do we try and go after lsu qb bennet

aubiefifty

in the transfer portal? he seems to have a solid record but i have paid little attention to him. i think tj is not going to get a lot of playing time if bo leaves or why not play him more now and let him get used to the system? DD i think has a lot of upside but they say he is really young so i doubt they would start him next year. so do we go after this guy for real help until we get who we want? i also understand bo might come back. and i am just guessing about the other qb's.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

in the transfer portal? he seems to have a solid record but i have paid little attention to him. i think tj is not going to get a lot of playing time if bo leaves or why not play him more now and let him get used to the system? DD i think has a lot of upside but they say he is really young so i doubt they would start him next year. so do we go after this guy for real help until we get who we want? i also understand bo might come back. and i am just guessing about the other qb's.

Just curious, where do you think Bo's going after this season? 

Edited by keesler
  • Like 1

Do you mean Myles Brennen?

If Bo leaves or DD leaves, we'll take another QB IMO.  If neither leave, I'd say there is a small chance we take a 5th year Sr with a lot of experience.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, woodford said:

Is there a rumor of Bo leaving that I’m not aware of?

It was mentioned in the OP, "if Bo leaves" ......   i'm curious to know where '50 thinks Bo would go? 

I suspect the staff will evaluate any worthy offensive transfer in the portal that could realistically play at this level. Brennan fits that mold. I would imagine we take a second QB if one of the 3 leaves, which is always a possibility. Brennan would be a great fit. Last year of eligibility, pocket passer. A good SEC starter and a phenomenal backup. 

29 minutes ago, keesler said:

It was mentioned in the OP, "if Bo leaves" ......   i'm curious to know where '50 thinks Bo would go? 

Good question.  Return for SR year maybe?  I mean other than quit playing football I’m not sure where else he’d be.

33 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Plus Finley, though I think he may transfer

He'd have to sit out a year if he transfers again.  I'm not sure why he'd do that if he's the #2 right now and in line to take over in '23 vs transfer to an unknown

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Give DD snaps this year. Doesn’t have to start but give him PT he is the future (most likely)

I know a lot of ppl are high on him, but I feel like he's more likely to transfer than ever get meaningful snaps here.  Just my feelings, not a determination of the kid.

Edited by W.E.D

18 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I know a lot of ppl are high on him, but I feel like he's more likely to transfer than ever get meaningful snaps here.  Just my feelings, not a determination of the kid.

I am a big fan of DD, but I feel the same. I think he is sandwiched in a bad time between Bo and then Harsin's own QB recruits coming in. I think Holden G. is the example of what Harsin wants in a QB. Big, Pro style Pocket passer with a cannon. 

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am a big fan of DD, but I feel the same. I think he is sandwiched in a bad time between Bo and then Harsin's own QB recruits coming in. I think Holden G. is the example of what Harsin wants in a QB. Big, Pro style Pocket passer with a cannon. 

Obviously Bo is not the guy Harsin would typically recruit either , but he is playing. If he gets an opportunity to show what he can do and performs well Harsin will play him.

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yeah I don't think DD fits what Harsin has ever used.  Maybe he adapts, idk.

But I agree, TJ/Holden seem to be Harsin/Bobo's preferred QB to fit their offense. They can utilize an athletic QB and have this year, but believe they prefer on bigger and probably with a stronger arm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Obviously Bo is not the guy Harsin would typically recruit either , but he is playing. If he gets an opportunity to show what he can do and performs well Harsin will play him.

Bo is much closer to a pro style qb than DD is.  I know many disagree. But I don't think DD has shown adequate arm strength to play at this level.

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Bo is playing because he started every single game for 2 years before Harsin got here. Even with the changes to the offense, that gave him a *massive* advantage over any other candidates. Those other candidates included a true freshman, a walk-on, and a washed out transfer with no experience. Harsin brought in Finley hoping Finley would be better, but he's not. Bo is starting by default. 

Davis doesn't have that advantage. That's what folks are saying. He's going to be on equal footing with Geriner, who is the prototype for almost everything Harsin and Bobo have done their entire careers. This year isn't going to give him a big advantage when he's not getting any meaningful game reps and isn't even getting QB2 reps in practice. 

Yes, he'll have a shot, but he'll have to beat some long odds. That's all I've seen anyone say. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

This year isn't going to give him a big advantage when he's not getting any meaningful game reps and isn't even getting QB2 reps in practice. 

Is he still behind Loy?? Loy is awful. I hope it's just bc of class bc if not that's not a good sign

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Is he still behind Loy?? Loy is awful. I hope it's just bc of class bc if not that's not a good sign

Not sure about Loy but he's definitely behind Finley. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not sure about Loy but he's definitely behind Finley. 

I don't see us taking a transfer Unless we want a Sr transfer that knows their system to compete with Bo/TJ.

Hopefully we have another open competition in the spring between TJ/Bo

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't see us taking a transfer Unless we want a Sr transfer that knows their system to compete with Bo/TJ.

Hopefully we have another open competition in the spring between TJ/Bo

Will Geriner be an early enrollee?

This website gon get them page views this spring no matter what. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Will Geriner be an early enrollee?

This website gon get them page views this spring no matter what. 

Haven't seen a definitive list of who is an EE, just the comments they want as many kids here in January as possible 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Haven't seen a definitive list of who is an EE, just the comments they want as many kids here in January as possible 

Indeed, I can imagine they do.