Tough loss

bigbird

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Yeah, that's what I said. There is no excuse for our recruiting to be this bad.

That’s not true the last few years have really hurt AU in recruiting. Most of us want Gus gone years ago warned holding on to him would ruin our recruiting for years after home left, as we are seeing now. Especially at the OL positions. 

8 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

The coach is gone but not the habit.

Huh? I’m not sure I am following you. I mean we already benched the starter. This staff is new and is better. Every coaching staff is different.

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

That’s not true the last few years have really hurt AU in recruiting. Most of us want Gus gone years ago warned holding on to him would ruin our recruiting for years after home left, as we are seeing now. Especially at the OL positions. 

Yeah. And we may be caught in a death spiral where we can't get anyone good (I don't care about the outliers, stars matter--Jay Fair is not a substitute for Clemons!), and if we have to make a coaching change we won't be able to find anyone who can recruit good! That's how Tennessee became, well, Tennessee.

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

By the way those folks counting on a win from USCe might want to look at the scoreboard as they lead Florida 30-10 🤣

Yeah. I pointed that out and got ridiculed...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Especially at the OL positions. 

I definitely agree with this. It has been a disaster for years. Ultimately it is what led to Gus getting fired. 

• Like 1

Recruiting is a major concern, we need to accept this. It doesn’t help that 2-3 Death Stars are located in our area. CBH’s original plan to attract top recruits from other regions to Auburn might be harder than expected. Maybe, he assumed that it would be easier to sell the SEC brand to these recruits. It will take more than that. The new FB facility and winning some games might help a bit but it won’t be enough - because it really is nothing special and won’t impress a 5-star recruit.

It’s ok to finish 8-4 and play someone like Wake Forest in a bowl game in your first year. But starting next year, we need to win some of the big games (Penn State, etc), start competing for championships, and have a working NIL strategy if we want to land the top 4-star and 5-star recruits out in California, Texas, Pacific NW, and the Midwest. These kids have plenty of options, nationwide. Auburn is just another school to them.

Edited by AUreo

6 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Recruiting is a major concern, we need to accept this. It doesn’t help that 2-3 Death Stars are located in our area. CBH’s original plan to attract top recruits from other regions to Auburn might be harder than expected. Maybe, he assumed that it would be easier to sell the SEC brand to these recruits. It will take more than that. The new FB facility and winning some games might help a bit but it won’t be enough - because it really is nothing special and won’t impress a 5-star recruit.

It’s ok to finish 8-4 and play someone like Wake Forest in a bowl game in your first year. But starting next year, we need to win some of the big games (Penn State, etc), start competing for championships, and have a working NIL strategy if we want to land the top 4-star and 5-star recruits out in California, Texas, Pacific NW, and the Midwest. These kids have plenty of options, nationwide. Auburn is just another school to them.

Expecting us to contend for championships next year is completely unrealistic.

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Expecting us to contend for championships next year is completely unrealistic.

I know. I meant starting to trend in this direction.

4 minutes ago, AUreo said:

I know. I meant starting to trend in this direction.

If Harsin can't recruit, then will we be able to draw someone who can? Tennessee and FSU have been like this...it's just a death spiral they've been caught in. Bad recruiting -> bad roster -> no one good wants to come -> rinse and repeat.

Edited by AUwent

Thanks for the clip @bigbird we all want wins now we’ve forgotten that it takes some time to build. Its funny it used to be that 1-2 teams would end the season undefeated and if your team only lost 2-3 games it was a good year. Now it seems like every team is undefeated or bust. Play for pride. Play for auburn. Still have a lot left to go. Lets beat MSU. 

• Love 1

Everyone talking about recruiting like this coach has been doing it for more than 1 year. Give the man time. This year was already known to be subpar. 

As far as the team. Old habits die hard and show up at inopportune times like today. After the first drive I knew we were done on offense. Bo's placement was off after that first drive and he never got it back. A&M's D line dominated our O line and the D backs squatted on quick passes, our offense never adjusted , if they tried I did not see it.

It is what it is guys and gals, we are an above average team with a below avg O line and a QB that cannot handle pressure. 

Kudos to the Defense, y'all deserved better today because y'all played incredible.

I'm going to be in the minority here, but I'll give this staff a pass on recruiting rankings for this year. We just need guys who can play and that doesn't always show up in the rankings. I think most would agree that Hunter and Bigsby are pretty similar in terms of talent, but one is a 5 star and the other a 3.

The previous staff seemed to do well recruiting based on rankings (and definitely not for position need), but here we are saying we need players. NFL is full of dudes overlooked in recruiting. We just need some quality guys that this staff sees potential in. Let's start there and see where we get in a year or two.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

our offense never adjusted , if they tried I did not see it

Why though?  We have an SEC seasoned OC and an offensive HC.  They see a hell of a lot more than any of us fans,  why would they not make adjustments?

37 minutes ago, keesler said:

Why though?  We have an SEC seasoned OC and an offensive HC.  They see a hell of a lot more than any of us fans,  why would they not make adjustments?

That part of the offense hasn’t been installed yet?

2 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

So exactly how many games do we need to win before we can start recruiting well?    This thought process actually makes no sense.  If this were the case then no team could ever pull themselves out of mediocrity enough to change the culture.   Recruiters recruit.   Regardless.     I like Harsin and his approach but if he and his staff can’t recruit ahead of success on the field, his arse won’t be around long.  Period.   It’s not chicken and egg…you have to convince some chickens to come on faith.   Sell the vision.   Collect the eggs after. 

Not in disagreement. I was just replying to an earlier post. Winning does help, but yes it starts before you take the field. Yes, we must be able to recruit and then coach up that talent.

Edited by Never2Yield

So many things did not go our way… and that happens sometimes in close games. 

Bo misses open receiver on a bomb. Same play he threw to perfection in the ARK game. 
Tied 3-3 and we miss a chip shot FG to take the lead in the 3rd.

Within a TD Bo turns it over for a scoop and score. Then the 2 point conversion it goes through our hands and they get it 

multiple drops again and again and again…

just was not meant to be

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

WR can’t catch, we can’t run the ball, and over time Bo loses his composure. Once that happens we are done. 
We need OL, WRs, and a QB that does not lose his mind when things start to go bad. 

I think we have overachieved this year. We need to beat South Carolina. Hopefully beat MSU. 

Two idiots gave you the thumbs down. Some of the people on here, are mind-boggling.

Guys - I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but:

What's the tiebreaker scenario for multiple tied team's in the SECW?

Let's say we rally and win out (I know, I know... Doesn't seem likely after tonight, but let's play it out).

What if AU, bama, and one of A&M/Miss all have 2 losses?

If it's Miss, then we have both head-to-heads, and we go to Atlanta, I assume.

If it's A&M, then would we go on better division record (since one of our losses is to an East team)? Am I making that up?

Or is there some other "higher ranked" team scenario that kicks in automatically in the event of a 3-way?

4 hours ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

No matter how much Bo and the Oline has improved, we still aren't good enough to hold our own against a quality Defense!

Agreed. Has Bo really improved so much? He had a stretch of a couple of games where he was serviceable, but I will not say he’s improved that much. It’s been a few years now and I hate to point out the obvious, but he is a middle of the road QB. With that being said, the O game plan was pathetic. This is solely on the offense. It’s reminds me of why everyone around me wanted Bobo gone during his tenure under Richt. We can still go 9-3 but it won’t be easy by any stretch. 

5 minutes ago, looney said:

Guys - I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but:

What's the tiebreaker scenario for multiple tied team's in the SECW?

Let's say we rally and win out (I know, I know... Doesn't seem likely after tonight, but let's play it out).

What if AU, bama, and one of A&M/Miss all have 2 losses?

If it's Miss, then we have both head-to-heads, and we go to Atlanta, I assume.

If it's A&M, then would we go on better division record (since one of our losses is to an East team)? Am I making that up?

Or is there some other "higher ranked" team scenario that kicks in automatically in the event of a 3-way?

We discussed this in the game thread. Texas A&M are big Auburn fans now because if we beat Bama (And they win out), they are in. If Bama wins out, they are in. There is no way we could get into the SEC championship game without serious mayhem. Losing to an SEC east division rival doesn't change a thing.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

We discussed this in the game thread. Texas A&M are big Auburn fans now because if we beat Bama (And they win out), they are in. If Bama wins out, they are in. There is no way we could get into the SEC championship game without serious mayhem. Losing to an SEC east division rival doesn't change a thing.

Thanks, and, again, I'm sorry I missed it. If there's an explanation why, could you possibly give me a page number for where it was being discussed?

3 minutes ago, looney said:

Thanks, and, again, I'm sorry I missed it. If there's an explanation why, could you possibly give me a page number for where it was being discussed?

I don't have the page number. It is simply head to head match up. If we all lose two games and there is a three way tie, the Aggies have the head to head match up against both teams.  

Just now, DAG said:

I don't have the page number. It is simply head to head match up. If we all lose two games and there is a three way tie, the Aggies have the head to head match up against both teams.  

Oh, duh. I'm an idiot. Okay thanks.

6 hours ago, AUwent said:

Oh how I wish we could replace Bobo with Matt Luke. ButweneedDrew

DA FUQ?! You got to be fookin kidding me. A OL Coach who has never called a play in his life? No wonder yore takes are so terrible. This really helps explains a lot....