me. 

That… gets you suspended and then fired?  That’s pretty soft and may explain why they can’t win games.

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well he never lost to Mike Leach while a DC at UW

are you disappointed in mason golf?

Just now, SRBautigerfan said:

That… gets you suspended and then fired?  That’s pretty soft and may explain why they can’t win games.

That was just icing on the cake. Truth is that nobody was really happy with him. 

He made really stupid gaffs and sound bites in interviews, his recruiting was poor, and he's led Washington to a mediocre record in a very weak PAC-12 + a loss to Montana, which is an FCS team. 

Washington isn't really giving up much by just wiping the slate clean and starting over here. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

That was just icing on the cake. Truth is that nobody was really happy with him. 

He made really stupid gaffs and sound bites in interviews, his recruiting was poor, and he's led Washington to a mediocre record in a very weak PAC-12 + a loss to Montana, which is an FCS team. 

Washington isn't really giving up much by just wiping the slate clean and starting over here. 

Ahh, that makes more sense then.

On 11/14/2021 at 6:54 PM, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Not saying I want them for AU, but coaches do move on and find success elsewhere.

Mike Leach at Texas Tech, Kevin Wilson at Indiana, Jim Leavitt at South Florida, and though not really the same thing, DJ Durkin at Maryland.

Actually, if we were in the market for an OC and WR coach I would like Wilson and Brian Hartline.

WDE!

49 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

Not saying I want them for AU, but coaches do move on and find success elsewhere.

Mike Leach at Texas Tech, Kevin Wilson at Indiana, Jim Leavitt at South Florida, and though not really the same thing, DJ Durkin at Maryland.

Actually, if we were in the market for an OC and WR coach I would like Wilson and Brian Hartline.

WDE!

Perhaps, but I'd rather not bring that into Auburn RIGHT NOW. We're still getting our own current new-ish situation sorted out.

18 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Perhaps, but I'd rather not bring that into Auburn RIGHT NOW. We're still getting our own current new-ish situation sorted out.

I'm definitely with you regarding the current circumstances at AU.  I thought Mason was going to the biggest offseason get in CFB, but I didn't necessarily think it was going to happen overnight. 

To a degree I guess I'm just saying it's surprising what folks are willing to overlook in order to hire what they believe is a good coach.  And I admit to being in that group.  I've been consistently mentioning the Wilson/Hartline combo in just about every Gus-gotta-go thread over the last several years (Mel Tucker, too).  He's a hardass, but his resume as a coordinator is incredible.

WDE!

2 hours ago, MadtownTiger said:

I'm definitely with you regarding the current circumstances at AU.  I thought Mason was going to the biggest offseason get in CFB, but I didn't necessarily think it was going to happen overnight. 

To a degree I guess I'm just saying it's surprising what folks are willing to overlook in order to hire what they believe is a good coach.  And I admit to being in that group.  I've been consistently mentioning the Wilson/Hartline combo in just about every Gus-gotta-go thread over the last several years (Mel Tucker, too).  He's a hardass, but his resume as a coordinator is incredible.

WDE!

I loved Wilson as well. It's hard to win at Indiana. Imagine what he'd do with our resources. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

So, 10+ games into the 2021 season and so here are HC’s out. 6DBC6770-6B81-4E4E-9FE0-30CB34A5B8AC.jpeg

Dang. Justin Fuente?! Didn't people want him as our coach at one point. People don't get much time these days

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Dang. Justin Fuente?! Didn't people want him as our coach at one point. People don't get much time these days

He's been there for 6 seasons and the last 4 years have gone as such:

6-7

8-5

5-6

5-5 (this season in a crazy-bad ACC)

It's not hard to see why he was fired. Bad performance and lots of poor decisions that were made. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, metafour said:

He's been there for 6 seasons and the last 4 years have gone as such:

6-7

8-5

5-6

5-5 (this season in a crazy-bad ACC)

It's not hard to see why he was fired. Bad performance and lots of poor decisions that were made. 

6 seasons. This year is really bad in the ACC for sure. Time flies I guess. 

• 2 weeks later...