True definition of a salty fan (Arkansas Edition))

autiger88

So Arkansas fans think we are some how protected by the refs in every game we play and that's really laughable because if that's the case we would have more NCs or atleast SEC titles but I digress. My favorite part is the fact that you left off the calls we got called against us that was questionable 🤷 if you really wanna be salty you should be at the refs and post both parts to prove your point. 

Please go read the YouTube comments you will get a laugh 😂

Edited by autiger88

To be fair we have definitely gotten favorable calls against them? Do I feel bad? Nope especially it happens to us when we play the premier teams.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, DAG said:

To be fair we have definitely gotten favorable calls against them? Do I feel bad? Nope especially it happens to us when we play the premier teams.

I get last year I do but not every year especially this year it went both ways though. Also they were saying we get the calls in every game we play. 

The fumble: Forward progress had clearly been stopped.  Watch the line judge come in from the top. He instantly marks the forward progress and calls him down.

4th down stop: Camera was behind the play so it'll show further down field than it was. Again, watch the line judge from the top mark the spot immediately. There was no doubt from the one with the best view. 

The 2nd & 5 PI:. Terrible throw that caused the defender to shove capers in the back. He clearly interfered, not a bad call just a bad throw.

The WR hold: I'd be upset with that call. Too close to call, IMO.

The PI: Definitely was uncatchable but should've been been a defensive holding call instead. Either way, 1st down.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The fumble: Forward progress had clearly been stopped.  Watch the line judge come in from the top. He instantly marks the forward progress and calls him down.

4th down stop: Camera was behind the play so it'll show further down field than it was. Again, watch the line judge from the top mark the spot immediately. There was no doubt from the one with the best view. 

The 2nd & 5 PI:. Terrible throw that caused the defender to shove capers in the back. He clearly interfered, not a bad call just a bad throw.

The WR hold: I'd be upset with that call. Too close to call, IMO.

The PI: Definitely was uncatchable but should've been been a defensive holding call instead. Either way, 1st down.

i think something was mentioned as well about taking the ball carrier off his feet as well?

No one has ever beaten the hogs fair and square.  They complain about the refs more than any other 2 schools combined.    I love it.  I hope we get a controversial play go  our way every time we play them for the rest of time!

The week before we played them,  hog fans were complaining that one of their players was lifted off his feet and slammed to the ground.  (it is why they lost to ole miss.) They were all on the other side of this argument then.    They bitched so much,  I am sure the refs listened and took their advice in our game. :)

They have to realize, at this point ,that all their complaining about the refs since joining the SEC has become a self fulfilling prophecy.   The refs are sick of them crying "Referee"  every game they lose and so the refs hold it against them in every game.   LOL

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i think something was mentioned as well about taking the ball carrier off his feet as well?

That could've been called as unnecessary roughness and if it was it would've been a dead ball foul. The fumble never occurred because forward progress had been called.

• Like 6

Play #1: Forward progress was stopped prior to the fumble. Simple call. 

Play #2: The TV generated 1st Down line to make is not official. If the NCAA wants more accurate reviews of ball-spotting, invest in the camera technology the NFL uses.

Play #3: DB shoved the WR. Simple call. 

Play #4: ARK player had BOTH of his hands gripping the AU defender’s jersey in his shoulder pad area. Simple call. 

Play #5: Definitely a blown call. Ref could have called holding if he wanted, but pass interference wasn’t warranted because the ball was uncatchable.

• Like 1

in regards to the mentioned PI (i have not watched their video), but how many times do refs say "pass uncatchable" these days?  when that rule 1st came out, seemed like it was used appropriately but now, seems never mentioned.

• Thanks 1

Complaining about the refs is so ... ... pointless.  You get the benefit of a call or overturned call sometimes & then you don't.  I've been watching AU football since the 70s and calls have never always been in our favor.  If the calls from last year & this season have favored AU more, then I look at it as a long overdue correction(!)  WDE 

• Like 2

This is funny. Watch our game day topic and there are people complaining about non holding calls on virtually every single play against our defense. It is what it is. Close calls go against your team always leave a bad taste in the fans mouth.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

This is funny. Watch our game day topic and there are people complaining about non holding calls on virtually every single play against our defense. It is what it is. Close calls go against your team always leave a bad taste in the fans mouth.  

Oh I know I was in that thread 😂 I remember one play where one of our lineman got thrown down to the ground and it should have been called but it wasn't 🙄

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

I have a buddy on FB that’s a huge Arky fan. He was fired up all week leading up to the game because “the officials cost us the game last year”. He was on-freaking-fire during the game. I’m just really tired of all the whining about officiating.

It is what it is. I feel like the calls balance themselves out. It’s impossible for most fans-of-teams to see clearly in their team.

24 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I have a buddy on FB that’s a huge Arky fan. He was fired up all week leading up to the game because “the officials cost us the game last year”. He was on-freaking-fire during the game. I’m just really tired of all the whining about officiating.

It is what it is. I feel like the calls balance themselves out. It’s impossible for most fans-of-teams to see clearly in their team.

Also impossible for refs to see and call everything. I just want them to cal what I see….,,

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Also impossible for refs to see and call everything. I just want them to cal what I see….,,

I feel ya man. However, what we see and what they see are two different things. I seriously think one of the biggest problems now is that fans have a waaaaaaaay better view than the officials. 4K HD views are amazing. 

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I feel ya man. However, what we see and what they see are two different things. I seriously think one of the biggest problems now is that fans have a waaaaaaaay better view than the officials. 4K HD views are amazing. 

True !!

8 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Due to issues with the supply chain, the people of Arkansas have had a statewide shortage of golf balls and Mustard. 

...and wins

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

Yeah let’s not forget about the massive gain that led to 7 for Arkansas, thanks to a SC top 10 block by the ref in the middle of the field.

Happened in the 2010 BCSCG too. 100% legal. 

16 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I feel like the calls balance themselves out.

Sometimes, yes. But only if you exclude the 2010 Iron Bowl, 2014 MSU game and 2015 Iron Bowl. Thank you old friend and retiree, Tom Ritter.

hNIhhcDdsKGtvSB-1600x900-noPad.jpg?15265

• Haha 3
  • Angry 1

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Sometimes, yes. But only if you exclude the 2010 Iron Bowl, 2014 MSU game and 2015 Iron Bowl. Thank you old friend and retiree, Tom Ritter.

hNIhhcDdsKGtvSB-1600x900-noPad.jpg?15265

God that Goober I hated when he would be the ref I knew we were in for a long ass game. 😂

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1
  • Love 1