Post Game Thread

toddc

Re-watch the second half the O-line wasn't that bad there were multiple 1st down plays that picked up 1 or 2 yards but there was a hole and the back was stopped by the 1 hand ankle tackle also we had two good drives stopped by fumbles the one in 2nd half where we kicked FG, Bo was about a foot short of 1st down on his run when he fumbled leaving us 2 yards short. Without the fumble we probably pick up the 1st down. Then on our next to last drive we had just picked up a fumble on their side of the 50 when we lost the fumble. On final drive we were picking up 6-10 yards on every run to run out the clock that was with Ole Miss putting 8 in the box knowing we were going to run. 

• Like 1

Thought if kiffin won he could pick his job.  The way he lost could really hurt him.  He made some really boneheaded decisions. I liked kiffin but those decisions would have drove me crazy

7 minutes ago, AUx said:

and nobody crediting Orange Face Mask. Everybody excited he was gonna be in this game. Now, nobody talking about him. He probably gonna head for the transfer portal now. Everybody wanted him here. Wins the game and gets not props. Ima right mind to go with him.

Word is he received illegal benefits from a well known booster...

The compliance team will make him sit out a few games 

• Haha 1

I don’t know if it’s just me but this is the first time in recent memory that I can visibly see the team getting better each week. Especially the offense. To me that’s good enough to call this year one a win for Harsin and Co. We just beat the #10 team in the country but could have absolutely obliterated them if it weren’t for dumb mistakes. We have a chance against every team we have left. Just wish we had A&M at home. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, coolmello said:

He made some really boneheaded decisions.

23 out of 30 on 4th down conversions before this game.  He probably should have adjusted vs Auburn since we've only given up 3 out of 10 before this game. Live and learn the hard way though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I don’t know if it’s just me but this is the first time in recent memory that I can visibly see the team getting better each week. Especially the offense. To me that’s good enough to call this year one a win for Harsin and Co. We just beat the #10 team in the country but could have absolutely obliterated them if it weren’t for dumb mistakes. We have a chance against every team we have left. Just wish we had A&M at home. 

Yeah you look at where we were in late September... :)

34 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Bo 22/30 276 yards 1 TD, 8 carries for 30 yards and 2 TDs

Tank 23 carries 140 yards and 1 TD

Big time players showing up in big games.

Defense was phenomenal holding them to 3 points in the second half.

did you catch the sports casters saying bo was hurt in the ga state game? well the little ga school. i thought he was going backwards but that is not the case.

1 hour ago, AUx said:

and nobody crediting Orange Face Mask. Everybody excited he was gonna be in this game. Now, nobody talking about him. He probably gonna head for the transfer portal now. Everybody wanted him here. Wins the game and gets no props. Ima right mind to go with him.

Orange Jersey has been redshirted for 41 years while bravely serving to protect the QBs in contact practices. If anyone has a gripe then he has. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Orange Jersey has been redshirted for 41 years while bravely serving to protect the QBs in contact practices. If anyone has a gripe then he has. 

Soooooo, is Orange Shirt just in redshirt status? I mean, only playing one(?) game, he must have eligibility remaining.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Re-watch the second half the O-line wasn't that bad there were multiple 1st down plays that picked up 1 or 2 yards but there was a hole and the back was stopped by the 1 hand ankle tackle also we had two good drives stopped by fumbles the one in 2nd half where we kicked FG, Bo was about a foot short of 1st down on his run when he fumbled leaving us 2 yards short. Without the fumble we probably pick up the 1st down. Then on our next to last drive we had just picked up a fumble on their side of the 50 when we lost the fumble. On final drive we were picking up 6-10 yards on every run to run out the clock that was with Ole Miss putting 8 in the box knowing we were going to run. 

i think the o line has improved a lot better than most folks would think. i expect them to get better.and what amazes me as from what harsin and even the players say it is just about fundamentals on the team that make us better and the team has bought in. they work hard and grind but buddy when they party it is fun to watch.

2 minutes ago, AUx said:

Soooooo, is Orange Shirt just in redshirt status? I mean, only playing one(?) game, he must have eligibility remaining.

between you and me i am gonna wait for the day when we do the tie dye look. i mean crocs has tie dye shoes. what ya think? i am for no orange jerseys,period. if i am not mistaken the last time we wore those bad boys we got murdered by some team tho i forgot which team it was.

• Like 1

Impressed with the team's growth this season. Seems like they have bought in. We would have handled Penn State if we played them later in the season. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AUx said:

He just needs the right influential booster behind him. If only the Yellow man would get behind the Orange jersey and give the green light to lift the redshirt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Defense deserves the game ball for their 2nd half performance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolmello said:

Thought if kiffin won he could pick his job.  The way he lost could really hurt him.  He made some really boneheaded decisions. I liked kiffin but those decisions would have drove me crazy

Kiffin is Kiffin just like Orgeron is Orgeron. Believe somebody when they tell you who they are. Glad we didn't get him and he's almost guaranteed to flame out at OM before he gets a big opportunity. 

you guys that know the game please tell me what is up with d linemen subbing our o line?they hit our guys really low and i do not understand how that would help the opposing team. and i know at least one more team has tried that on us this year as well. do they see some kind of weakness that subbing could exploit? just curious.........

34 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Kiffin is Kiffin just like Orgeron is Orgeron. Believe somebody when they tell you who they are. Glad we didn't get him and he's almost guaranteed to flame out at OM before he gets a big opportunity. 

8-9 wins a year at OM keeps him there for life

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

8-9 wins a year at OM keeps him there for life

Pretty much. He’s basically regarded as a god among their fans. Unless they have the option for Freeze again, they’re all in on Freshwater. 

The WR play is improving.  I saw maybe 2-3 drops vs Arkansas (after seeing as many as 7 or 8 in previous games) and I'm not sure I saw one hit a receiver's hands last night that they didn't bring in.  I know we're playing more TEs and those guys seem to be better catching the ball, but overall the entire group has stepped that aspect of their game up.  Kudos to them and whatever the coaches have been doing to get that better.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you guys that know the game please tell me what is up with d linemen subbing our o line?they hit our guys really low and i do not understand how that would help the opposing team. and i know at least one more team has tried that on us this year as well. do they see some kind of weakness that subbing could exploit? just curious.........

It’s to keep the lineman from getting to the second level.   Free’s up the linebackers to make plays 

• Like 1

Great win. The D stepped up in the 2nd half. The O did not execute consistently in the 2nd half, but when they needed to put it away, they flat out did. Thank god we don't have a knucklehead like Kiffin walking our sidelines as HC.

Edited by boisnumber1

We out coached a top ten team

We out executed a top ten team

We were the most physical team

Our crowd did it's job with noise making it difficult for all the inexperienced wr's 

3 of these things did not happen very often over the last decade, they all happened in one game yesterday

The process of this culture change has been fun to watch and I am excited to sit back and watch it continue as we are just getting started.

• Like 1