Any thoughts on the Ol Miss game next week?

aubiefifty

it is hard to judge lsu but i know they have talent so to me beating them most days always means something to me. Last night the fighting kiffens looked pretty good so a game i assumed would be pretty much a win has turned into another worry fest. i hope our bye week gives us an advantage but those rebs or bears or sharks or whatever the hell they are looked pretty good to me. someone that is not a hater please talk me off this ledge i am standing on with thoughts on how we beat those guys? they appear to have more talent than normal but i certainly am no expert.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it is hard to judge lsu but i know they have talent so to me beating them most days always means something to me. Last night the fighting kiffens looked pretty good so a game i assumed would be pretty much a win has turned into another worry fest. i hope our bye week gives us an advantage but those rebs or bears or sharks or whatever the hell they are looked pretty good to me. someone that is not a hater please talk me off this ledge i am standing on with thoughts on how we beat those guys? they appear to have more talent than normal but i certainly am no expert.

What in the blue hell made you think that in the first place?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

What in the blue hell made you think that in the first place?

because in my lifetime we rarely ever lost to them. they have a great qb and that rb is killer. their receivers seem really good. yes i know lsu is bad but they play hard and are normally hard to beat. also they always have bigtime talent. so what ya got?

Just now, aubiefifty said:

because in my lifetime we rarely ever lost to them. they have a great qb and that rb is killer. their receivers seem really good. yes i know lsu is bad but they play hard and are normally hard to beat. also they always have bigtime talent. so what ya got?

1) Your lifetime and historical measures mean nothing to the actual team on the field.  Highly encourage to watch more games before forming opinions on whether an opponent is easy or not.  And the only sure-fire win left on our schedule should be South Carolina.

2) Matt Corrall is arguably the best QB in the SEC.  And the catch is, Ole Miss can run the ball this year too.  Its the most dynamic offense in the league when its all working.  Corrall can pick apart our zone defense if we don't tighten up in a hurry.

This is going to be a 4th quarter game.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

1) Your lifetime and historical measures mean nothing to the actual team on the field.  Highly encourage to watch more games before forming opinions on whether an opponent is easy or not.  And the only sure-fire win left on our schedule should be South Carolina.

2) Matt Corrall is arguably the best QB in the SEC.  And the catch is, Ole Miss can run the ball this year too.  Its the most dynamic offense in the league when its all working.  Corrall can pick apart our zone defense if we don't tighten up in a hurry.

This is going to be a 4th quarter game.

brad i might be in the wrong place but sometimes i come here to learn believe it or not. i understand some basics but i tell everyone i am no expert. i did watch them play lsu and i was impressed. and we can be very jeklyll and hyde and this often baffles me. i think playing at home in a night game helps but i will freely admit i am worried.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

It's going to be a tough one, but for some reason I've had a good feeling about this one.

well harsin is 7 and 1 after a bye week.

It'll be a tough game. Keep in mind that we had the extra bye week to recover and home field advantage. I still think we win this one.

• Like 2

Corral is on the Heisman watch list for a good reason.  He's gonna sit back and pick apart our DB's.

Hopefully our O can keep up.

Assuming our WR's that catch show up,

It's gonna be a track meet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Going to be a tough game I think.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AUwent said:

It's going to be a tough one, but for some reason I've had a good feeling about this one.

Same here. Nightmare at Jordan Hare. Saturday be a fun day in Auburn. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Corral is on the Heisman watch list for a good reason.  He's gonna sit back and pick apart our DB's.

Hopefully our O can keep up.

Assuming our WR's that catch show up,

It's gonna be a track meet.

I disagree about the track meet. I think our D has done a good in the RZ. I think we give up a lot of yards, but I have a feeling its not a shootout. Something 34-30. In that range. I don't know what the OU is but if it's over 65 I am probably taking the Under.

• Like 1

Maybe I am not as sold on Ole Miss as most. Auburn will have opportunities. It will come down to can they capitalize on them . Arkansas has a chance blew it. The turning point yesterday was that pick on the goal line IMO. After that LSU wasn’t the same. Hopefully Auburn is prepared to play 4th down often. This is where the bend but don’t break gonna drive me nutz. Still think the good guys pull it out in a back and forth affair

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Same here. Nightmare at Jordan Hare. Saturday be a fun day in Auburn. 

did you see the free basketball scrimmage article i posted coming up? you and proud might want to go. right after a volleyball meet which is free as well. it is on the basketball page.

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I disagree about the track meet. I think our D has done a good in the RZ. I think we give up a lot of yards, but I have a feeling its not a shootout. Something 34-30. In that range. I don't know what the OU is but if it's over 65 I am probably taking the Under.

I'm still have visions of the PSU QB sitting back and downing a BLT prior to throwing the ball.

• Haha 8

I'm worried about Corral for sure. I work with several Ole Miss fans and they are just as worried about which Bo they will see. Ealy and Conner are studs in the backfield. This will be one that I don't care if we win ugly or not, just outscore them any way we can. 

14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

did you see the free basketball scrimmage article i posted coming up? you and proud might want to go. right after a volleyball meet which is free as well. it is on the basketball page.

Missed the article and not big on basketball attendance. Love baseball and see we beat Clemson Saturday in a 12 inning  fall baseball exhibition. Been down on the coast for the past several weeks so missed it. Headed back up tomorrow. Think we have orange & blue scrimmages end of week and will make those. 

• Like 1

Going to take over 35 to win.  Kiffin goes   for 4th down way too much.   It will be the key to the game.   Make them pay dearly for it and I believe Auburn pulls it out.   Besides Alabama and Georgia, I think this will be right there with aTm for hardest games.  Their offense is really good and with dip sh*t going for it on 4th so much, it makes it that much harder. 

• Like 3