Anyone hearing

Swamp Eagle

2 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Truth. When I was in high school I severely sprained my ankle and damaged ligaments. The doctors said it would have been better if I broke it. 

Same here....but I was 13......and that ankle has never been the same. I was playing a game with neighborhood kids in my friend's yard and I was running flat out as fast as I could. There was a hidden hole in the ground and my foot went into the hole. It was a nasty injury.

• Love 1

Guest MustardSeed
2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I broke my foot in a boating accident and didn’t find out until about a week later. I would think it’d be more of a case of Bo not telling the coaches how badly it hurt or adrenaline was masking his pain. 

Yep. I severely rolled my ankle (backwards getting my Achilles and both lower ligaments) and it didn’t even hurt until it woke me up at 2am swollen and painful. Couldn’t walk without a boot for 2 months. A fracture they say hurts even less sometimes. 

12 hours ago, steeleagle said:

How many times have u seen a Qb walking around limping in a game and fighting thru the pain?

who cares what Gus did. this is Harsin’s team and Bo plays tough, period. 

I don’t recall anyway what type of injury SW was dealing with. 

He had several injuries but I'm talking about the one in the Georgia game where he broke his arm in the first quarter. He continued to play the rest of the game while in pain. Everyone could see he was in pain and Gus kept him in the game. I don't care if every other QB does it. I still don't think any college athlete should be playing while injured. They shouldn't be taking the extra risk of further injuring themselves.

My whole thing is people can't complain about Gus doing something and then let another coaching staff off the hook because they like that an injured QB played tough. It's BS and the safety, health, and welfare of these kids should priority #1 for all coaches and medical staff.

Edit: I misremembered and after waking up and doing some googling, White dislocated his shoulder in the Georgia game, not a broken arm.

Edited by tgrogan21
Had the injury wrong for the game
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I broke my foot in a boating accident and didn’t find out until about a week later. I would think it’d be more of a case of Bo not telling the coaches how badly it hurt or adrenaline was masking his pain. 

Well, 'something' was masking his pain...

"Broken Ankle"can be a misleading term. He could have broken his Fibula near the ankle joint, which while painful isn't as bad as it sounds. HOWEVER it could require surgery to fixate and initial x-rays may not have shown it was broken due to swelling and it's an easy injury to misdiagnose on the field. I wouldn't throw the staff under the bus at this point. 

Bo has some grit, but I'll bet he feels worse today than he did yesterday after letting it sit, swell, and losing the adrenaline.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

"Broken Ankle"can be a misleading term. He could have broken his Fibula near the ankle joint, which while painful isn't as bad as it sounds. HOWEVER it could require surgery to fixate and initial x-rays may not have shown it was broken due to swelling and it's an easy injury to misdiagnose on the field. I wouldn't throw the staff under the bus at this point. 

Bo has some grit, but I'll bet he feels worse today than he did yesterday after letting it sit, swell, and losing the adrenaline.

Bama insider said on their board that's what he is hearing...

According to Dr. Google: "Fibular fracture treatment usually takes four to six weeks, as long as the patient doesn't try to return to action too soon."

Maybe athletes can recover faster?

Edited by AUreo

24 minutes ago, AUreo said:

According to Dr. Google: "Fibular fracture treatment usually takes four to six weeks, as long as the patient doesn't try to return to action too soon."

Depends on where Fibula fracture occurred. If it's malleolus (knob on outside (lateral, not near other foot) of ankle) then it could just need a brace for a month or so but he'll still have to sit. Will depend on lots of things whether we see him again this year (bowl) or not. Either way he's done for the last 2 games here if there's any fracture.

Edited by WDE_OxPx_2010
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Ok..... I have two questions? Nothing against you but why are you trusting a bama insider? How do they know what's going on inside our program? F them.  😂 I would say something else but as Auburn fans we already know what I really wanna say.😂😂

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Ok I have two questions? Nothing against you but why are you trusting a bama insider? How do they know what's going on inside our program? Eff them 😂 

Not sure how they know these things... maybe Aubie told Big Al? 😄

14 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Depends on where Fibula fracture occurred. If it's malleolus (knob on outside (lateral, not near other foot) of ankle) then it could just need a brace for a month or so but he'll still have to sit. Will depend on lots of things whether we see him again this year (bowl) or not. Either way he's done for the last 2 games here if there's any fracture.

Based on what appears to be mechanism of injury of ankle eversion ("rolled up on") I would guess malleolus fracture is the injury.

Edited by WDE_OxPx_2010

Just now, AUreo said:

Not sure how they know these things... maybe Aubie told Big Al? 😄

Well they did do a BCBS commercial together so you might be on to something 🤣

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, au302 said:

I mean it doesn't seem like things could get much worse rn regardless of who the QB is. I guess if TJ throws multiple interceptions, but losses are losses. I'm sick for Bo, but if it's true, we all need to get behind the next guy and at least give him a chance

bo has been one hell of a roller coaster ride but he has the heart of a lion and he literally gives his heart and soul on the field. he might not win another game but he has earned my respect. bo is a warrior that gives up his body on the regular. he is the guy they talk about when they sing fearless and true. it is a first year under a new staff so people need to give harsin time to do his thing. it is going to take time and we need to realize that. maybe tj looks better with more playing time than he got. the staff has said repeatedly that dd is not ready yet in that the game is too big for him at the moment. we just need to trust harsin to do what is best. and there are other options i think at qb coming in on signing day.

• Like 3

Even with a broken ankle apparently he is better then TJ from what I am gathering by folks from post I removed since I'm a dummy and troll apparently.  

If he does have a broken foot or ankle why would they have not taken him back to get x-ray with as much pain as he looked like he was in?

Edited by AUfan_UAgrad
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUfan_UAgrad said:

Even with a broken ankle apparently he is better then TJ from what I am gathering by folks.

You miss 2 obvious facts to me. They didn’t know it was broke ( if it truly is), and they (coaches) also thought he was better option at that moment. Once they saw the extent he was limited, they pulled him.

9 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

You miss 2 obvious facts to me. They didn’t know it was broke ( if it truly is), and they (coaches) also thought he was better option at that moment. Once they saw the extent he was limited, they pulled him.

He looked VERY limited from moment on in every drive he played from that point forward to me and on the sideline trying to put weight on it.  Yes still no one knows yet if broken or not.  If it does come back broken will look very bad for our medical staff.  Just like others have stated why was he not taken to locker room for further evaluation then what can be done in the tent.  To this "arm chair" dummy troll that's what looked like should have happened after it was obvious how much pain he was in and limited mobility .  Without his mobility takes away like half the play book.  It even says it on top of Bobo play sheet "Get Bo outside of pocket "

Edited by AUfan_UAgrad
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Whole lot of folks are about to understand personally the old cliche "Be careful what you wish for."

And it appears the Bo crowd is gonna be rather indignant and make a lot of posts completely lacking support of the QB whom might be starting this weekend. 

Kinda weird

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

And it appears the Bo crowd is gonna be rather indignant and make a lot of posts completely lacking support of the QB whom might be starting this weekend. 

Kinda weird

not me. i will pull for whomever is playing. and i am pretty weird. lol

• Like 3