Harsin A&M Presser

WFE12

Quick Quotes: Bryan Harsin previews road challenge at Texas A&MByNATHAN KING

AUBURN, Alabama — For the third straight game, Bryan Harsin's Tigers are preparing for an important division matchup.

After beating then-No. 10 Ole Miss on Saturday, 31-20, Auburn heads to College Station this weekend, looking to improve to 5-0 at Kyle Field when it takes on Texas A&M (2:30 p.m. CST, CBS).

In case you missed our live updates from Harsin's Monday press conference, here are some quick notes.

• Auburn's players of the week from the Ole Miss game: Bo Nix (offense), Zakoby McClain (defense), Nick Brahms (offensive line), Colby Wooden (defensive line) and Ladarius Tennison (special teams).

• Harsin: "Coach (Jimbo) Fisher does a great job with his teams. They're always prepared. ... They're going to game-plan you."

• On Texas A&M QB Zach Calzada: "The guy can spin it. ... He does a good job leading their offense."

• Says Auburn's defense needs to play "at a fast pace" to keep the Aggies from creating explosive plays.

• "We did not play as clean a game on special teams as we wanted to (against Ole Miss). We were fortunate to win the game," Harsin said.

• On Auburn's 3 points in the second half against Ole Miss: "We controlled it a little bit but couldn't score when we needed to."

• Harsin says Auburn's 2-minute touchdown drive right before the half against Ole Miss was "one of the best I've seen" this year.

• Bo Nix is also improving "in the behind-the-scenes stuff nobody sees," Harsin said, which is "the most important thing."

• "Just pop on the film. If that doesn't have their attention, we're going to get beat," says Harsin, who has repeated that he's been impressed with what he's seen on tape from the Aggies.

• Harsin is asked for an update on edge rushers Caleb Johnson and Romello Height, who were not present Saturday: "I really don't right now. We'll see how this week goes, and the next few weeks."

• Harsin said Auburn "just sucked" at kick and punt returns against Ole Miss. "I don't think guys study special teams like they need to."

• Harsin said he doesn't think his coaches or players have focused on the return game in practice enough this season.

• Harsin on the video of him celebrating with the team in the locker room: "That's genuine excitement. ... It's a celebration of the Sunday all the way through that game."

• Harsin and offensive coordinator Mike Bobo's progression this season: "Having a veteran team as a play caller is always a positive."

• "They've gotten better. I don't know the exact percentage, but they've gotten better," Harsin said of Auburn's offensive line this season.

• Harsin on the locker-room celebrations: "It's an accumulation of the stuff we've done in practice."

• Harsin: "The buy-in comes from seeing the results of all the hard work."

• Harsin is asked about McClain and Wooden leading by example on the defense: "Zakoby does it every day."

Auburn safety Zion Puckett is "doing fine right now" after getting injured in a head-to-head collision with a teammate during the Ole Miss game.

• Punter Oscar Chapman is "ultra talented" and is "definitely a weapon" for Auburn this season, Harsin said.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Harsin said Auburn "just sucked" at kick and punt returns against Ole Miss. "I don't think guys study special teams like they need to."

Love having a coach that just lays it out like that. No sugar-coating it. :D

• Like 6

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Auburn safety Zion Puckett is "doing fine right now" after getting injured in a head-to-head collision with a teammate during the Ole Miss game.

fam-rose.gif

• Like 5

• Thanks 2

Has anyone posted notes from this? I don't have time to watch half an hour of a press conference.

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Has anyone posted notes from this? I don't have time to watch half an hour of a press conference.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Why are there two threads?

i looked but did not see one but i might have screwed up. i get on here with my first cup and sometimes before and that can be dangerous. if one needs to be deleted i have no problem at if it is mine.

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

The Office Reaction GIF by Cameo

momma-said-waterboy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7