Chiz on A&M Loss

aubiefifty

• Thanks 2

Chiz is still damaged by the 30000 AU fans that hit the exits at halftime of the 2012 A&M game when it was obvious the team was disinterested in playing.

I won't even click on it to see what he says.  He is one of the most over rated coaches ever and nobody ever comes after him.

10 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Whether we like him or not doesn’t matter, there’s nothing he said I would disagree with. 

Could be but he's sure not the one who should be saying it.

• Like 1

I think he usually has very good analysis (which is different than being a head coach) but accept many will call any ex au coach a total idiot except for Jordan and dye.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I think he usually has very good analysis (which is different than being a head coach) but accept many will call any ex au coach a total idiot except for Jordan and dye.

I try hard not to call anyone an idiot but sometimes it's hard. Chizik is not an idiot. He is a good man.He was just awful at PR and it cost him.

• Like 3

The man helped to win us our second national championship in the history of our program and left enough talent in the cupboard for us to almost win our third one the year after he left. Yes things eventually fell apart and he is to blame for that, but he kept the team together that championship year while a ton of crap was being thrown at him and the team. Some coaches are better position coaches than they are head coaches, but it doesn’t take someone who has never failed at coaching college football to see what our issues were yesterday.

Edited by PigskinPat
  • Like 5

image.gif.5682fcf48a32f73112289a56728f4e82.gif

Gene Chizik. “We need a leader not a loser”. We (AUburn) lost yesterday but we (AUburn) have a leader. 

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

image.gif.5682fcf48a32f73112289a56728f4e82.gif

Gene Chizik. “We need a leader not a loser”. We (AUburn) lost yesterday but we (AUburn) have a leader. 

And you say Obama is........?

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

And you say Obama is........?

I say this isn’t a political thread and and this is a gif expressing my thoughts. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Cant imagine anyone else less qualified to comment on an Auburn loss to aTm than Chiz...

Really?  The list is long.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 12:45 PM, Proud Tiger said:

Could be but he's sure not the one who should be saying it.

So the SEC is paying him a lot of money for his analysis as a former coach not to give his educated opinion???

Wait But What About This One Omg GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

So the SEC is paying him a lot of money for his analysis as a former coach not to give his educated opinion???

Wait But What About This One Omg GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

IMHO.....yes, particularly in the case of getting beat by TAMU. Do you like all of Finebaum's opinions.

20 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I guess I'm slow at 84. What thought are you expressing?

It’s a “yeah, okay…whatever “ type shrug and facial expression about Gene’s thoughts.  Gene Chizik was a pretty good coordinator, terrible head coach (2010 was WAY more Cam Newton than either the head coach or offensive coordinator). His thoughts are his thoughts and he’s unequivocally more football experienced than me, however, it’s still a whatever kind of moment for me. Much like when corso was able to ramble on and such. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

How long is the 3-9 list that lost 63-whatever to A&M? I’ll hang up and listen..

3-9 is a piece of the story. Won a championship at Auburn and was the DC at Texas in 2005 when they won. One bad season don’t erase the accolades. He is more than qualified to have an opinion and he is getting paid 

Edited by e808

2 hours ago, e808 said:

3-9 is a piece of the story. Won a championship at Auburn and was the DC at Texas in 2005 when the won. One bad season don’t erase the accolades. He is more than qualified to have an opinion and he is getting paid 

Sure thing, Mrs. Chizik…🤣

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

On 11/7/2021 at 1:30 PM, CR said:

Chiz is still damaged by the 30000 AU fans that hit the exits at halftime of the 2012 A&M game when it was obvious the team was disinterested in playing.

TAMU scored another touchdown before we could even get all the way out of the stadium. Not kidding.

On 11/8/2021 at 4:47 PM, e808 said:

3-9 is a piece of the story. Won a championship at Auburn and was the DC at Texas in 2005 when they won. One bad season don’t erase the accolades. He is more than qualified to have an opinion and he is getting paid 

By Auburn, still?😂