Bad Nix strikes again

pensacolatiger

2 hours ago, CCTAU said:

And he also hit others right in the hands that would have moved the chains. It’s all relative. 

Bo is not THE problem. He is one of many problems. 
We do not have a Cam that can carry a team. If the offense as a whole is not clicking, Bo can’t carry AU. Anyone with half a football brain already knew that. Today, the whole offense choked. Couple that with Bobo’s brain farts, and you get what we saw. 
But again, for some of you, if we can just get rid of Bo, we’ll  magically be a top ten team…

Let’s be partly logical here. As good as Cam was that 1!!!! Year, he will never be mistaken for a great QB. With that being said, Nix just is not the QB that Harsin envisions running this O. I thought we would lose this game, but I didn’t think it would be because of the O. Theres a lot of work to do just to get to 8 wins this year. Nobody will touch UGA. My opinion only. I really would like to see another guy under center next year and no Finley is def not the answer. 

• Like 2

All I know is when Bo came out throwing it was a wrap and he end up throwing over 30 times in which that occurred. Having Bo throw that much is just a turnover waiting to happen . U have to play to ur personnel strengths with some creativity. Everything doesn’t have to be perfect for a QB but u do need playmakers at wide receiver. U can’t have the QB off and the receivers off. Sometimes u just need someone else o make a play and neither the QB or Receivers did that. 
Some said Seth had a bad attitude but his ability to make a play was unreal. 

Edited by e808

I think Bo should have been benched in the 4Q. It wasn´t all Bo´s fault. Our receivers can´t get separation. They drop balls. And Bo was missing easy throws. Our offense was just totally out of rhythm. But, like Harsin said when he benched him before, sometimes you just have to make a change to see if you can get something going on offense.

Bo shows flashes of brilliance and he plays his heart out. But he is the most inconsistent QB I can recall at Auburn.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Let’s be partly logical here. As good as Cam was that 1!!!! Year, he will never be mistaken for a great QB. With that being said, Nix just is not the QB that Harsin envisions running this O. I thought we would lose this game, but I didn’t think it would be because of the O. Theres a lot of work to do just to get to 8 wins this year. Nobody will touch UGA. My opinion only. I really would like to see another guy under center next year and no Finley is def not the answer. 

I may be mistaken, but I think I just read that Cam will never be mistaken for a great QB. The same Cam that is a top 10 college football player ever. The same Cam that won the Heisman and NFL MVP. The same Cam that has played for a Natty and Super Bowl.

The internet is a wild place. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I may be mistaken, but I think I just read that Cam will never be mistaken for a great QB. The same Cam that is a top 10 college football player ever. The same Cam that won the Heisman and NFL MVP. The same Cam that has played for a Natty and Super Bowl.

The internet is a wild place. 

It sure is.   A person can do all of that and still not be great.   Did he and the team have a great year? Sure did!   But I would agree that he is not a great QB.   I reserve great to the really really good ones.   Brady, Rodgers, Archie Manning to name some of the great ones.  

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 3

4 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I reserve great to the really really good ones.   Brady, Rodgers, Archie Manning to name some of the great ones.  

Newton has better numbers than Archie Manning. He took a mediocre team to a super bowl 5 years after perhaps the most dominant season a player has ever had in college football. He may not be NFL HOF material, but saying he isn't "great" is just a strange definition of the word. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

It sure is.   A person can do all of that and still not be great.   Did he and the team have a great year? Sure did!   But I would agree that he is not a great QB.   I reserve great to the really really good ones.   Brady, Rodgers, Archie Manning to name some of the great ones.  

Archie Manning 😂😂😂😂 You are getting NFL and college mixed up. Rodgers nor Brady was better than cam in college. As far as college football goes if cam wasn't great then a great QB doesn't exist

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think we should stop trying to do all the hype and I told you so Bo posts....for 3 years now they haven't ended well. Sooner or later lessons should be learned. 

Ironic that the D played well. 

12 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Why are you so sensitive about someone commenting on your your comments?  Don't get me wrong: I can see people here enjoying reading your copied articles from Al.com.  I've sometimes enjoyed reading them for the second time in your posts.

Again, the poster you dissed misspelled Harsin's name because the "s" and "d" keys are so close together.  Your criticism of him was uncalled for.  That's why I reacted the way I did.

you had to throw up al.com. i spend thirty of forty minutes for people hopefully can just come to the board and get all the info they need. i am not great at it but i do because no one else does. but when people take shots about that is comes off as ungrateful. and here is the thing. you jumped me for being an a**hole so you decided to be one. do you understand? you put on the shoes you claimed i was wearing. so you gave me crap for doing something you did. now i am not mad and left before i did. i am moving on and no i do not consider you my enemy.

5 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Every game that Bo starts is a delay for this team to install a real offense.  Even if TJ is not the answer, the team would make progress in the system until the next qb takes over.  

TJ behind this OL would be grossly negligent. I don’t want him to end up in the ER. The coaching staff should not force Bo into a system. We know it doesn’t work, just let him improvise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Let’s be partly logical here. As good as Cam was that 1!!!! Year, he will never be mistaken for a great QB. 

Dude, we think exactly the same.

I remember when Cam blew past and took Patrick Peterson to the end zone on that like 50 yard run. And then hitting that long ass pass in the SEC championship near half time with a defender draped around him. Along with tons of other moments.

Each time I jumped up from my couch and yelled; "This man is not a great QB, .... but he's aiight though.'

I can't wait till we get another somewhat above average QB like Cam.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, cbo said:

The O line isn't great, but they are not as bad as some like to believe. 

Maybe not, but it is the worst O-line I can remember. 

1) Maybe average in pass blocking against 3 or 4 d-line rushers.

2) No chance of picking a blitz of more than 1 player.

3) Run blocking is atrocious vs. P5 caliber decent defenses.

Next year will be rough unless the transfer portal is our genie in a bottle. I'd prefer none of these current guys use their Covid year to return. We need to feel the growing pains next year and gets some linemen playing time to develop for the future. (I don't want it right now, I want it done right.)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, muxi87 said:

He may bring us back, I won’t cut it off or give up.  But I’m sick of the same crap from him 3 years in.  There’s no excuse for this to be the best QB we can trot out there.

The QB position is just like most of the other positions on this team pointed out by Cole and McElroy. There is no one better behind him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Brady is the best ever. I'll give you Rodgers, but Archie? C'mon man. 

Cam in his prime could do things that nobody could. His skill set is uniquely unrivaled by anyone in all of football. 

He's a future college and NFL hall of famer, I'd say he's a great quarterback.

You're entitled to your opinion, but it's definitely an odd one or you're a bammer. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AUreo said:

TJ behind this OL would be grossly negligent. I don’t want him to end up in the ER. The coaching staff should not force Bo into a system. We know it doesn’t work, just let him improvise.

You can’t improvise against high quality teams . UGA and Texas A&M took that away. Bama will do the same. Unless you are a heisman caliber QB, it won’t work in your favor.

12 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Dude, we think exactly the same.

I remember when Cam blew past and took Patrick Peterson to the end zone on that like 50 yard run. And then hitting that long ass pass in the SEC championship near half time with a defender draped around him. Along with tons of other moments.

Each time I jumped up from my couch and yelled; "This man is not a great QB, .... but he's aiight though.'

I can't wait till we get another somewhat above average QB like Cam.

076f7e185a129c9d4a656f66de8fd05a.gif

• Like 1

It's really not that bad.....if we stop the obviously wrong hype it really wouldn't be that bad.

I'm not saying the we could beat this team hope but the making people NFL prospects and making routine catches and throws as proof as to how awesome we are......

This loss sucked, we can't really be THAT surprised though can we? The only group I've been certain we have talent is our running backs. We're building stuff up. We had a little set back and it sucks but it's not the end of the world.....

That's another reason I didn't agree with the wr coach fire.....people really believe that's how it supposed to work. We literally have posts about firing somebody after every loss. Actually sometimes after wins. That's so dumb. Give the coaches a freaking chance. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Maybe not, but it is the worst O-line I can remember. 

1) Maybe average in pass blocking against 3 or 4 d-line rushers.

2) No chance of picking a blitz of more than 1 player.

3) Run blocking is atrocious vs. P5 caliber decent defenses.

Next year will be rough unless the transfer portal is our genie in a bottle. I'd prefer none of these current guys use their Covid year to return. We need to feel the growing pains next year and gets some linemen playing time to develop for the future. (I don't want it right now, I want it done right.)

This pretty much sums it up here:

Wide Receivers: F

Nix has done a good job spreading the ball around recently and getting different receivers involved. 

Just four wide receivers got involved on Saturday and they combined for five catches and 32 yards.

The group couldn't get any separation and the drop issue returned. 

That is inexcusably bad. 

Offensive Line: F

And back-to-back 'F' grades for Auburn. The Auburn offensive line was getting eaten alive by Texas A&M.

The Aggies had six tackles for loss, four sacks and five quarterback hurries.

Auburn was rotating different guys in the guard spots and switching things up at tackle a little bit but nothing was working.

The run blocking was bad and the pass pro was worse.

Can’t imagine how bad the O would be without our quality RB’s (that can’t pick up a blitz) and tight ends (that aren’t left in pass protection on second and third and long to pick up a blitz) 

Possibly the thought process is, we need the TE’s around the first down marker, because the receivers can’t fight to get open and may drop the ball? But when the O line is getting an F grade on the road, in the SEC something else to be done, adjustments have to be made, and they were not made!

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 12:32 AM, Old fan 47 said:

As good as Cam was that 1!!!! Year, he will never be mistaken for a great QB

This is probably the worst comment I've ever read on a message board in my lifetime 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope TJ gets the start Saturday. We all know Bo’s strengths and flaws. But the unforced errors from a third year starter are unacceptable. He put the ball on the ground two plays in a row Saturday and the second time was a death nail. He also fumbled last week but it went out of bounds fortunately. We are now 6 quarters without a touchdown. We have a great shot to finish with at least 8 wins and a bowl game could make it 9, but we’re not going to do it with turnovers. Let’s see what Finley can do running this offense for four quarters. 

Edited by Gowebb11

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

This loss sucked, we can't really be THAT surprised though can we? The only group I've been certain we have talent is our running backs. We're building stuff up.

Yeah, it's really evident against better teams like UGA and Aggies. I think the coaching job was pretty bad on offense, but no one besides Tank looked good. 

Tank is probably the only player that has a clear NFL future and he's probably a mid round pick, at best right now.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AUreo said:

TJ behind this OL would be grossly negligent. .

I think this talking point is a little over stated. He's no where near as elusive as Bo, but it's not like Bo regular makes plays when he's flushed outside the pocket.