Carlson

gr82b4au

2 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Well, the next guy coming in who’s still in high school keeps getting put in to kick 60 plus yarders… made a 52, 55 and a 61 all in one game…. Missed a 65 yarder just barely wide and it went over the upright….  

When you take away the kicking block that is used in high school, you lose some yardage. I don't think 61 yards in high school translates to college ball.

Guest MustardSeed
5 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

When you take away the kicking block that is used in high school, you lose some yardage. I don't think 61 yards in high school translates to college ball.

The 65 yarder he missed the week before would have been good from 75 if on target. The video is on his recruiting thread.  Also 61 is the new state record so he’s out kicked all of our previous in state kickers in HS. He may never get a chance to kick a 60 plus yarder in college but he almost certainly has the distance even without the tee. May not get 75 distance he had on the one but I see no issues reaching 60 for him

Disappointing to see Mr Clutch to go to Mr. Inconsistent. That 55 yard attempt wasn’t even close.

On 11/8/2021 at 10:30 PM, j0hnnyRingo said:

He has seemed off this season, will be interesting if he decides to come back for a super senior year or not. 

I keep forgetting about the Covid extra year. We have a commitment from one of the top kickers in the country already. 

Maybe Auburn should have open kicker tryouts next week!

• Like 2

On 11/8/2021 at 4:10 PM, gr82b4au said:

He was Mr. automatic. What has happened?He really has struggled this year. 

He was 14/19 entering the game. Hardly automatic. The Carlsons have huge legs, but they weren't super accurate. Daniel was like 80%. They have a big reputation because of distance, not accuracy.

5 hours ago, Hopsing said:

Maybe Auburn should have open kicker tryouts next week!

He missed from 55.  Chill.  Over 50 isn't even automatic in the NFL.

The blocked FG was thanks to awful blocking up front.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

He missed from 55.  Chill.  Over 50 isn't even automatic in the NFL.

The blocked FG was thanks to awful blocking up front.

Relax. Follow along & you will notice he hasn’t been consistent. Also, with our kicking woes today and playing Mss State this had a humor slant.

kickoff out of bounds

miss fg

block fg

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 4:12 PM, boisnumber1 said:

2-3 from 30-39, 6-8 from 40-49, and 0-2 over 49 is not good, and not just at long range; I don't care how you spin it. He is the very definition of Unreliable. Just making "most" of your kicks isn't good enough. Hasn't been for a very long time.

He’s never been what his brother was/is. But he’s still IMO just above average. 

2 hours ago, hutchids said:

He was 14/19 entering the game. Hardly automatic. The Carlsons have huge legs, but they weren't super accurate. Daniel was like 80%. They have a big reputation because of distance, not accuracy.

Daniel Carlson was 80.7 percent for his career which puts him 8th all time in the SEC. #1 was 85% for their career. So 80% is extremely good for a kicker. He also never missed an extra point. He is also the all time SEC leading scorer. He was easily one of the greatest kickers in SEC history if not college history. His reputation was far more than just kicking the ball far.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2021 at 6:47 PM, AUx said:

one of the first installments of "All About the Ball," Harsin was focusing the team on film of field goals. I thought that was a little odd. Maybe it was actually an early concern. Just something I noticed.

The point of that segment was to illustrate how doing something right every time would yield a positive result. Ironic, I know.