Here we go again

Eagle-1

Just now, woodford said:

Had to have been. I think they were #7 at the time IIRC. 

Definitely among the sweetest all-time wins for me.

I really thought we had a new rivalry forming with them after how memorable the first three games were (for both good and bad reasons LOL). But just never panned out.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, AUwent said:

Definitely among the sweetest all-time wins for me.

I really thought we had a new rivalry forming with them after how memorable the first three games were (for both good and bad reasons LOL). But just never panned out.

I remember watching that in college. It was a holy sh*t moment for sure. Was going nuts. My roommates didn’t understand it lol

They should open as the favorite at home? From outside by orange and blue glasses, AU and TAM are pretty evenly matched so them having home field advantage ( even though home field hasn’t been good in this series) would lead them to being a slight favorite. But being favorites doesn’t win ballgames. 🤔

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Wow, it's been like 15 years since Alabama-LSU wasn't on CBS.

Yup, CBS has already used both their doubleheaders this season.

54 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

They should open as the favorite at home? From outside by orange and blue glasses, AU and TAM are pretty evenly matched so them having home field advantage ( even though home field hasn’t been good in this series) would lead them to being a slight favorite. But being favorites doesn’t win ballgames. 🤔

Yeah, I wasn't saying I actually disagreed with it. Just glad for the extra motivation. Make no mistake, A&M is a highly talented football team, and only lacking a couple of key pieces from making them among the elite in the conference. I would also venture to say that Harsin has us overachieving based on talent level. Sometimes it's the size of the fight in the dog.

• Like 1

Just now, selias said:

The thing that does concern me a bit is that TAMU is coming off a bye week

I definitely can see them hitting us for a trick play

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

I definitely can see them hitting us for a trick play

And be reasonably well rested

• Like 2

Texas A&M has been on fire since beating Bama.  They are loaded with talent at every position.  Which QB do they start for this game?  Isn’t the original QB supposed to be healthy by this week?  I can definitely see this being a tough game.

12 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Texas A&M has been on fire since beating Bama.  They are loaded with talent at every position.  Which QB do they start for this game?  Isn’t the original QB supposed to be healthy by this week?  I can definitely see this being a tough game.

Stick with the hot hand. Calzada is playing good ball. 

10 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I haven't heard but originally he was supposed to be out a little longer. 

After Bama they played Mizzou and USC, not exactly good teams

Their current QB is trash. He's been bad vs everyone except Bama. 50% comp pct. We're near league worse in Comp Pct against, so I'll be interested to see how this plays out.  Spiller is really good and their defense is stout. 

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Not sure how you can say this. He's terrible. Outside Bama he hasn't broke 200yds passing. USC/Mizzou are both terrible and he was 50% for 180. 

Two games before Bama, State and Arkansas, he threw for 150 in each.

Bama is the anomaly 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Weren’t we underdogs on the road in ‘13?

We've been the under in 3 of our 4 trips there.  2017 was the only time we were the betting favorite.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Worried since it's their bye week so they'll be fresh and AU had some injuries in the secondary last night. Hope Puckett and Knighten didn't suffer anything major. 

26 minutes ago, God Cam It said:

Worried since it's their bye week so they'll be fresh and AU had some injuries in the secondary last night. Hope Puckett and Knighten didn't suffer anything major. 

Pretty sure Knighten is out for a while