Any thoughts on the Ol Miss game next week?

aubiefifty

Gotta force corral to make mistakes . Stops will be hard to come by . AU has to contain and play assignment football. Also play keep away. Slow the game down and grind with hunter and tank 

6 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Their offense is really good and with dip sh*t going for it on 4th so much, it makes it that much harder. 

I sorta like that concept and have wondered why not from more coaches. Especially with many of today’s offenses seeming to move the ball at will between the 30’s.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

it is hard to judge lsu but i know they have talent so to me beating them most days always means something to me. Last night the fighting kiffens looked pretty good so a game i assumed would be pretty much a win has turned into another worry fest. i hope our bye week gives us an advantage but those rebs or bears or sharks or whatever the hell they are looked pretty good to me. someone that is not a hater please talk me off this ledge i am standing on with thoughts on how we beat those guys? they appear to have more talent than normal but i certainly am no expert.

I also thought they looked very good - at least as good as us, if not better. 

Glad we have them at home. That may be the difference.

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

Corral is on the Heisman watch list for a good reason.  He's gonna sit back and pick apart our DB's.

Hopefully our O can keep up.

Assuming our WR's that catch show up,

It's gonna be a track meet.

Corral is also a much better runner than I knew.

We're going to need that JH magic.

52 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I disagree about the track meet. I think our D has done a good in the RZ. I think we give up a lot of yards, but I have a feeling its not a shootout. Something 34-30. In that range. I don't know what the OU is but if it's over 65 I am probably taking the Under.

I can remember back when 34-30 was called a shoot out.  ;D

• Like 3

We really need to limit the scramble ability of Matt. Guy's need to be going side line to side line and not stopping before the whistle. I like our chances!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

1) Your lifetime and historical measures mean nothing to the actual team on the field.  Highly encourage to watch more games before forming opinions on whether an opponent is easy or not.  And the only sure-fire win left on our schedule should be South Carolina.

2) Matt Corrall is arguably the best QB in the SEC.  And the catch is, Ole Miss can run the ball this year too.  Its the most dynamic offense in the league when its all working.  Corrall can pick apart our zone defense if we don't tighten up in a hurry.

This is going to be a 4th quarter game.

Shoot the cat is out of the bag. This dude is the best QB in the nation it seems to most folks. 

Looking at common opponents, they got LSU and Arkansas at home, we got them on the road. They obviously dominated LSU, but we pulled away from Arkansas while they would’ve gone to OT if Pittman had kicked the XP.

OM will be tough but I think the cumulative effect of weeks of experience with HarsinBall under the belt of the team will make it tough on OM as well. Last week felt like a "turn the corner" game

Ole Miss was at home

They retired Eli’s jersey

LSU officially cut ties with coach O

no offense to Ole Miss or LSU

but let’s be honest on how prepared the corn dogs were really for this game

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
37 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

If the AU running game is good enough to set up AU the passing game. Auburn wins. If not it’s going to an Ole Miss win.

Hasn’t been all year…. I personally think we can easily lose this one by 14 plus. However make a couple key 4th down stops and get a a couple tds instead of fgs and I think we can also win by 10.  I don’t think our defensive style lines up well at all with their offensive style. Corral can pick apart zone coverage and ours is the softest in the league between the 20s so we’ll likely have to stop them on 4th downs in the red zone a good bit to win. 

26 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Ole Miss was at home

Lsu also didn’t have Boutte last night

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
52 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Ole Miss was at home

Yeah I don’t think we can take much from that game, but they’ve had solid offense most of the year.   I am hopeful that the bye week gave our defense time to scheme for Corral and their running game or that at least our second half adjustments give our offense enough time to outscore them

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

If the AU running game is good enough to set up AU the passing game. Auburn wins. If not it’s going to an Ole Miss win.

Seems everyone has played us the other way forcing us to throw.

The passing may have to set up the run game.

• Like 1

Matt will have at least 200 total yards. Mason will piss a lot of fans including me off again but hopefully we get the win still.

Edited by WFE12

Will need to play well...maybe it'll take another pass reception like Bo to Seth to get the win, except this year to Demetris....

Our running game excels Saturday and we control the game. Book it. 😉

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

Seems everyone has played us the other way forcing us to throw.

The passing may have to set up the run game.

It will certainly be interesting to see if that changes though now that our passing game seems to be the bigger threat (who would’ve said that a month ago)

In the SEC rankings, Corral is 5th-TD passes, 5th-passing yards, 4th-completion %, 3rd-yds/attempt, 3rd-QBR. So while he is a good passing QB he isn't unique from other QBs we have faced in that phase. Where he IS unique is his running game. He has 100 rushing attempts for 474 yards and 9 rushing TDs.

That puts him 11th-rushing yards and 2nd-rushing TDs. Corral's running threat makes the whole thing go. That running ability also directly helps his passing game because it forces defenses to be more cautious in their pass rush. We can deal with his passing game but we HAVE to stop his running game. That will be one of the main keys to winning this game.  

Edited by IronMan70

I don’t like when streaks are involved. I am always of the opinion that streaks and records are made to be broken. Let’s hope it isn’t on Saturday 

5 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Well Brad, cut bait however you want…….end of day they are still Ole Miss. 

You gotta love those pious posts, huh? Resident Lectern he is I suppose…🙄

• Dislike 1