True definition of a salty fan (Arkansas Edition))

autiger88

On 10/22/2021 at 8:14 AM, bigbird said:

The fumble: Forward progress had clearly been stopped.  Watch the line judge come in from the top. He instantly marks the forward progress and calls him down.

4th down stop: Camera was behind the play so it'll show further down field than it was. Again, watch the line judge from the top mark the spot immediately. There was no doubt from the one with the best view. 

The 2nd & 5 PI:. Terrible throw that caused the defender to shove capers in the back. He clearly interfered, not a bad call just a bad throw.

The WR hold: I'd be upset with that call. Too close to call, IMO.

The PI: Definitely was uncatchable but should've been been a defensive holding call instead. Either way, 1st down.

I was listening on the radio and the ref immediately announced that forward progress had been stopped, well before any review was called on. I noticed watching later on DVR that the tv listening audience never heard it nor did the announcers. They did, however, come back after the next break and address it.

Edited by Swamp Eagle

20 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

B7CE141B-A34E-4243-A471-ED53266A08AC.gif

Exactly. I remember Josh Bynes vehemently telling the line judge they had stopped McElroy exactly where he was pointing down at on 4th Down. I had never seen Bynes argue with an official prior. They still marked McElroy a full yard ahead. SMDH. Thankfully, the better team won despite bammer Ritter's crew.

That and the personal foul call on Fairley for celebrating with his teammates after sacking McElroy on 3rd Down...I will never get over.

• Like 2