Bo: 2022 & beyond!

AUreo

Technically, Bo has two more years of eligibility left. So it makes sense to think about what to expect from him in the future.

I think Bo compares to Jake Locker when he played at Washington. Both were similarly ranked HS QBs, Bo a 5-star QB and Jake a top 4-star QB. Jake was also highly talented but rough, relied a lot on his mobility and had a low completion rate (47%) in his R-Freshman year. He was PAC-12 Freshman of the year (Bo SEC Freshman of the year).

However, Jake really emerged during his Junior year and had a great Senior year. I think Bo is probably a little bit behind Jake in his development (when comparing both during their Jr years; Bo behind due to Covid and poor coaching in the past).

Jake Locker’s highlight video against top competition during his Junior year. Maybe Bo can reach this level next year! I think he is getting close.
Remember, Locker was a high 1st round NFL pick.

Edited by AUreo

I don’t think Bo will be around 2 more years.  If he continues to progress he should start getting NFL attention.  Also I think he’ll need to move on to keep the other QBs happy.  5 year starter is a lot. 

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

He'll be back next year, but if he keeps progressing like this, he's gone after 2022.

I think his shelf life expires at the end of next season regardless of his NFL standing.   If he’s not in the draft he’ll be a graduate transfer.  

Or….  Does Harsin use a fifth year starter to showcase Auburn’s newfound quarterback development program?

Navigating the QB waters is tricky. If he really does continue to improve, he's off the the NFL after next season.

If he stays where he is currently, he's done at AU after next season.

If he's good enough to be the starter in 2023 and wants to have a Super Senior year, I just don't know that the coaches will be into that, pending him being a returning Heisman or something of the like. 

all i can say is i am happy for Bo. but regardless of what happens after auburn i will always consider him a winner. and if i am around i will have to have an autographed rookie card of his straight from the pack when he goes pro. i always thought he would end up a coach down the road but he keeps improving he might do something in the pro's.

3 hours ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I think his shelf life expires at the end of next season regardless of his NFL standing.   If he’s not in the draft he’ll be a graduate transfer.  

Or….  Does Harsin use a fifth year starter to showcase Auburn’s newfound quarterback development program?

Get outta here with that shelf life nonsense. This is about winning and doing what's best for AUBURN. I don't understand why we'd want him to move on from Bo if he starts next year and could come back again in 2023 and chooses to do so. Harsin has shown that he'll move on when needed, so if he welcomes Bo back then we should too.

If Bo isn't the guy, he'll know that and be told that when it's time.

It's a real shame Bo couldn't have progressed a little bit sooner than right now, maybe he ends the season on a 6-7 game run vs good teams....because the NFL draft class for QBs is probably the worst QB class in recent history.  Not sure what next year looks like.

I don't think he'll play for Auburn past 2022.  He'll got to the NFL.  He's already a year older for his grade.  If he stays in college for his 6th season, he'd be a 24 year old and that would be a huge knock on him by NFL teams.

Keep progressing, have a full season in '22 and continue that progression I think he could make his way into rounds 3-5

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Get outta here with that shelf life nonsense. This is about winning and doing what's best for AUBURN. I don't understand why we'd want him to move on from Bo if he starts next year and could come back again in 2023 and chooses to do so. Harsin has shown that he'll move on when needed, so if he welcomes Bo back then we should too.

If Bo isn't the guy, he'll know that and be told that when it's time.

Players should always do what's best for them. Period. If he continues to improve this year and next and has the chance to get drafted it would be stupid for him to come back for a 5th season. Harsin would be a fool to try to keep him. Coaches should always do what's best for the player and just like Coach Pearl does, encourage them to leave if they have the chance to be drafted.

I think a lot of the progression has to do with better pass protection and receivers catching the ball for a change. certainly his fundamental technique looks improved to (planting his feet, checking down)

It's crazy how things change so quickly in college football. A few weeks ago it seemed almost certain that he was done and would probably enter the portal. Now, he's playing great, and if that continues, will assuredly have the job next year. My question is what are Bo's plans. He's older for his grade, is engaged, and playing well. Does he really want to play here for two more years? Add that on top of what Harsin wants and it may not be as clear cut as many on here think. He's playing great right now so I'm just enjoying the present. I'm confident Harsin will field a solid quarterback and put the best guy out there