Men vs Morehead State Game Thread

Maverick.AU

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Think they ran a set like that in the exhibition 

I think this is going to be a great opportunity for Bruce. I know he pitched 5 out to Kessler and Jabari but there’s some very funky things we can do that literally no other team in conference can replicate! Anthony Davis and Demarcus Cousins in NOP also comes to mind 

Robinson and Duncan

• Love 1

10 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

I hope my post game thoughts didn’t come across this negatively. We looked great, I’m thrilled to watch our guys this season.

No I was just making a comment in general. First game out and Bruce is trying things and figuring out what we got. All good. 

Just watched the U-Tube version of the game. Kessler impressed me a lot. shot blocker rebounder, good vision as a passer, sealed his man down low multiple times with hand up for the pass that never came. Our guards need to reward the big men when they get position.  Smith has a real pretty stroke and does a good job on defense did not do as good a job at Kessler of getting position down low but like Kessler when he did the guards either didn't see him or are not looking for the pass. The best passes from outside to inside were made by one big man to another. Johnson and the other guards all played tough defense on the ball.  Cambridge and Moore looked good at times then other times not as good. Williams was very solid had a couple of turnovers but I thought it was more on the guard s passing to him then because he messed up.

Over all a good first game against a decent team but with room for improvement.