Harsin didn’t consider QB change in loss

aubiefifty

26 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

TJ wasn’t going to help.  Out of the 20 caught passes, only five of those were caught by receivers.  Are the receivers solely to blame?  No.  It was bad all of the way around. 

I think a better indicator of what you’re trying to say here would be drops or something WRs have control over. Auburn’s GP was clearly to play horizontal and short, and many of those short plays were to backs and TEs. W/o even looking at stats, Id imagine Shivers had 6 targets, Shenker had 4, Deal had 3-4. I don’t know if anyone WR than Kobe had 4 targets. 

• Like 1

Auburn has alot of holes to fill, particularly on offense. The OL is sub par against elite defenses. The WR's don't seem to get separation, don't make adjustments or just don't catch the ball. Last but not least Nix doesn't seem to handle adversity well. I agree with an earlier poster on why we didn't we use the 10 to 15 yard passes that seemed to work the last two games.

As the saying goes, you don't win races without horses. Auburn's corral doesn't seem to have a whole lot of horses, especially on the offensive side. JMO.

What can TJ do better than Bo? Throw? Probably… but guess what - we can’t catch passes so it would not matter. He can’t run as well as Bo. So why would the coach put a statue quarterback in the game? One that has not played in weeks… only to watch the WRs drop his passes. 

Also we were tied 3-3 in the third and Bo drove us down the field for an easy fg… that we missed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Was at the game.  From my vantage point, it felt as if Bobo dif am awful job with play calling and giving Bo throws that have worked so well the last few weeks.

Hardly any easy 5-10 yard passes over the middle on 1st or 2nd down.  Allowed the defense to rotate outside.

Bo had some awful throws for sure, but man, the gameplan sucked.

A&M's DB's were squatting on those short routes and their DLine and blitzes was applying pressure early so the longer routes did not have time to develops. The screens we tried to run did not work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Just based on what I have seen, I would play him every game. But I’m not at practice. When everyone wanted Gatewood to play, I had a contact who knew a player directly. The player said Gatewood was miles behind Bo in every aspect of running an offense ( other than the physical parts)and it wasn’t close. Now Gatewood has been 3 rd string at Kentucky and UCF basically confirmed my inside information was correct. I’m pretty sure coaches want to win worse than we do. 

That logically doesn't make sense

The bright side is even with this game, bo has gotten better this year. Hopefully he keeps getting better in preparation for his senior year. He'll need improvement to get drafted.

Season is over at this point. No chance for any titles. Let's see if bo can gut out 9 wins this year (including bowl). That will be a positive change from the gus years.

• Thanks 1

The problem is if u keep switching quarterbacks back and forth then u don’t have one. IMO if u pull Bo say the 3rd quarter his psychic is probably shot for the rest of the season. Then would have to ride TJ out for the rest of the season. For example look at Florida been using two QB’s all season and got blown out yesterday by the gamecocks. Now the USCe is probably feeling themselves.

Maybe a better example would be Rattler at Oklahoma. Luckily for them it worked out. Would it work out for Auburn with TJ at helm the rest of the season who know.

Edited by e808
Additional comment
  • Like 1

3 fumbles…don’t forget the botched flea flicker.  The nature of each of those fumbles along with missing on so many throws shows that his nerves were running the show.  I don’t know how you calm him down…maybe smoke a joint in the tent?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

TJ wasn’t going to help.  Out of the 20 caught passes, only five of those were caught by receivers.  Are the receivers solely to blame?  No.  It was bad all of the way around. 

That argument makes zero sense. The only way TJ could have done worse would have been if he came in and threw 2 or more pick 6's. Bo was going 3 and out, fumbling, screaming at his players, and throwing balls in the dirt all day. Couldn't get much worse

• Like 1

Hutchids, the season isn't over and there is still a chance for a title.   We need to win out and A&M to lose one.  Not likely, but I'm saying there is a chance....

3 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

He might change his mind after watching the tape. I saw panicked throws, bad footwork, and scrambling away from receivers numerous times.  The one thing I’ll say to his credit, our receivers are really bad at recognizing when he’s pressured and adjusting.

Nix was baaad. But the receivers are really bad also. They don't catch anything that isn't thrown directly to them. Zero ability to adjust on lobbed passes. Only way we can really fix this and compete with elite teams is get better receivers and a more accurate QB. After the fumble return for a TD, I have no idea why Harsin didn't go to Finley. What could it have hurt? And, if Finley built some momentum, maybe it carries forward. 

Edited by twilli13
  • Like 1

Bo was missing on all cylinders in the second half.  TJ would have been an improvement in my mind because he moves well in the pocket(bo runs out after 1.75 seconds) and has more arm strength to get the ball to the receivers without short hopping it(5 times) to open receivers.  No way Bo makes that play that win the Ga St game for us. And Finley can run when he needs to plus he is not an inviting target to hit. No one on the field is afraid to lay the wood to Bo. TJ not so much. And he can see over linemen so his short throws can be more accurate. I’m not saying he is better at practice but Bo was flailing and never got better. Also after getting benched Bo played much better. He needs to know that his job is not secure if he fails to perform.

31 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

3 fumbles…don’t forget the botched flea flicker.  The nature of each of those fumbles along with missing on so many throws shows that his nerves were running the show.  I don’t know how you calm him down…maybe smoke a joint in the tent?

I'm glad you pointed that out, it's not all about the throwing which certainly has to get better somehow, but the carelessness with the ball. He dropped the ball the play BEFORE he fumbled again and gave up the td. I know personally I've brought up how he runs with the ball he will end up fumbling at the most inopportune time. I don't say that to brag but to say I'm sure many people said it as well. And even more important coaches absolutely point out that we can make this guy turn the ball over. Just keep rushing him and make him make decisions.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I can’t remember if the fumbles were before the time Bo became unglued because players were lined up wrong and we took a time out or it was after.  Either way, it is a sure sign Bo has lost his ability to think rationally and needs to sit down.  He did the same thing last year (I believe) in the South Carolina game and it turned out poorly.

44 minutes ago, au302 said:

That argument makes zero sense. The only way TJ could have done worse would have been if he came in and threw 2 or more pick 6's. Bo was going 3 and out, fumbling, screaming at his players, and throwing balls in the dirt all day. Couldn't get much worse

TJ would have been sacked 10 times in that game.  That could make it 10 times worse.  

Bo was less than 50% completion rate for the SIXTH time in his career. He’s not going to step up into the pocket, he’s not going to take the tough hit, he’s not going to recognize a blitz and throw into it. By this point, we know exactly what we have in Bo. It’s not all his fault. It took a team effort to look that bad, but for the love of all, you’d think we’d try to change something. Losing stinks. Winning makes everything better. 

What bothers me most is that the aggies are  rocking recruiting. All this talk about Harsin building a tougher team is nice, but we don’t have the horses…we just don’t. In my opinion, this is another school that’s leaving us in the dust.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Again people reactive once again. Just a week ago there was a thread saying how much the coaching staff has done with Bo. Now it’s let’s bench him because we know what we have in him. You cannot survive a continuous QB carousel. I am not opposed to TJ reps and if Bo plays like crap next game he probably will, but eventually you have to stick with one through the adversity. So if we play TJ and he struggles mightily, I don’t want to hear put Bo back in for a series. Bo had the hot hand going into the aggies game. It seemed like we were a big play away from taking the lead until we imploded in the fourth. Prior to that, Bo had looked like he could handle adversity on the road . Is it because this Texas A&M team is forreal? Iono. I do know you can’t be so quick to pull the trigger every time someone hits adversity. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, alexava said:

Why would he be pressured to play Bo? Who would do it? This idea has never made a bit sense to me from day 1. Here it still keeps coming up.

the powers behind the throne so to speak? that would be a great question to ask wde? for the record i said i wonder if there was pressure. i am not anti bo. he has given some us some great games this year and then there is bad bo. so if you think that is my reasoning you would be wrong. hell i own a bo knows t s*** that is bo nix and not bo nix. i hope bo balls out because when he does well auburn does well normally.

4 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

This is the same defense that beat Alabama. Am I right?

I think Alabama scored a great deal of points. They just scored 3 more with last play of game.

4 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

This is the same defense that beat Alabama. Am I right?

Yeah but the defense looked terrible against them. Forced a couple TOs and got a special teams TO but gave up 4.5 yards a run and 7.7 yards a pass. I feel like that’s about double what we had in both categories

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Bo was less than 50% completion rate for the SIXTH time in his career. He’s not going to step up into the pocket, he’s not going to take the tough hit, he’s not going to recognize a blitz and throw into it. By this point, we know exactly what we have in Bo. It’s not all his fault. It took a team effort to look that bad, but for the love of all, you’d think we’d try to change something. Losing stinks. Winning makes everything better. 

What bothers me most is that the aggies are  rocking recruiting. All this talk about Harsin building a tougher team is nice, but we don’t have the horses…we just don’t. In my opinion, this is another school that’s leaving us in the dust.

Aggies had like 3 commits during Saturday alone. Fisher knows how to build a stout team, even if I don’t believe in his Xs and Os much 

• Like 2