Tough loss

bigbird

Dang Corso! Oh, well.  I was just hoping we were good enough to meet UGA in the SEC championship again.  But let’s refocus, and win next week.  It sometimes sucks being an Auburn fan. 😩

• Like 2

Defense came ready to win.   Thought that it would come down to Bo and it did.   The offense doesn’t have the luxury of missing opportunities when they present themselves.   The overthrow in the first half was in my opinion the game.   It seems when he hits a big throw early, he plays solid the rest of the game.   When he misses, it seems that it gets in his head and he can’t get away from it.  Thought this was a game that Finley should have taken a series or two to see how he could have done.   

• Like 7

I hate losing period. All of them are tough. Never thought we'd be kept out of the endzone today. Bo lost composure. Defense stayed with it as long as they could. I'm not calling for Bo to be benched but a series on the bench might have helped, it did before. Once he fumbled the game was over. Sit him a series and hit the reset button. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We scored 3 points in the last 2 quarters against a bad Ole Miss defense.    Today, we score 3 in 4 quarters.   6 quarter's without a touchdown.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

After that talk some folks told Coach Dye “we are a year away”………he disagreed. I remember how the year played out….not that disappointed in what I saw today. Think we are going to enjoy a few nights at JHS this season.

• Like 3

WR can’t catch, we can’t run the ball, and over time Bo loses his composure. Once that happens we are done. 
We need OL, WRs, and a QB that does not lose his mind when things start to go bad. 

I think we have overachieved this year. We need to beat South Carolina. Hopefully beat MSU. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

The offense making some destructive mistakes, coupled with a strong TAMU defense, lead to a nasty @$$ beating.

16 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I was just hoping we were good enough to meet UGA in the SEC championship again

Still can. Have to win out and hope aTm loses but there's a way

• Like 1

On the bright side, Tank is on pace to reach 1,000. Gonna need him back next year (just scarred by Dyer, sorry).

Also Miss St lost a heartbreaker to the Pigs.

Edited by AUwent

Defense played well enough to win. 12 points and no touchdowns wins almost every time in 2021 college football. 

The whole offense was bad today but bad Bo reared his ugly head in a terrible way. Putting the ball on the deck two plays in a row in a 7pt game is unforgivable. The he goes over and pouts on the sideline after he was riding everyone else's ass for the first two thirds of the game. I get he's probably our best option at quarterback and our staff has been on campus for less than a year. But I'm not sure these issues can ever truly be fixed. He will always revert to this when things are going poorly. 

• Like 7

Paging Mr. Clemons...

Please. You can start immediately. You don't have to go to Oregon.

But seriously, I knew A&M could beat us, but I wasn't expecting. You can't make me respect Jimbo Fisher and let's not pretend like we didn't lose to a team whose QB was completing a 1/3 of his attempts. Our offense has totally collapsed over the last 6 quarters. I am baffled... Bo Nix was trying to go Super Saiyan and making mistakes in doing so. Run blocking was poor, pass protection was even worse. The dropsies came back, and the game plan outside of a few deep shots looked like we were content to dink-and-dunk.

I'm disappointed. I do think we're ahead of schedule on the Harsin rebuild, but I had really hoped that given the talent Gus left us we would be in a little better shape by this point in the season.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, DAG said:

It happens. People bought in to the hype of us being in the playoffs. We will regroup and prepare against a salty Mississippi State team. The Aggies came out and did what they had to do. Defense played their hearts out. 

Logic right here folks . Take the loss and move the hell on boys . 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

We scored 3 points in the last 2 quarters against a bad Ole Miss defense.    Today, we score 3 in 4 quarters.   6 quarter's without a touchdown.

That is concerning.

I just want to say that in my opinion the answer to our QB woes isn’t on the team yet or at the very least hasn’t been given a chance to play a down. I also don’t think the answer to the oline and WR problems are currently on the roster. Harsin needs time to rebuild this team. 

• Like 5

Just now, gr82b4au said:

We need to recruit better. 

Agreed, because if not it'll only get worse.

• Like 2