Bad Nix strikes again

pensacolatiger

I don't like how this game is going either but all signs pointed to us losing. A&M playing as good as anyone in the country. If this holds, on to the Cowbells.

Edited by AUwent

How dare you only blame Bo!!! That's the responses you're about to get, but you're not wrong. It falls on everyone. Coaches, Bo, RB's, receivers, line, even TE's. I believe Harsin will be looking for ways to upgrade our personnel this offseason. If the right QB pops in the portal, I won't be surprised if he pursues. Worst case, depth can't hurt

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

It’s on Hardin too though, if you’ve got 3 pts in the 4th qtr and your qb is putting the ball on the ground, why is he still playing?

Because TJ Finley is his backup. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

This isn’t totally on Nix. A&M’s DL and DBs are dominating our guys. 

Our 3rd year starting QB is 16/31
4.1 yards per pass
Two fumbles, one lost and returned for the only TD of the game 

• Like 3

Just now, muxi87 said:

4.1 yards per pass

The fumbles are bad. On most plays he has absolutely no one open. 

2 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

The fumbles are bad. On most plays he has absolutely no one open. 

I don’t get why anyone can continue to give QB1 excuses.  This is reality: Bo doesn’t complete passes as a rate that a top flight SEC QB1 needs to.  Period.  Whatever the excuse of the week is this week, the resounding fact is he doesn’t get the job done.

• Facepalm 1
  • Angry 1

Just now, muxi87 said:

I don’t get why anyone can continue to give QB1 excuses.  This is reality: Bo doesn’t complete passes as a rate that a top flight SEC QB1 needs to.  Period.  Whatever the excuse of the week is this week, the resounding fact is he doesn’t get the job done.

He may bring us back, I won’t cut it off or give up.  But I’m sick of the same crap from him 3 years in.  There’s no excuse for this to be the best QB we can trot out there.

I’m not saying he’s a transcendent player at QB - I’m saying our situations at OL and WR are far worse. (And at this rate, unlikely to be much better next season.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

He's improved and deserves credit for that work. Question is can he take the next step and play competently against Aggies, Bama, and UGA. We have got to figure out how to stretch the field against these teams

Bo has no weapons. Nobody seems to care receivers running wrong routes and dropping balls, etc. This offense is generally just not good enough to compete vs UGA, TAMU, Penn State, etc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Because TJ Finley is his backup. 

You mean the guy that Harsin aggressively recruited. Please. The very fact that Bo Nix was allowed to stay in this game past the 3rd quarter is coaching malfeasance 

• Like 2

I honestly think Bo needs a shrink.  It’s all in his head.  His adrenaline gets going and he can’t settle down.  Plus, don’t call that throw out to the sideline anymore.  Bo can’t throw that to save his life.  

• Like 1

Just now, Sizzle said:

Their defense scored more points than our offense did 

That says it all. :(

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, muxi87 said:

4.1 yards per pass

3 fumbles. He luckily got two of them back. 

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

Last week he was playing his best ball ever and the coaching staff made a great decision sticking with him. Now y'all are calling for change lol.

I mean...

He's *that* inconsistent. Can we agree?

Just now, looney said:

I mean...

He's *that* inconsistent. Can we agree?

I mean..he is as inconsistent as this fanbase. So reactive. He had a bad game today. He will bounce back next week and y'all will want to crown him. He is who he is. I have never thought he would play at the next level. I do believe if the others around him play quality, it gives him confidence and he plays better. I am definitely not yelling bench him. Texas A&M is a tough team, It sucks we loss, especially after the defense played so good. However, we got a fanbase who seems to be losing their minds. Again, I think I big reason is because they bought into this playoff hype. We had a tough stretch. We loss this game, we don't have to lose the season.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1