Tough loss

bigbird

4 hours ago, keesler said:

Why though?  We have an SEC seasoned OC and an offensive HC.  They see a hell of a lot more than any of us fans,  why would they not make adjustments?

Maybe we dont have the personal, O line, WR or QB ? Who knows but them?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Never2Yield said:

Not in disagreement. I was just replying to an earlier post. Winning does help, but yes it starts before you take the field. Yes, we must be able to recruit and then coach up that talent.

No disrespect intended.  It’s just been mentioned many times what effect winning this game or that game will have on recruiting.  We probably will win at least 8 games this year which is enough to demonstrate competency.  AU has won them all several times and it never really resulted in elite recruiting results. It’s more about projecting a vision for players success in college and the pros.  Players want to see a plan mapped out for them.   The only way to tell if this staff is any good at that will be by the caliber of player we begin the sign. 

• Like 2

We need to take this for what it is. It’s not the end of the world, and the staff doesn’t need to be fired. We won 6 games last year under a coach that didn’t care to recruit properly. We have a brand new staff with practically the same players. Our record is going to be better than last year by the time the season ends, and our team has looked dramatically improved over last year. With the exception of yesterday, we look coached. We look prepared. We look competent. We look like a decent football team that I can be proud of. This is the first year guys. Obviously we want to win a championship every year, but it’s rather silly to think it would happen this year. Let’s win our next two games and maybe we can beat Bama. War Eagle

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheDob06 said:

I'm going to be in the minority here, but I'll give this staff a pass on recruiting rankings for this year. We just need guys who can play and that doesn't always show up in the rankings. I think most would agree that Hunter and Bigsby are pretty similar in terms of talent, but one is a 5 star and the other a 3.

The previous staff seemed to do well recruiting based on rankings (and definitely not for position need), but here we are saying we need players. NFL is full of dudes overlooked in recruiting. We just need some quality guys that this staff sees potential in. Let's start there and see where we get in a year or two.

Well said.

14 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Defense played really well today.

Offense had too many missed opportunities in the 1st half. Bo overthrowing Ja'Varrius and not taking advantage of great field position twice. 

I said in the game thread that it was obvious that Elko's plan was to squat on the quick passes outside the hashes and surely that caused some of those low throws by Bo. We never once took advantage of the way they were playing against our WRs. We shouldn't continue to ignore the middle of the field in the passing game for long stretches. 

All the momentum changed after Anders missed the FG. Bo and the offense crumpled under the pressure in the 2nd half. There's no way around that. 

The loss was on Bo and the Wr's.  Poor play all way around.  And I really am nervous of Bo's attitude.  

For all their poor athletic ability, the OL actually played pretty well considering who they were playing.  None of the guys on the OL should be playing on this level, but Friend has really done an amazing job.

It will be exciting once this team has some real offensive talent.

14 hours ago, AUwent said:

Finishing 34th and next to last in the SEC will not cut it, I don't acre what the circumstances are. Need to take advantage of the last two home games we have.

We aren't going to finish 34th or last in the SEC. We'll be right around where Fisher was with his 1st class, in the teens

12 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agreed. Has Bo really improved so much? He had a stretch of a couple of games where he was serviceable, but I will not say he’s improved that much. It’s been a few years now and I hate to point out the obvious, but he is a middle of the road QB. With that being said, the O game plan was pathetic. This is solely on the offense. It’s reminds me of why everyone around me wanted Bobo gone during his tenure under Richt. We can still go 9-3 but it won’t be easy by any stretch. 

It was more than enough blame to go around. I hate to name players BUT Bo, Shed, and Hudson had horrible games! Robertson was non existent most of the game. Just a BAD overall performance on O. Need to hit the portal hard for WRs and OL

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

It was more than enough blame to go around. I hate to name players BUT Bo, Shed, and Hudson had horrible games! Robertson was non existent most of the game. Just a BAD overall performance on O. Need to hit the portal hard for WRs and OL

Robertson is not a bad player, but he's not a go to guy either. We don't have a go to guy in the WR corp. All are role players. And to be honest, there's not anyone on O yesterday that I would single out as having a good game.

Edited by boisnumber1

2 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Robertson is not a bad player, but he's not a go to guy either. We don't have a go to guy in the WR corp. All are role players. And to be honest, there's not anyone on O yesterday that I would single out as having a good game.

Tank and Worm played hard. I liked what I saw out of Deal & Shenker(when given the opportunity.) Totally agree that no one on O was great!

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

We aren't going to finish 34th or last in the SEC. We'll be right around where Fisher was with his 1st class, in the teens

His first full class (2019) finished 4th. But for THIS class, late teens is a success--I can understand that having to deal with the restrictions set us back a year.

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

His first full class (2019) finished 4th. But for THIS class, late teens is a success--I can understand that having to deal with the restrictions set us back a year.

This is Harsin's first class.  He was hired last year after 80% of SEC players singed their NLI in mid December.

I don't know why people try to make this so hard. It's the same thing thathas been happening for the last few years. We started off knowing the wr's would be inexperienced group, we know the d line would be an inexperienced group.....but we play ok as a team and now people start hyping.

We beat LSU and it turns out they suck, we looked so bad when we were down early in the season we get excited when we get better as we get experienced. We beat a couple of average teams and we have a heisman QB again. The coaches are coaching up everybody, we are a playoff team.....

The hype wasn't real we find out where we are at and everybody is so disappointed now they are saying we are worse than what we are because of the disappointment of unreasonable expectations.

We are a tier 2 football team in the conference. Period. We don't have too many great difference making players. We have two maybe 3 on defense. If you take away the hype and the disappointments we are actually exactly what we knew before the season started.

This board does this to themselves, the EXACT thing we would do with Gus teams. 

We aren't as talented as uga and bammer. We're more talented than the ole miss, and arkys.....no shame in either one

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We don't have too many great difference making players. We have two maybe 3 on defense.

Yesterday showed we really only have 1 on offense - Tank.

3 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

We need to take this for what it is. It’s not the end of the world, and the staff doesn’t need to be fired. We won 6 games last year under a coach that didn’t care to recruit properly. We have a brand new staff with practically the same players. Our record is going to be better than last year by the time the season ends, and our team has looked dramatically improved over last year. With the exception of yesterday, we look coached. We look prepared. We look competent. We look like a decent football team that I can be proud of. This is the first year guys. Obviously we want to win a championship every year, but it’s rather silly to think it would happen this year. Let’s win our next two games and maybe we can beat Bama. War Eagle

We played only SEC teams last year. Take out this years 3 cupcakes and we are looking at basically the same type record. Is that improvement? Maybe. Maybe not.

25 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

We played only SEC teams last year. Take out this years 3 cupcakes and we are looking at basically the same type record. Is that improvement? Maybe. Maybe not.

Even so, how we are playing is the difference. There’s the improvement 

Edited by Potatooooooes!!

9 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Maybe we dont have the personal, O line, WR or QB ? Who knows but them?

Outside of the RB and TE position, we don't.  Our offensive personnel was handled very poorly by the last staff for at least the past six years.

Be thankful that Steele did a decent job of recruiting, because Gus did not

• Thanks 2