Fisher calls out Auburn

aubiefifty

6 hours ago, WVR said:

As Paul Harvey use to say, “Now you know the rest of the story”. This would explain a lot of his bitterness towards Auburn.

I don't think he has bitterness toward Auburn.  That is more of a fan construct than reality.

9 hours ago, Beaker said:

He also got the sexual assault  investigation on Winston 'slow played' from that Sept/Oct ( I truly don't recall)  until January so they could get through the season...

Fisher is a 'piece of work' and quite the hypocrite.

The case that was never charged due to there being no evidence.  Yeah, that case.

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Lou Holtz?

yeah...the man lived by principles and enforced them..    The players filed injunction to try to get back on the team and it went to the state AG office for a ruling since Holtz was a state employee running a state program.  

A former player told me he did have a sign outside his office that said, "It really is my way or the highway."   I met him once and rode in car with him from the airport - kind person and seemed super genuine.  

I know people laughed at him as he did the TV analyst gig, but if my son played, I would want him in Holtz's program.   

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Beaker said:

yeah...the man lived by principles and enforced them..    The players filed injunction to try to get back on the team and it went to the state AG office for a ruling since Holtz was a state employee running a state program.  

A former player told me he did have a sign outside his office that said, "It really is my way or the highway."   I met him once and rode in car with him from the airport - kind person and seemed super genuine.  

I know people laughed at him as he did the TV analyst gig, but if my son played, I would want him in Holtz's program.   

Agree completely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

I have nothing against Lou Holtz, I just didn't know where I missed him being part of the conversation.

21 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I have nothing against Lou Holtz, I just didn't know where I missed him being part of the conversation.

You said,

"He (Jimbo Fisher)  is just a coach that is competitive and taking up for his guys.   He is no more sleazy than any other big time college coach."

I made the point that Fisher is more sleazy than other coaches.  I was disagreeing with you and  I gave the example how one coach (L Holtz) did it and won everywhere he went.    Are a lot of them sleazy?  Yes, for sure.   I would say more than half; but many are not and to be honest, most are making tough decisions each week regarding discipline and what is best for the player (teaching values) and what is going to help them win on Saturday. 

Another coach that was not sleazy:  Gus.  I am not a Gus fan,  but he represented Auburn and our program very well.   

• Like 1

Dimbo is truly one of the biggest a-wipes in football. Remember his screaming we were somehow intercepting  his plays in 2013? At FSU he physically confronted FSU fans that criticized him and explained away his actions as "protecting players".

4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Dimbo is truly one of the biggest a-wipes in football. Remember his screaming we were somehow intercepting  his plays in 2013? At FSU he physically confronted FSU fans that criticized him and explained away his actions as "protecting players".

Not to just bring up bad memories, but that game will forever sit poorly with me.  FSU made adjustments on D at the half and it seemed to me that we had no counter to their adjustment (which knowing how the next 7-8 yrs went, we probably had no clue what to do.).    That  was a missed opportunity that we controlled.  So no, Fisher is not a quality person in victory or defeat. 

The loss to UVA - well, the refs had total control over that and the next call and the no call.  Bruce and the fighting Pearls just got jobbed.  

2 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

No one bellyaches after win better than Jimbo. No one.

Usually trying to divert the optics to something other than what he is concerned may be asked. Trying to control the message.