20 pts

bigbird

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Some context there, he pissed away at 3 FG opportunities. Right?  Normal team it would have been 29-31.

But credit to the D for forcing stops on 4th down when Lane constantly did something stupid. They had to rise up.

Biggest 4th down stop was after the muffed punt. 4 plays. 8 yards, 2 min off the clock, 0pts

Some more context...26 for 30 on 4th down before the AU game. That's who they are and what they do.  We knew that and played the team in front of us, not the hypothetical team people keep trying to make them. They were 1 of 4 on 4th during the Auburn game.  Like you said, the credit goes to the D.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Some more context...26 for 30 on 4th down before the AU game. That's who they are and what they do.  We knew that and played the team in front of us, not the hypothetical team people keep trying to make them. They were 1 of 4 on 4th during the Auburn game.  Like you said, the credit goes to the D.

Don't disagree. I'd be shocked if most of thier other 4 failed attempts were vs Bama.

That might work vs some sub ar opponents, but decent or better defenses it seems really dumb, essentially in the Redbone. I get it from the 40 to the 30 or so

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Don't disagree. I'd be shocked if most of thier other 4 failed attempts were vs Bama.

That might work vs some sub ar opponents, but decent or better defenses it seems really dumb, essentially in the Redbone. I get it from the 40 to the 30 or so

Yeah, not getting the 3 while down 11 was just bad.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Yeah, not getting the 3 while down 11 was just bad.

I'd love to see his analytics book. Wonder if he just said eff it. 4th quarter, down 2 scores and not taking a FG can't be in there.

If it is, they need to tune some of their ML models 

I don’t think he was using analytics, I think he was being arrogant.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, toddc said:

I don’t think he was using analytics, I think he was being arrogant.

I don't know if it's arrogance or him not trusting his defense to stop decent offenses. 

Which I guess ours might actually be now?!?!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

We knew that and played the team in front of us, not the hypothetical team people keep trying to make them.

I might harp on this too much, but this is one of the most important philosophical changes that was needed and achieved with the coaching change IMO.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I don't know if it's arrogance or him not trusting his defense to stop decent offenses. 

Which I guess ours might actually be now?!?!

After giving up 51 to Arkansas, and 28 in the 1st half to Auburn, I can see why he would not want to rely on defense to win their games.

• Like 1

I think the frustration comes from the "let's play tiddly winks in the first half and stay 12 yards off the line" with our coverage. Then in the second half we change that, and Bam! we are stopping them. It's like Mason has some unwritten rule against playing good D in the first half. It's frustrating to watch. And we still have that hangover from Steele's D, where I would rather the opponent have a 3rd and 2, than a 3rd and 15. 

Well Ole Miss was more of the same IMO - brilliant adjustments by Mason after his initial gameplan apparently didnt expect OMs bread & butter HUNH. 

• Dislike 1

On 10/30/2021 at 9:44 PM, bigbird said:

For everyone bitching about the D...20 pts given up to the team ranked #4 in total offense, #3 in rushing offense, #7 in scoring, and #24 passing offense.

Give it time...

Seems every week people want to fire Mason at halftime and then they love him after the game lol. Hope they can put in together from start to finish this weekend. 

On 11/6/2021 at 11:10 PM, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

All the while, not giving up a TD🤬

Reminds me of several games from 2016-2019. Which is really, really not good. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Reminds me of several games from 2016-2019. Which is really, really not good. 

Most notably the 2016 DSOR. If Auburn has anything average on offense that day then they easily win 28-13.