How to watch games on ESPN+and SEC+?

jaydubb121

47 minutes ago, jaydubb121 said:

Is a subscription required to watch the basketball games?

I am able to watch by using my Charter/Spectrum account.  

If you don’t have cable or paid services you’ll probably have to buy the espukenetwork subscription.

7 hours ago, toddc said:

If you don’t have cable or paid services you’ll probably have to buy the espukenetwork subscription.

What’s weird is I have YouTube tv which gets me sec+, but tried to watch the hockey game later and it indicated I needed a subscription. 

6 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

What’s weird is I have YouTube tv which gets me sec+, but tried to watch the hockey game later and it indicated I needed a subscription. 

@BJCrawford what hockey game? If it’s an NHL game it’s not covered by your SEC network subscription. SEC plus and ESPN plus are two separate things. SEC plus covers your SEC network subscription that you already have through your cable satellite provider. ESPN plus is a completely separate thing that must be bought to watch things like NHL games.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@BJCrawford what hockey game? If it’s an NHL game it’s not covered by your SEC network subscription. SEC plus and ESPN plus are two separate things. SEC plus covers your SEC network subscription that you already have through your cable satellite provider. ESPN plus is a completely separate thing that must be bought to watch things like NHL games.

Vegas Knights. Ok that explains it. I’m a new hockey fan. I would pay $70 a year for Auburn sports not sure I’m there yet for hockey……thank you!!

8 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Vegas Knights. Ok that explains it. I’m a new hockey fan. I would pay $70 a year for Auburn sports not sure I’m there yet for hockey……thank you!!

@BJCrawford You could pay $7 bucks a month for the months you use it then cancel after the regular season is over. That's $50. If that's too much you could pay by month for the last 2 or 3 months of the regular season. That would be $14 & $21 respectively. All playoff games will be on major networks so ESPN plus would not be needed foe the playoffs.

• Thanks 1

ESPN+ (as much as I despise ESPN) is becoming a great value. All NHL games this year (it was just the first half of the season last year) and all PGA events that used to be on the PGA Tour service that was $10. 

It ESPN did people no favors confusing everyone with the “+” part of their listings. ESPN+ is the separate subscription. SECN+, ACCN+, and other “+” channels just require you to have a cable/streaming service provider that carries the non-plus version of the channel, i.e. SEC Network. You just log in to the ESPN app with your TV provider to get the “+” channels. You also get game replays which you can watch anytime as soon as the game ends for about a week (maybe longer) after it airs live. 

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

ESPN+ (as much as I despise ESPN) is becoming a great value. All NHL games this year (it was just the first half of the season last year) and all PGA events that used to be on the PGA Tour service that was $10. 

It ESPN did people no favors confusing everyone with the “+” part of their listings. ESPN+ is the separate subscription. SECN+, ACCN+, and other “+” channels just require you to have a cable/streaming service provider that carries the non-plus version of the channel, i.e. SEC Network. You just log in to the ESPN app with your TV provider to get the “+” channels. You also get game replays which you can watch anytime as soon as the game ends for about a week (maybe longer) after it airs live. 

Can hockey games still be blacked out even with a subscription? When I was looking for a game (before I realized what you and E explained with ESPN+), there were several “live” games but the Knights/Redwings game had blackout across the bottom. Would be very annoying to buy ESPN+ and still have games blacked out.

9 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Can hockey games still be blacked out even with a subscription? When I was looking for a game (before I realized what you and E explained with ESPN+), there were several “live” games but the Knights/Redwings game had blackout across the bottom. Would be very annoying to buy ESPN+ and still have games blacked out.

The one on the 7h should have only been blacked in Detroit & Vegas Markets where there are locals stations already carrying the games. There was no national TV coverage of the game. Same with their rematch on the 18th.

The one on the 7h should have only been blacked in Detroit & Vegas Markets where there are locals stations already carrying the games. There was no national TV coverage of the game. Same with their rematch on the 18th.

I’m in Vegas and definitely did not have it but I’m on YouTube tv and not main cable so that’s probably the issue bc my friend had it.thank you!!

On 11/11/2021 at 9:36 PM, jared52 said:

The only MINOR correction here, is that ESPN+ is not doing All NHL games.  They are doing a TON of them, but not all of them are available through ESPN+ and yes there are still blackouts even with the ESPN+ subscription.

I’ve linked my Sling account to my ESPN app.  When I check the score on the app there’s a button which says “watch now”.  Last nights game had the Auburn announcers over the video feed and no commercials.

3 hours ago, WarTiger said:

The only MINOR correction here, is that ESPN+ is not doing All NHL games.  They are doing a TON of them, but not all of them are available through ESPN+ and yes there are still blackouts even with the ESPN+ subscription.

Ah, I had read somewhere they were doing the full season, but don’t recall where. I’m sure the national games are blacked out and locals as well. I’m an Avs fan so I don’t have to worry about local blackouts like I do with the Braves.

Is Auburn v usf only on ESPN +? Anyone know?

10 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

I heard if you have SEC on your TV provider that you can log into WATCH ESPN with your tv provider credentials and get it that way if it is on SEC+ also.  Worth a try.

@jj3jordanFor SEC home games yes. We are on the road tonight so only be on ESPN+.

@jj3jordanFor SEC home games yes. We are on the road tonight so only be on ESPN+.

I've been going through ESPN3.com with my satellite provider information so far. Will that work tonight, or is it only with the paid ESPN+ account?

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I've been going through ESPN3.com with my satellite provider information so far. Will that work tonight, or is it only with the paid ESPN+ account?

@RednillaESPN+ is a extra paid service as others have said in this thread. If you have the Disney+ bundle as most families do now then you have it.

I purchased a subscription for a year because one of our earlier football game was on ESPN+; I watched the last basketball game on ESPN+ as well and really enjoyed it. They don't go to commercials so it makes it feel more like you are watching it at the game; the camera scrolls around the crowd, so you get to feel the atmosphere. Did I mention there are some good looking girls that go to Auburn.    

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@RednillaESPN+ is a extra paid service as others have said in this thread. If you have the Disney+ bundle as most families do now then you have it.

I have Dish Network. Pretty sure we don't get Disney anymore. No streaming capability.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

I purchased a subscription for a year because one of our earlier football game was on ESPN+; I watched the last basketball game on ESPN+ as well and really enjoyed it. They don't go to commercials so it makes it feel more like you are watching it at the game; the camera scrolls around the crowd, so you get to feel the atmosphere. Did I mention there are some good looking girls that go to Auburn.    

I watched that broadcast for the last two games without the need for the paid ESPN+. Was able to get them through ESPN 3.

I can't get the game with my YouTube TV subscription, although I have watched the Akron game via the ESPN app. I think the difference is the game tonight is on ESPN+ and not on SEC Network+ to which I know I have access.