20 pts

bigbird

1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

Of course, OM not having their top 3 receivers didn't hurt. One receiver caught his first pass tonight. And another receiver is a converted defensive back. Along with being down a couple of linemen. 

While weekly every other team has a 5* at every position and there are no injuries, distractions, etc., etc., etc. :nopityA:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Of course, OM not having their top 3 receivers didn't hurt. One receiver caught his first pass tonight. And another receiver is a converted defensive back. Along with being down a couple of linemen. 

And they kept dropping during the game.  That said, offense punched them in the mouth in the first half, and defense kept them from scoring more than 3 in the second half.

31 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I agree.

Kiffin left at least 9 points on the field though. He's his own worst enemy right now.

And we left at least 10

13 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

You can only play who is in front of you. It doesn't diminish what the D did.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

I reserve the right to bitch between the 20s…😆

I try not to, but am guilty at times. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Ole Miss gave them a lot of help. Going for it on 4th down, and the pick in the end zone, sure helped. 

They’ve been going for it on 4th all year and getting it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

You can only play who is in front of you. It doesn't diminish what the D did.

I'm not saying Auburn's defense played poorly (Although, giving up 464 yards in total offense is not something to brag about) Just the OM offense that Auburn's defense played against tonight, bird, is not the same one who created those gaudy numbers you cite. 

2 hours ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

I said the same thing in the game thread.  We only gave up 20 points to one of the best offenses in college football.  Coach mason adjusted and the second half defense, even with turnovers played lights out.  Simpsons INT was the play of the game for me.

Yes the end zone pick. A true hustle play by the DB, something we have been missing for a while with this defense.

AU now third in the SEC in scoring DEFENSE! Process sometimes ugly but end result is lovely. And O Chapman quietly booming punts and flipping the field. This team is coming together. Can’t wait to be in College Station next week. 

• Like 4

If they come out of A&M with the W, a certain sweater vest coach who couldn’t build an OL will have faded into distant memory in record time. If he’s not already. 

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

If they come out of A&M with the W, a certain sweater vest coach who couldn’t build an OL will have faded into distant memory in record time. If he’s not already. 

Until you think about the absolute waste of talent.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Zakoby McClain is tackling machine. He cannot be human.

He’s the modern day Fast Freddie Smith. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

According to the ESPN banner, it’s the least points allowed to Kiffy in his 18 OM games and his last 30 overall. 

Impressive, but the OM offense was a shell of itself last night. The injury bug has bitten them badly. 

I just don’t know what to think about this defense. You can’t complain about giving up 20 points to ol miss, but damn. Did we have to give them 10 yards uncovered the whole first half?? Is there some strategy to making them think we are terrible on defense in the first half and then just turn it on later?? Lol

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

I just don’t know what to think about this defense. You can’t complain about giving up 20 points to ol miss, but damn. Did we have to give them 10 yards uncovered the whole first half?? Is there some strategy to making them think we are terrible on defense in the first half and then just turn it on later?? Lol

We’re 2/3 through the season and have played 4 ranked teams. We’re 3rd of 14 teams in the SEC in scoring defense. I share your frustration on how it seems and looks but it’s working.