Bo and Tank video

aubiefifty

• Thanks 2

• Like 2
  • Love 3

not to start any crap but does harsin send more kids to the pro's than gus? if he is teaching things that might have been somewhat overlooked in the past i would think yes. but kids really loved gus and harsin seems to be such a hardazz it could go either way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

not to start any crap but does harsin send more kids to the pro's than gus? if he is teaching things that might have been somewhat overlooked in the past i would think yes. but kids really loved gus and harsin seems to be such a hardazz it could go either way.

I feel like we definitely need a new OL coach to improve that aspect (I don’t have any faith in friend from before this season). 
It’s really hard to answer that tbh. The recruits have to get way better to have a real shot at that. 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

This team isn’t having fun under Harsin at all.  #eyeroll

Yeah I think the players hate him

• Like 6

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Maybe not by volume, but given the talent disparity between what Gus had to work with vs Harsin, I'd take Harsin all day. And you'll see that in the coming years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Work, hard work preparing during the week and have fun on Saturdays.  I think they're buying into what he's selling.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Can't comment strictly on the NFL part, but everyone should be challenged. Why? Because, when anyone is taught the how, why, and when of a team role with accountability the competitive person will figure out how to succeed. And once the that person succeeds using what he has been taught it brings a level of pride and sense of accomplishment ("wow, look what I've done, I want to do it again"). Also, that same person will look back and remember the motivation for his pride/accomplishment being CBH. CBH a hardazz? No, it's called going 1-0 everyday.

Note: The above is all covered (between the lines) in the AU CREED.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, creed said:

Can't comment strictly on the NFL part, but everyone should be challenged. Why? Because, when anyone is taught the how, why, and when of a team role with accountability the competitive person will figure out how to succeed. And once the that person succeeds using what he has been taught it brings a level of pride and sense of accomplishment ("wow, look what I've done, I want to do it again"). Also, that same person will look back and remember the motivation for his pride/accomplishment being CBH. CBH a hardazz? No, it's called going 1-0 everyday.

Note: The above is all covered (between the lines) in the AU CREED.

this will shock your socks off since i have very little filter and quick to temper if i feel like i am attacked? i have done the Dale Carnegie Course. and i passed  lol. but i think they have never failed anyone to be honest.

9 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

I believe there will be more offensive players taken just because the system in more in line with what the NFL wants.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Think of it a little like parents and children. A child who has little structure will still love the parent but will not be the best he or she can be. A child who has structure will love the parent also but will ultimately have more respect for the parent because of the expectation and guidance they were given. The desire to please is much greater for the latter because of wanting to meet an expectation. Our players needed to know what was expected for them to be successful. Harsin will demand that because he expects it of himself. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I feel like we definitely need a new OL coach to improve that aspect (I don’t have any faith in friend from before this season). 
It’s really hard to answer that tbh. The recruits have to get way better to have a real shot at that. 

Seems obvious to me that offensively, more should make it as they will be better prepared, including the OL.

4 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Seems obvious to me that offensively, more should make it as they will be better prepared, including the OL.

Well, seeing as how the OL have not shown to be better prepared, or really better in any capacity than the previous regime's not very good OL, that isn't very obvious to me. And I don't have a reason to believe the current OL coach can make a marked improvement when his units have not shown a great improvement 3 out of the past 4 seasons. 2018 was abysmal, one of the worst OLs you could find (https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2018/12/29/the-vols-2018-offensive-line-was-shockingly-bad/), 2019 was an improvement from abysmal to...mildly less atrocious?, with multiple blue chip OLmen over a couple years now in the fold (https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-ranking-all-130-college-football-offensive-line-situations), and 2020, with a stable of OL talent that this university hasn't fielded in QUITE some time (https://www.rockytoptalk.com/2020/1/9/21058734/tennessee-vols-football-might-have-best-offensive-line-in-the-country-2020-trey-smith), Tenn made a massive leap to dead center in the rankings (https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-ranking-all-127-fbs-offensive-lines-through-cfb-week-13). 

They also already almost have more sacks allowed this season than last (with 2 gimme games thrown in) while playing 3 less games. Their rushing average is .9 yards higher, but that's also factoring in the clear abnormalities that were the two gimme games. I would LOVE for you to explain to me why it's "obvious" they should be better prepared when the guy who's supposed to ensure they're better prepared isn't good at what he does.

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

On 10/31/2021 at 6:38 AM, ClaytonAU said:

That video gives me goosebumps.

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Well, seeing as how the OL have not shown to be better prepared, or really better in any capacity than the previous regime's not very good OL, that isn't very obvious to me. And I don't have a reason to believe the current OL coach can make a marked improvement when his units have not shown a great improvement 3 out of the past 4 seasons. 2018 was abysmal, one of the worst OLs you could find (https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2018/12/29/the-vols-2018-offensive-line-was-shockingly-bad/), 2019 was an improvement from abysmal to...mildly less atrocious?, with multiple blue chip OLmen over a couple years now in the fold (https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-ranking-all-130-college-football-offensive-line-situations), and 2020, with a stable of OL talent that this university hasn't fielded in QUITE some time (https://www.rockytoptalk.com/2020/1/9/21058734/tennessee-vols-football-might-have-best-offensive-line-in-the-country-2020-trey-smith), Tenn made a massive leap to dead center in the rankings (https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-ranking-all-127-fbs-offensive-lines-through-cfb-week-13). 

They also already almost have more sacks allowed this season than last (with 2 gimme games thrown in) while playing 3 less games. Their rushing average is .9 yards higher, but that's also factoring in the clear abnormalities that were the two gimme games. I would LOVE for you to explain to me why it's "obvious" they should be better prepared when the guy who's supposed to ensure they're better prepared isn't good at what he does.

IMO the OL have improved this year. I know running stats may not completely show an improvement ( although last game was better) they are also showing defenses penchant to stop the run first. Their (OL) QB protection stats definitely indicate improvement. Your assessment of Friend as OL coach is definitely not what was on the table before we hired him. I think we just disagree on this one.