Ol Miss score prediction

gravejd

Guest MustardSeed

One thing is for sure. We will finally get to see what these coaches can do with a little time to step back and reevaluate. It’s not a must win, but a win here would speak volumes and maybe some faster respect from recruits so while not a must win, still a big game. I think it all hinges on Mason’s ability to scheme for Corral. I think we find out a lot about him this week 

17 hours ago, Win4AU said:

31-24 Auburn.  Not as high scoring as most expect.  Auburn controls the game in ToP and that makes the difference.

I been saying it all week. Under 70. 

AU 34--30

I think Ole Miss jumps out to a decent lead, maybe 17-3 or 21-7 something like that, causing us all to panic and publicly fire and shame the staff, only for AU to make adjustments, and chip away at the lead throughout the 2nd half. 

Bo Nix carries us in the first 3 quarters and then the run game opens up. Tank scores the go ahead from 20 plus out with 1 minute left. Ole Miss scares us but the D gets the stop on the hail mary.

I went a little too far into my head in that whole scenario lol. AU wins 34-30.

12 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

One thing is for sure. We will finally get to see what these coaches can do with a little time to step back and reevaluate. It’s not a must win, but a win here would speak volumes and maybe some faster respect from recruits so while not a must win, still a big game. I think it all hinges on Mason’s ability to scheme for Corral. I think we find out a lot about him this week 

I disagree about it not being a must win. I mean, if you have already given up on the season then sure. We can still have a "solid" season, but we still have everything in front of us and as long as that is the case then I absolutely consider this a must win.

• Like 4

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I disagree about it not being a must win. I mean, if you have already given up on the season then sure. We can still have a "solid" season, but we still have everything in front of us and as long as that is the case then I absolutely consider this a must win.

I get ya. I mean for the first year staff in general

3 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I get ya. I mean for the first year staff in general

10-4. Yea as far as the staff and what not I get what you are saying, but .....We can still win the SEC!!!!! Is it a long shot? Hell yes. Is it a tall order? Absolutely. Who would have thought we would go on to win the west in 2017 after dropping to Clemson and LSU? Not me. 

2 hours ago, AUGoo said:

We said that about Arkie too.

Hoping this time….

We put up 31 offensive points. You’re acting like it was 2016 and 17 Clemson.

Edited by AUwent

Guest MustardSeed
29 minutes ago, AUwent said:

In AUGoos defense, our 2 RBs combined for less than 100 yards…that not having running success. Of course Arky sort of forced the situation and made Bo beat them and he did. So MAYBE Ole Miss backs off the run a little to stop Bo now and we really get the run game going. Our defense may need the break

42 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I appreciate your optimism and will be there yelling my lungs out.

The scars of Gustification are a  long and difficult road for me.

Fear not, I am pulling for our guys to make me wrong in a big way.

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I been saying it all week. Under 70. 

AU 34--30

I think Ole Miss jumps out to a decent lead, maybe 17-3 or 21-7 something like that, causing us all to panic and publicly fire and shame the staff, 

Already fired Mason and Etheridge once.  Ain’t scared to do it again.  

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

In AUGoos defense, our 2 RBs combined for less than 100 yards…that not having running success. Of course Arky sort of forced the situation and made Bo beat them and he did. So MAYBE Ole Miss backs off the run a little to stop Bo now and we really get the run game going. Our defense may need the break

Our receiving corps has been the main cause of that. Teams stacking the box. If they play like they did against Arkmart the running opportunities will come.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

I think it all hinges on Mason’s ability to scheme for Corral.

Agreed. We did a poor job of not closing running lanes against QB Jefferson. He failed to take advantage of them on three 3rd downs. Two of them he would have scored.

Corral will not make the same mistake. He’s not Cam, but like Cam, he forces you to stretch to cover the entire field for fear he can easily complete it over you, leaving running lanes open. Really hope we collapse the 5-10 yard area in front of the LOS a lot better than we did ARK…or Corral will cement himself as the Heisman frontrunner. 

5 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

AU 45, OM 44

I too think this is going to be a very high scoring game.  May even push the total over 100 pts. 

AU comes out with the W. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AUGoo said:

We said that about Arkie too.

Hoping this time….

Arky did what had normally been a good game plan...stop the run and bet Nix can't beat your.  Nix played well and actually made plays to beat them.  That's an N of 1...hopefully it's that start of a trend.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Arky did what had normally been a good game plan...stop the run and bet Nix can't beat your.  Nix played well and actually made plays to beat them.  That's an N of 1...hopefully it's that start of a trend.

I think they start at not letting Tank (running game) beat them. We will have to pull them out of that will timely playcalling.

12 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

If we can’t run for at least 150 there’s a big problem here.

Guest MustardSeed
7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

If we can’t run for at least 150 there’s a big problem here.

Well maybe yes and maybe no. I think our offensive line has gotten really good at how to pass block but run blocking is lagging far behind. That could be due to a new scheme and just needing a little more time to be a cohesive unit in all phases which takes time. Hopefully the offweek has helped here. 
Now if we can’t run block better by the bowl game (with extra practice time) and not looking heavily improved early next year…major red flag. Also getting a good O Line transfer may pay big dividends here

Auburn -A lot

Them - not so much 

Who would have thought 6-2 was possible after how we played against Ga St.?!? 

Improvement in run blocking and better consistency from our safeties is critical for the rest of this season. I really like the direction this program is headed! War Eagle and IGTBAAT!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Viper said:

-3 is what the experts think, Lee. 

HaHa. You got me. I was saying the old Lee Corso line

Edited by Randman5000
  • Haha 1