Tough loss

bigbird

45 minutes ago, 19812003 said:

Starting to get a little worried about this staffs recruiting.

I’m starting to get a little worried as well. There are still several opportunities for us to get good players, but we keep hearing that people are going to flip from other teams to us and it just has not happened yet. We need help on offense badly. 

12 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

It's a catch-22. You want better players, then you need to win football games.

First seasons like what Gus had are extremely rare though. The idea when we hired Harsin was to gradually build a strong program.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

We scored 3 points in the last 2 quarters against a bad Ole Miss defense.    Today, we score 3 in 4 quarters.   6 quarter's without a touchdown.

When you can’t run and you can’t catch, you are not going to score.

58 minutes ago, 19812003 said:

Starting to get a little worried about this staffs recruiting. Really like Harain overall but it’s Way too late in year 2 for us to be ranked 13th in the sec. you can’t compete (with uga, bama at least) if you are ranked 13th in the country ... The talent gap between us and the top of the sec is pretty glaring IMO 

He’s been hear less than one year...Way to early to start worrying 

15 minutes ago, AUwent said:

First seasons like what Gus had are extremely rare though.

Absolutely, considering we had two miracle plays at the end of his first year. I will always remember those plays forever, but we were very very lucky. I mean those plays were once in a lifetime plays. 

Edited by gr82b4au

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Don’t forget throw. Can’t throw it either. 

Yep. Bo was terrible. And when he finally did throw a good pass nobody caught it.

Oline played to their capabilities but if you can’t run and you can’t pass then you aren’t going to win.  The difference today was 3 years of Jimbo amassing a ton of talent in the trenches.  Auburn didn’t have the horses to run with them for 4 quarters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Recruit, recruit, and recruit some more.  

We just had a huge recruiting weekend and suddenly our recruiting goes into a tailspin.

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Hate losing to Jimbo. Beat bama

This...hurts so much more because it's him..when u think we have something going we lose to him. Sound familiar?

1 hour ago, AUStew87 said:

I just want to say that in my opinion the answer to our QB woes isn’t on the team yet or at the very least hasn’t been given a chance to play a down. I also don’t think the answer to the oline and WR problems are currently on the roster. Harsin needs time to rebuild this team. 

Totally agree. But the rebuilding needs to begin. I don’t blame him for what he has inherited but I do hold him responsible for what he does to correct it. So far I haven’t seen any of the improvement. He should have already had that talk with Bo about his expectations and what was in store for Bo for another game like this. If he is truly working to make Auburn better then Bo will be setting at the start of the next game. If not then Harsin needs to be fired so AU can find a coach capable of making AU the winner that it should be. No more excuses. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AUwent said:

We just had a huge recruiting weekend and suddenly our recruiting goes into a tailspin.

You really think one win or loss changes a recruit's mind? Jeeez your naive

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AU57 said:

I never said that. What I'm saying is that we've been able to get recruits on campus for games now. By all accounts our recruiting should be moving forward.

Edited by AUwent

43 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Going into the season I think most of us thought that UGa, bama and TAMU had better rosters and were ahead of us. That has turned out to be the case so there is no surprise there. We have shown we are ahead or on par with the rest of the SEC and that is somewhat of a surprise. On the TAMU game, it was there for the taking but we couldn't make the plays. The defense held the TAMU offense to 4 FGs, 0 TDs and that is a winning defense.

On a side note, I thought our pass distribution in the TAMU game was revealing. 

RBs- 10 (Worm 6, Tank 4)

TEs- 5 (Shenker 4, Deal 1)

WRs- 5 (Jackson 2, Robertson 1, Hudson 1, Capers 1)

Very good point. The WR corp is so weak. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

But that makes sense.

Not sure why your complaining

So exactly how many games do we need to win before we can start recruiting well?    This thought process actually makes no sense.  If this were the case then no team could ever pull themselves out of mediocrity enough to change the culture.   Recruiters recruit.   Regardless.     I like Harsin and his approach but if he and his staff can’t recruit ahead of success on the field, his arse won’t be around long.  Period.   It’s not chicken and egg…you have to convince some chickens to come on faith.   Sell the vision.   Collect the eggs after. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

So exactly how many games do we need to win before we can start recruiting well?    This thought process actually makes no sense.  If this were the case then no team could ever pull themselves out of mediocrity enough to change the culture.   Recruiters recruit.   Regardless.     I like Harsin and his approach but if he and his staff can’t recruit ahead of success on the field, his arse won’t be around long.  Period.   It’s not chicken and egg…you have to convince some chickens to come on faith.   Sell the vision.   Collect the eggs after. 

OH MY GOD, THANK YOU!

Edited by AUwent

3 minutes ago, AU57 said:

I think you would be surprised what a game like today can do to destroy recruiting. Remember recruits talk to other coaches that will highlight all of AUs mistakes. Also they will highlight how good players don’t get a fair s*** at playing when the starters are from AU families. Again folks please check out MW who was pushed out of a fair chance at AU and went to a small school and nay very well be in the top two QBs in this years draft. That info would be drastic if feed to a great recruit considering AU. They aren’t afraid of fair competition but as we see AU doesn’t always have fair competition .🤔

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Our huge recruiting weekend was Georgia. Last weekend we only had three official visitors. Over the last week we unfortunately have lost momentum with a few players that we hoped/thought we were going to get. Fortunately there is still time. 

8 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Again folks please check out MW who was pushed out of a fair chance at AU and went to a small school and nay very well be in the top two QBs in this years draft. That info would be drastic if feed to a great recruit considering AU.

Well considering that coach is gone (thankfully), it won’t have too much of an effect. What is having an effect is the fact that some of these coaches just do not know how to recruit the southeast yet. 
But Bobo and friend should be lights out at recruiting. They should win several battles and if not it will be very disappointing. 

7 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Our huge recruiting weekend was Georgia. Last weekend we only had three official visitors. Over the last week we unfortunately have lost momentum with a few players that we hoped/thought we were going to get. Fortunately there is still time. 

Yeah, that's what I said. There is no excuse for our recruiting to be this bad.

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well considering that coach is gone (thankfully), it won’t have too much of an effect. What is having an effect is the fact that some of these coaches just do not know how to recruit the southeast yet. 
But Bobo and friend should be lights out at recruiting. They should win several battles and if not it will be very disappointing. 

The coach is gone but not the habit. It doesn’t matter which coach it is we need to be playing the best at school position and that hasn’t happened in a while. Time to start it now. 

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

What terrifies me is if our recruiting doesn't pick up and we inevitably have to make a change, will we be able to get a decent coach to come here with such a depleted roster?