Dematrius Davis

kennypowers

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

I picked 9-3 with losses to UGA, UA, and a  split of LSU/PSU. However, I thought 8-4 was more realistic adding in a TAMU loss.  8-4 is still very obtainable and beating bama to end 9-3 is certainly still on the table. A collapse could happen, but I just don't get that vibe from the players or coaches. 

If we end 8-4 I'll be happy mainly because of the way this 8-4 team fought, improved, and never backed down, compared to the previous 8-4 renditions

I would be thrilled with 8-4 all things considered.   

• Like 4

I do wish we saw DD in other games played like against Akron.  Why we played our fourth string over DD was a little confusing.  You need to give him some reps to keep the guy interested.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AUDevil said:

If tamu loses to OM then we’re back in the drivers seat…not over yet.

backstreet-boys.gif.f4bf286979ea8a2376835b0375665e74.gif

• Haha 3

I’d take 10-3 with a bowl win all day. That’s a good solid season for any program. For a first year coach, it’s almost unheard of. Also, it’s achieving more than Auburn historically does. That would mean that we beat LSU in Baton Rogue, Bama, and won a bowl. 

That’s a good season!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Harsin's first year has a lot more to it than a good destination. I guess they go hand in hand but he needs to show he belongs.

Two steps forward, one step back with that performance yesterday. Even more so if he keeps adding "his" Boise coaches to all the staff positions as most are predicting 

Well maybe the

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not sure which part you're disagreeing with or what reality you think I'm speculating on.

Countless ppl are predicting Coach Key will be our next OC, the TE coach will take over at OL, etc.  That's all I said 🤷‍♂️

Well they could hire Grantham and Harvesy. They are both long SEC coaches. Minimizing someone’s capability by what part of the country they come from or where they got their start at is a huge mistake and great over simplification IMO. Guess mine is as good as yours.

14 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Could literally start every game the rest of the way and still redshirt.  

$5 bet that he wouldn't let air cause him to fumble.  

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I do wish we saw DD in other games played like against Akron.  Why we played our fourth string over DD was a little confusing.  You need to give him some reps to keep the guy interested.

Probably because Davis is 4th string and Loy 3rd? I think that if Davis were ready to contribute, or at least compete at the college level we'd have seen him in one of those early blowouts. He may yet prove to be the program's savior but apparently he's not close to getting there yet.

13 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Well they could hire Grantham and Harvesy. They are both long SEC coaches. Minimizing someone’s capability by what part of the country they come from or where they got their start at is a huge mistake and great over simplification IMO. Guess mine is as good as yours.

Hiring Grantham for OC would be a massive mistake.  😉

There's nothing wrong with hiring someone from Boise or any part of the country.  Harsin is in the process of rebuilding and proving he belongs, that goes for any coach he hires.  We made some strides prior to last weekend and he was getting a bunch of hype nationally after wins at Arkansas, then vs Ole Miss last week.  Getting beat badly vs aggies was a step backwards.  Any loss is going to be that way.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Hiring Grantham for OC would be a massive mistake.  😉

There's nothing wrong with hiring someone from Boise or any part of the country.  Harsin is in the process of rebuilding and proving he belongs, that goes for any coach he hires.  We made some strides prior to last weekend and he was getting a bunch of hype nationally after wins at Arkansas, then vs Ole Miss last week.  Getting beat badly vs aggies was a step backwards.  Any loss is going to be that way.

I certainly agree with this post.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

If we end 8-4 I'll be happy mainly because of the way this 8-4 team fought, improved, and never backed down, compared to the previous 8-4 renditions

More importantly, an 8-4 record with those optics is a solid foundation to build upon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUCE05 said:

$5 bet that he wouldn't let air cause him to fumble.  

Not so sure about that, I heard from a credible source he has small hands.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Well maybe the

Don't you put that curse on us, why even say that name🙄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

Don't you put that curse on us, why even say that name🙄 

Grantham is a piece of crap just two examples never want that sob as a coach

Todd Grantham, Georgia Defensive Coordinator, Gives Florida Kicker The Choke  Sign (VIDEO) | HuffPost null

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

There's a deliberate reason we've seen so many roll/Sprint out passes this year.

Yeah, that’s obvious, I was speaking to the timing of them. If you’re calling a short rollout when it’s clear halving the field hasn’t worked or the drop off sideline routes weren’t there, then it’s bad timing. They should’ve been looking for an alternative way of beating the blitz after the 3rd quarter, if not earlier 

• Like 1