Defense Appreciation Thread

cbo

8 minutes ago, cbo said:

D played lights out today against a strong opponent, on the road. Everyone wanted the second half D to show up at the beginning of the game. We got it today.

As frustrated as you might be, imagine how they must feel. Let's see if we can have one thread where we praise, discuss, analyze the D, without getting into the other stuff. 

I am waiting to see the stats. Seemed to ave gotten tired in 2nd half.

Shame to waste our best defensive performance in this gamemwirh an equally bad offensive performance 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SRBautigerfan said:

This bend don’t break defense that many on here can’t stop complaining about sure kicked some ass today.  

I agree; it feels like the last couple seasons all over again. The D plays more than good enough to win, the O just can’t get it done. Very frustrating, I just don’t get it.

I guess, it just comes down to a average to slightly below average O line and as CBS announcers were saying, our receivers can be good but they are simply not home run, game breakers.

Bo is our best option at the current time but he is no Johnny Manziel!

Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss are down to back up, walk-on, wide receivers and they look better than ours. Other national powers have two or three second string O Linemen in the game because of injuries etc. and they look better than our starting O line. Texas A&M playing their back up QB, he looks better than our starting QB. I just don’t get it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I agree; it feels like the last couple seasons all over again. The D plays more than good enough to win, the O just can’t get it done. Very frustrating, I just don’t get it.

I guess, it just comes down to a average to slightly below average O line and as CBS announcers were saying, our receivers can be good but they are simply not home run, game breakers.

Bo is our best option at the current time but he is no Johnny Manziel!

Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss are down to back up, walk-on, wide receivers and they look better than ours. Other national powers have two or three second string O Linemen in the game because of injuries etc. and they look better than our starting O line. Texas A&M playing their back up QB, he looks better than our starting QB. I just don’t get it.

The offense is beyond frustrating for me also.  The TE’s are the most consistent thing on offense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SRBautigerfan said:

The offense is beyond frustrating for me also.  The TE’s are the most consistent thing on offense.

Good point with the TE’s. I’m not trying to be total “Debbie Downer” after a tough loss, but our TE’s and RB’s need to do a better job of picking up blitzes. Especially when our opponent has 6 to 8 guys in the box on second and third and long. I still agree, the TE position is probably the most consistent!!

• Like 1

I give them a ton of praise for not just being folded like vs UGA when things clearly looked morose on the other side. You can probably attribute that to having more bodies, playing a lesser opponent, etc etc, but they still fought. 

They also were able to play more press coverage, play more physical, and didn't explicitly cost us the game because of it. Only bust I can remember was in the late 3rd where the wind was starting to go out of our sails, and they made up for it. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

McCreary and Simpson definitely played stout today

Tennison showed up, too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

McCreary and Simpson definitely played stout today

And my man, TENNISON!!!

3 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I thought it was the Defense Appreciation thread?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The stats look good and I was glad to see the D step up. However, aTm played horrible on offense the first half. Much of that was on them. Our D had a typical great second half. 

I know Harsin has said before that there are no Players of the Game when we lose and I get it but he should make the exception here and give it to the defense as a unit. Played more than well enough to win the game. Yes Bird, Tennison played a great game. Based on yesterday's play you were definitely wise to give up Smoke-ing. 

Edited by gr82be