Worst offensive performance in years

aubiefifty

10 hours ago, cbo said:

Yes, of course there are differences. Others being that Bo is in his 3rd year of starting every game and that he also dropped the ball the very play before. And, primarily, that everyone considers JJ a complete failure while some still blame all of Bo's deficiencies on the the rest of the team. 

I'll admit JJ's goof simply has a funnier look to it. Not sure that's the best way to analyze football, though. 

That's what I was referring to, the humor in that particular play, not a football analysis.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

we know he is legend.................

Anyone that helped name Cain and Abel is definitely a legend

• Haha 2

On 11/9/2021 at 9:11 AM, McLoofus said:

As for the play that *did* result in a TAMU TD, that was our quarterback just straight dropping the football on the ground for no reason. Which is why I trust that the folks still carrying around hate hard-ons for Jeremy Johnson have officially retired the gif of the backwards pass fumble against LSU. Your boy Bo just did the same damn thing. I'm not beating up on or hating on him. Just want to make sure our standards are consistent. (Just kidding. I know they won't ever be.)

C'mon LOL, is this serious? I've been #1 on blasting Bo for his poor showings but this comparison is asinine. He should have taken the sack or thrown the ball away, but he was a second away from being tackled as he was escaping the pocket. He did drop the ball, but I'm not confused as to why it happened. Jeremy Johnson had a clean pocket, no pressure, he wound up for a pass and the ball somehow launched out of his hand backwards. It's not comparable at all. How do you drop the ball backwards on a clean pass attempt? Homie was ~6'5 so I assume it wasn't a hand-size issue. The ball slips, it happens, but you don't need to try to warp reality to explain it - the plays weren't comparable at all.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Huh.

Y'all are a trip, man. 

The ball slipping out as you're being pressured and on the run (ie: there is an imminent THREAT) vs. the ball slipping out as you're literally standing there by yourself as you wind up for a pass.

Totally the same thing.

I'm sure you understand the concept of nuance.

This is the hill you're choosing to die on? 

Edited by metafour
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, metafour said:

The ball slipping out as you're being pressured and on the run (ie: there is an imminent THREAT) vs. the ball slipping out as you're literally standing there by yourself as you wind up for a pass.

Totally the same thing.

Huh. Seems most players who touch the ball on every single snap and have been doing that for 2 1/2 years in the SEC would choose "imminent THREATs" as a good time to secure the ball. Dude just dropped it on the ground for no damn reason. Right after he'd dropped a ball on the ground for no damn reason after his teammate pitched it to him perfectly. It was every bit as bad and embarrassing as what JJ did. 

Yes, I do understand the concept of nuance. You don't need to italicize it like it's a fancy word. It's super not.

This is the molehill you're trying to turn into a mountain?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, metafour said:

How do you drop the ball backwards on a clean pass attempt? Homie was ~6'5 so I assume it wasn't a hand-size issue. The ball slips, it happens, but you don't need to try to warp reality to explain it - the plays weren't comparable at all.

Exactly right. One play was funny (JJ's) while the other was just pathetic (Bo's) and had no humor in it at all. I chuckle every time I think of that first play.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 1:29 PM, IronMan70 said:

Except JJ was actually throwing the ball and Bo was running with the ball after he had brought it down. JJ's was an all time classic, lol.

JJ had two attempts at a “Hail Mary Pass” that season. Absolutely, positively the worst executed Hail Mary pass attempts in the history of college football! Not just Auburn football, but college football in general.

It is like when a guy has borderline Heisman talent, and can’t even execute a Hail Mary pass, he just can’t make it in college, can’t be an NFL walk-on, can’t cut it in the CFL, gets cut from his arena football league as a backup QB, then can’t make it as a arena football league long snapper, so he gets cut again, that would be JJ and yes it is just comical! 

We really now arguing who had the more embarrassing play. Couple of guys we thought had super star talent coming in and we're now discussing this. My how south the QB position in the Gus era went south after Marshall, besides maybe Stidham. Hopefully Geriner can right the ship

Edited by au302

7 hours ago, au302 said:

We really now arguing who had the more embarrassing play. Couple of guys we thought had super star talent coming in and we're now discussing this. My how south the QB position in the Gus era went south after Marshall, besides maybe Stidham. Hopefully Geriner can right the ship

The downfall of Gus.   Thought he had a super star QB that ended in a comedy of errors.   Then he recruited a variety of styles of QB and ended up run out of town.  

19 hours ago, metafour said:

19 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, I do understand the concept of nuance. You don't need to italicize it like it's a fancy word. It's super not.

This is the molehill you're trying to turn into a mountain?

You two just made me laugh, on a day I might be yelling at lot.

Thanks ❤️