Dematrius Davis

kennypowers

Could literally start every game the rest of the way and still redshirt.  

• Like 2

Sounds good. Really nothing to play for except a better destination spot for a Bowl game. Anything be more fun to watch that than whatever that was yesterday calling itself an offense lol.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, clwn said:

Sounds good. Really nothing to play for except a better destination spot for a Bowl game. Anything be more fun to watch that than whatever that was yesterday calling itself an offense lol.

Outside of four teams, that’s what all the others are playing for, a better bowl game.

• Like 1

I don't even know if we can optimize Dee honestly. If this season is how Bobo uses mobile QBs, I dunno. His red zone play calling has been great with Bo's wheels, but between the 20s...guy doesn't even run designed runs. Or read options. Not many RPOs. Just badly timed rollouts

7 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Outside of four teams, that’s what all the others are playing for, a better bowl game.

Harsin's first year has a lot more to it than a good destination. I guess they go hand in hand but he needs to show he belongs.

Two steps forward, one step back with that performance yesterday. Even more so if he keeps adding "his" Boise coaches to all the staff positions as most are predicting 

Edited by W.E.D

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Just badly timed rollouts

There's a deliberate reason we've seen so many roll/Sprint out passes this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

There's a deliberate reason we've seen so many roll/Sprint out passes this year.

Don't speak common sense 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Even more so if he keeps adding "his" Boise coaches to all the staff positions as most are predicting 

JMO, but that's pure speculation with zero basis in reality. Again, you don't know, you may think that but it's faulty logic when you look at the historical results of those coaches. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DAG said:

Don't speak common sense 

It seems that it gets lost.

Common sense is no longer common...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

JMO, but that's pure speculation with zero basis in reality. Again, you don't know, you may think that but it's faulty logic when you look at the historical results of those coaches. 

I'm not sure which part you're disagreeing with or what reality you think I'm speculating on.

Countless ppl are predicting Coach Key will be our next OC, the TE coach will take over at OL, etc.  That's all I said 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It seems that it gets lost.

Common sense is no longer common...

It's like the people who keep yelling run the ball more like defenses aren't baiting us into that so we can continuously behind the chains early . The plays the coaching staff are calling aren’t exotic . They are short gainers that are equal to runs . We have to play off balance to neutralize things. Of course we had a previous coach who ran the ball 60 percent of the time and people hated that.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not sure which part you're disagreeing with or what reality you think I'm speculating on.

That we would continue to take two steps forward and one step back especially if we continue to add CBH's Boise boys.

If I misread it, my apologies.

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That we would continue to take two steps forward and one step back especially if we continue to add CBH's Boise boys.

If I misread it, my apologies.

Let me  go back and see if i wrote it poorly. Bc not what I meant....yeah kinda did.

Wasn't meant to he specifically towards the Boise coaches.

As we rebuild our program, we're going to have set backs especially vs a much more talented team. That's what I meant by two forward, one back....but we're still going forward and getting better. Hopefully we take two forward vs State/USC and then play good vs Bama. 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Let me  go back and see if i wrote it poorly. Bc not what I meant....yeah kinda did.

Wasn't meant to he specifically towards the Boise coaches.

As we rebuild our program, we're going to have set backs especially vs a much more talented team. That's what I meant by two forward, one back....but we're still going forward and getting better. Hopefully we take two forward vs State/USC and then play good vs Bama. 

Thanks for the clarification and I agree. There's always some pain with growth

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Thanks for the clarification and I agree. There's always some pain with growth

Yeah, mixed up my train of thought whilst making breakfast and feeding a toddler.

I wouldn't see the upside of throwing Davis out against Alabama if you didn't give him arky and miss to feed on and get his confidence up first. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah, mixed up my train of thought whilst making breakfast and feeding a toddler.

No worries...Enjoy the toddler!

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

No worries...Enjoy the toddler!

He's at daycare now, so I'm enjoying peace as I start the work day.  No more excuses for bad posting tho

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

I wouldn't see the upside of throwing Davis out against Alabama if you didn't give him arky and miss to feed on and get his confidence up first. 

Absolutely, there's no way in heck that I'd have him out there unless absolutely necessary.  Kiehl was ruined that way too

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AUDevil said:

If tamu loses to OM then we’re back in the drivers seat…not over yet.

is that not kinda like pulling something out of the frig to cook with a pass use date and we have to keep smelling it to see if it will kill us or make us sick? lol

• Haha 1

Before TAMU I had visions of 9-3 in my head even though I picked 6-6 prior to the season.  If somehow my prediction became reality that would be tough to stomach now.   Don't think we wind up there but I feel better about 6-6 than I do 9-3.   Reality is we probably are somewhere in between but if we lay an egg against state, look out.    

Just now, casatiger said:

Before TAMU I had visions of 9-3 in my head even though I picked 6-6 prior to the season.  If somehow my prediction became reality that would be tough to stomach now.   Don't think we wind up there but I feel better about 6-6 than I do 9-3.   Reality is we probably are somewhere in between but if we lay an egg against state, look out.    

I picked 9-3 with losses to UGA, UA, and a  split of LSU/PSU. However, I thought 8-4 was more realistic adding in a TAMU loss.  8-4 is still very obtainable and beating bama to end 9-3 is certainly still on the table. A collapse could happen, but I just don't get that vibe from the players or coaches. 

If we end 8-4 I'll be happy mainly because of the way this 8-4 team fought, improved, and never backed down, compared to the previous 8-4 renditions

• Like 6