Bad Nix strikes again

pensacolatiger

47 minutes ago, cbo said:

If everything has to be perfect for the QB to not be terrible, you've got the wrong QB. 

There is a big difference between perfect and adequate. We haven’t consistently seen even adequate in a long time. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, CCTAU said:

There is a big difference between perfect and adequate. We haven’t consistently seen even adequate in a long time. 

We were good at WR last year. The O line isn't great, but they are not as bad as some like to believe. 

1 minute ago, cbo said:

We were good at WR last year. The O line isn't great, but they are not as bad as some like to believe. 

And yet we still had a good bit of drops.

And the OL got abused today. But hey, that damn Bo…

Edited by CCTAU

Just now, CCTAU said:

And yet we still had a good bit of drops.

Don't remember a lot of drops last season, but what's the common denominator?

Just now, cbo said:

Don't remember a lot of drops last season, but what's the common denominator?

The ball hitting their hands?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CCTAU said:

The ball hitting their hands?

I'll admit, that was a very good response. Nice job. 

But the QB throwing catchable passes matters. No college WR corp is going to catch everything that touches their hands.

Still today, 3 years in, Bo was rocketing short passes to the RBs. Or they had to jump to catch it. Or he overthrew them entirely. Just a few examples. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cbo said:

But the QB throwing catchable passes matters. No college WR corp is going to catch everything that touches their hands.

Still today, 3 years in, Bo was rocketing short passes to the RBs. Or they had to jump to catch it. Or he overthrew them entirely. Just a few examples. 

And he also hit others right in the hands that would have moved the chains. It’s all relative. 

Bo is not THE problem. He is one of many problems. 
We do not have a Cam that can carry a team. If the offense as a whole is not clicking, Bo can’t carry AU. Anyone with half a football brain already knew that. Today, the whole offense choked. Couple that with Bobo’s brain farts, and you get what we saw. 
But again, for some of you, if we can just get rid of Bo, we’ll  magically be a top ten team…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

Lot of balls in the dirt too. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

And he also hit others right in the hands that would have moved the chains. It’s all relative. 

We do not have a Cam that can carry a team. If the offense as a whole is not clicking, Bo can’t carry AU. Anyone with half a football brain already knew that. Today, the whole offense choked. Couple that with Bobo’s brain farts, and you get what we saw. 
But again, for some of you, if we can just get rid of Bo, we’ll  magically be a top ten team…

I don't think anyone is saying Bo is the only problem. The RBs missed cuts, the Oline didn't hold up, and the WRs were putrid. 

But QB is the most important position on the team. We have almost 3 years that show when Bo is bad, we lose. And there have been several games where he was the biggest problem. 

Maybe you misread or maybe I miscommunicated. Either way, I enjoyed the debate and hope you did too. 

18 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

I hope no ones that delusional. The entire offense outside of running backs and tight ends needs to be overhauled. New lineman, new receivers, and probably a new QB. It's a collective problem. Can't just change line and receivers but no QB. Complete overhaul 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bo is too emotionally immature. That dart to shivers just 7 yards down the field was all i needed to see.  the farther the game slips away the more he plays with emotion and the less catchable / accurate he throws the ball.   

Edited by auskip07
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Bo is too emotionally immature. That dart to shivers just 7 yards down the field was all i needed to see.  the farther the game slips away the more he plays with emotion and the less catchable / accurate he throws the ball.   

If we are remembering the same play, that dart was a last second pull from going long to dropping it off. When you do that, there’s no touch. However, he does out a bit too much in it at times. But as my old coach told me, it’s his job to get it to me. It’s my job to catch it. 

17 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Yep. Look at Harsin's demeanor on the sideline. Exactly what a leader should be like. Not surprised he was a QB. He is very calm and rather stoic, but he will get pissed and get on guys when needed. A good leader and QB needs to remain calm and in the moment when things are going poorly. Gus had a tendency to pick his nose and collapse in his hands, and the team responded off that energy poorly.

Harsin's demeanor is a reason this team has been better in tight situations this year imo. Bo needs to calm down big time and take on that demeanor, or Harsin should turn it over to someone who can. It's simply not a recipe for success when your QB, the leader, is playing out of control emotionally and panicking. How is the rest of the offense supposed to stay in the moment when the leader can't compose himself?

• Like 3

Just now, CCTAU said:

If we are remembering the same play, that dart was a last second pull from going long to dropping it off. When you do that, there’s no touch. However, he does out a bit too much in it at times. But as my old coach told me, it’s his job to get it to me. It’s my job to catch it. 

Other throws short and a number of throws too high.   You do notice this gets worse depending on the score. 

54 minutes ago, cbo said:

Or he threw them 2 inches off the ground. 

1 hour ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Good qb deals with the adversity and overcomes. Nix just kinda crumbles unless all goes right.

There definitely was issues w Bo and also getting the offense in sync. 

did u notice those couple of times Bo had to call a TO and went over and was chewing on someone on the sideline. And Harsin was livid too and going all serious on the headphones. 

we do know that when Bo gets frustrated he gets worse. His play never improved. 
and I don’t want to hear about the offensive game plan. 
they tried different things but their D took away some of what we like to do like Bo’s options running and throws to WRs. Not having time to throw deep enough, corners were sitting down on our receivers. Bo was high, low, overthrowing, throwing too hard even on check downs. 

simply Bo needed to up his play and didn’t have it. 

10 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

There definitely was issues w Bo and also getting the offense in sync. 

did u notice those couple of times Bo had to call a TO and went over and was chewing on someone on the sideline. And Harsin was livid too and going all serious on the headphones. 

we do know that when Bo gets frustrated he gets worse. His play never improved. 
and I don’t want to hear about the offensive game plan. 
they tried different things but their D took away some of what we like to do like Bo’s options running and throws to WRs. Not having time to throw deep enough, corners were sitting down on our receivers. Bo was high, low, overthrowing, throwing too hard even on check downs. 

simply Bo needed to up his play and didn’t have it. 

Yeah, it’s kind of ironic that Bo chewed out teammates, but he was the player in the end who made the most critical and crucial mistakes. Wonder if he’s as hard on himself as he is on his teammates. And I’ve never really seen him take ownership over his issues. To be fair, though, he’s always been like that. It’s part of his game that I don’t like. He seems a little petulant. Last year at Carolina, I’ll never forget him jawing our players and the refs. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger

Just trying to deal with Bo and his lack of skills.  I'll melt if he is still on our team next year and starting.   He is a slot WR at best.  

Edited by AUCE05

8 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Yeah, it’s kind of ironic that Bo chewed out teammates, but he was the player in the end who made the most critical and crucial mistakes. Wonder if he’s as hard on himself as he is on his teammates. And I’ve never really seen him take ownership over his issues. To be fair, though, he’s always been like that. It’s part of his game that I don’t like. He seems a little petulant. Last year at Carolina, I’ll never forget him jawing our players and the refs. 

You could tell Danileson being an ex QB was not impressed w Bo’s play today. 
I think he even said which Bo was out there? 

Bo rarely hit his WRs in stride. He should have had an INT when he rifled a high pass behind Tank but luckily he got a hand on it. 

Bo just seemed too amped and skiddish and trying to force things. 

but I agree he helped us get some wins lately and u don’t dump him bc he’s off. 
now if he struggles again against Stste I believe Harsin will pull him again. 

It is obvious to me that it doesn't take long into the game before you realize that Bo is either going to be very good (see Arky & Ole Miss games) or very bad (Today).

I'm not for benching a player on a short leash. But, but, but. The team has got to come first and if Bad Bo shows up early like he did today, BH may as well pull him and put TJF in there bc it's definitely going to be a loss with Bo.

4 hours ago, ToomersRevenge said:

I said Harsin won’t win an NC at Auburn and I’ll stick by it. He’s free to prove me wrong.

Do you live In Nutsburg? You don't know what Harsin will do. I asked you before how old you were, and you never answered that question. 

30 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Do you live In Nutsburg? You don't know what Harsin will do. I asked you before how old you were, and you never answered that question. 

I did answer the question, which you weirdly seem to be stuck on.