Auburn Fan or Supporter

Proud Tiger

An real Auburn fan is a true fan because if you have followed Auburn sports long enough you have had your heart broken many times over and you still love them through thick and thin. Having said that, a true fan can also have a good idea when a player should be benched for a series or two because he's not getting the job done. I try not to second guess play calls because quite frankly any play looks bad if it fails and any play looks great if it works. For one fan to think they are somehow a better fan than another fan because they are more tolerant of less than stellar results doesn't mean they are. We're wired differently. I'm not big on overreacting during a game though. Things aren't always as good or bad as they appear during the heat of the moment. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, War Eagle Girl said:

Hahaha. 🤣 I'm a graduate so therefore I always support Auburn in everything. 

So am I and I always support our Tigers.

• Like 1

What if you're a true fan whose life was defined by his time in Auburn but also a very strong critic who types this from the inside of a D1 football only facility with experience and knowledge to back it up?

What's the point of message boards if we can't criticize? I'm under no delusions that any of us have any expertise or are even remotely qualified. That's why we are here and not coaching. None of what we say or want has any influence. However, the argument that we should shut up and support regardless of how bad the team is playing is absolutely stupid. We get upset because we all want to see better. We get upset with certain players because of their performance, effort, and attitudes on the field. Nothing more nothing less

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, au302 said:

What's the point of message boards if we can't criticize? I'm under no delusions that any of us have any expertise or are even remotely qualified. That's why we are here and not coaching. None of what we say or want has any influence. However, the argument that we should shut up and support regardless of how bad the team is playing is absolutely stupid. We get upset because we all want to see better. We get upset with certain players because of their performance, effort, and attitudes on the field. Nothing more nothing less

Personally I agree. I'm sure critical of our offense against TAMU. But I still support them. And as I see it that's the difference between the fan options as described.

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 1

Ahh the standard No True Scotsman test of a fan. This gets trotted out every year by you Much More Loyal True Fans to show your clear moral superiority.

You win you’re the best fan ever. No other fan is as true as you are. You get your own Eagle Scout badge for fandom. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Dislike 2

I support Auburn unconditionally but that doesn't mean I won't call a spade a spade. As the late great Bernie Mack said " I call it like it T I S, I ain't scared of you mothersuckers!" 🤣🤣🤣 Of course he used a f in place of the s.

War Eagle and IGTBAAT!

20 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Which are you?

May be an image of text

i was born an Auburn fan and i will die one. records ultimately will never change my love for Auburn. i might hurt not voice it very clear but i will always love my tigers.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, PUB78 said:

So am I and I always support our Tigers.

Same here, and my wife, plus two sons. Always support our university…..feel I have written them enough checks to earn the status of armchair quarterback. I always know what play should have been called when it’s over.

• Like 2

I am 100 percent a true fan win lose or draw. I am also 110 percent a True Arm Chair QB. Matter of fact....not to brag...but I was voted 4th team honorable mention for all county as an arm chair QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am 100 percent a true fan win lose or draw. I am also 110 percent a True Arm Chair QB. Matter of fact....not to brag...but I was voted 4th team honorable mention for all county as an arm chair QB.

...Woman's division

😁

On 11/7/2021 at 1:17 PM, gr82be said:

An real Auburn fan is a true fan because if you have followed Auburn sports long enough you have had your heart broken many times over and you still love them through thick and thin. Having said that, a true fan can also have a good idea when a player should be benched for a series or two because he's not getting the job done. I try not to second guess play calls because quite frankly any play looks bad if it fails and any play looks great if it works. For one fan to think they are somehow a better fan than another fan because they are more tolerant of less than stellar results doesn't mean they are. We're wired differently. I'm not big on overreacting during a game though. Things aren't always as good or bad as they appear during the heat of the moment. 

If someone wants to feel better, just make a list of programs that have had more reasons to celebrate.  The list isn't very long.  Winning championships playing in the SEC means that we swing for the fences every year.  Home run hitters usually strike out a lot.