Link to Presser on FB

autiger88

Just now, autiger88 said:

Come everyone, Come all.  Find out how many players have been suspended for a widely used substance b/c we'd rather them get black out drunk at Sky Bar.  That's OKAY

• Like 4

No news is good news. I don’t know 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 2

Not asked so not answered!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

He's been saying Owen would hopefully be back for a while.  I'm pretty sure after the GSU game he said it wasn't a bad injury and he could play

IS these reporters are afraid to as tough questions? Hard to believe that none of these reporters would not of asked if there are any players suspended for the upcoming game?

What's so hard about that? It's certainly not personal offending or HIPAA related...

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

IS these reporters are afraid to as tough questions? Hard to believe that none of these reporters would not of asked if there are any players suspended for the upcoming game?

What's so hard about that? It's certainly not personal offending or HIPAA related...

A lot harder to do something in person . Half the things some of y’all say on here, y’all would never say in person.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

A lot harder to do something in person . Half the things some of y’all say on here, y’all would never say in person.

I agree to an extent, but these guys are doing this as part of their JOB. That is what reporters do, ask tough questions. Their job is to report on the team for their readers and subscribers. 

We are fans, ofc we like hide behind our keyboards, but this is not our livelihood.  

He might avoid talking about suspensions but i think it would have been addressed if players had been kicked off the team. Pretty sure it was in the past when players entered the portal..etc. So i'll take that as likely good news anyway

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I agree to an extent, but these guys are doing this as part of their JOB. That is what reporters do, ask tough questions. Their job is to report on the team for their readers and subscribers. 

We are fans, ofc we like hide behind our keyboards, but this is not our livelihood.  

There job is to report substantial facts . Do you think any of these guys are going to lose their job for not asking a question reported by bar stool or whatever? 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I think he’d come out and say if someone wasn’t with the team. So that’s good news, I think.

I could have saved some typing had i waited another 30 seconds on my post lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

There job is to report facts . Do you think any of these guys are going to lose their job for not asking a question reported by bar stool or whatever? 

I'm not asking them to report the rumor, but I think it is there job to ask the coach or the AD in charge of the program, if there are any players that could be suspended for the upcoming game? 

And no, they would not lose their jobs over not asking, but If I was their boss I would be irritated that they didn't ask the tough questions to see if they could get an accurate assessment of what they had heard.

If reporters can ask coaches if there is any truth to them getting a call from another college for a job opening, then they surely can ask the coach about any possible disciplined players or suspensions.

Edited by steeleagle

Just now, steeleagle said:

I'm not asking them to report the rumor, but I think it is there job to ask the coach or the AD in charge of the program, if there are any players that could be suspended for the upcoming game? 

And no, they would not lose their jobs over not asking, but If I was their boss I would be irritated that they didn't ask the tough questions to see if they could get an accurate assessment of what they had heard.

If reporters can ask coaches if there is any truth to them getting a call from another competitor for a job opening, then they surely can ask the coach about any possible disciplined players or suspensions.

Hahah okay Jonah Jameson (spider man reference). Sounds like you got into the gossip mill . As other have said , it would be answered come Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hahah okay Jonah Jameson (spider man reference). Sounds like you got into the gossip mill . As other have said , it would be answered come Saturday. 

HA, more like Clark Kent(without the glasses)... :)

5 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

If reporters can ask coaches if there is any truth to them getting a call from another college for a job opening, then they surely can ask the coach about any possible disciplined players or suspensions.

I think the biggest problem is that Harsin essentially controls their access, so they can't ask the question or they are cut off.

Harsin has already threatened reporters that if they report on certain things they literally see during the open portion of practice, they will never come back to practice. 

So they ask coy questions like Mark Murphy did.  "Any players out for injuries or anything else" and Harsin basically said I don't talk about players being out (full circle to his demand during fall camp of banning reporters from reporting on things they see).

Just kinda the way it is

• Like 1