Hear what Bryan Harsin had to say following Auburn's 43-34 loss to Mississippi State

aubiefifty

11 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It isn't hiring a guy you hardly know because you were impressed by him.

He didn't hardly know him.  They meet in New York during a 2 week time frame and became good friends.

25 minutes ago, Carnell said:

He didn't hardly know him.  They meet in New York during a 2 week time frame and became good friends.

Pretty sure Greene said they didn't even speak again after that. When he called he asked Harsin "do you remember me?" 

On 11/14/2021 at 9:08 AM, e808 said:

If that’s the case why not give Gus another year. After all it was an all SEC schedule in a COVID year. Maybe he rights the ship. He normally does well in a odd year. Oh well all we can do is hope Coach Harsin can right ship. Recruiting gonna play a big part in that.

Recruiting is more of a concern than a 7-win season to me ... 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 9:12 PM, CameronCrazy said:

You guys know that Saban lost to Lousiana-Monroe his first year, right? 

There must be a SEC version of Godwin's Law that says no one can discuss a loss without bringing this up over and over. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EagleEye67 said:

There must be a SEC version of Godwin's Law that says no one can discuss a loss without bringing this up over and over. 

And that was at Bama after a highly successful time at LSU and a stint in NFL which should have given him added ammunition.

4 hours ago, aucat said:

Recruiting is more of a concern than a 7-win season to me ... 

This! I'm not very  impressed with within game time coaching decisions from this staff. I felt the same way about Kirby Smart. But his staff and their recruiting minimized the impact of sometimes poor coaching. Do we really feel like this staff is showing that they are going to be landing top ten classes? No one should ever bring up 2007 Alabama unless you also want to compare 2007 Alabama recruiting to current Auburn recruiting

34 minutes ago, shabby said:

This! I'm not very  impressed with within game time coaching decisions from this staff. I felt the same way about Kirby Smart. But his staff and their recruiting minimized the impact of sometimes poor coaching. Do we really feel like this staff is showing that they are going to be landing top ten classes? No one should ever bring up 2007 Alabama unless you also want to compare 2007 Alabama recruiting to current Auburn recruiting

There's no comparison.  They hauled in a top class in '08 and folks (ME especially) laughed our asses off because "oh they won the Recruiting National Championship" lol lol lol, laugh at the bammers, they are "Star Gazers" lol lol.

While they proceeded to reel off #1 classes for 7-8 yrs straight all while winning half a dozen NC's in the "Process."  :-\

On 11/14/2021 at 9:12 PM, CameronCrazy said:

You guys know that Saban lost to Lousiana-Monroe his first year, right? Kirby lost 5 games his first year. You can’t change a culture over night. Give the guy another year to get his players and system in place. 

If Harsin brings in 08 Alabama recruiting talent or 2017 UGA talent, give that man a statue 

That’s also why the first year Kirby or Nick comparisons will never make sense. They didn’t have to also learn the SEC intricacies on top of building their program. Recruiting, politics, hot seats. There’s no way to be assured Harsin will bring in the talent like Saban had with his LSU tenure or Kirby had with the Alabama connections