Swing Game

AUght2win

If we win this week at a tough Arkansas team's place, we are 5-2 and control our own destiny in the West. The win would make everyone else on the schedule look very beatable, leading up to an Iron Bowl showdown potentially for the division crown. In the short term, we would carry a ton of momentum into the BYE before a huge showdown against arguably our 2nd toughest opponent left - Ole Miss. 

If we lose, West hopes are essentially over. At 4-3, all our goals will be gone, and we may lose some fight. We might struggle to get to 6 wins.

I think this game could send us shooting up or push us off a cliff. Desperately need to win.

• Like 4

Agreed. It's the tipping point for the season one way or another. We're at where most realistic folks thought we'd be atp, 4-2. Not saying we'd fall off a cliff if we lose tomorrow, BUT we desperately need to regain some confidence and momentum going into the much needed bye week.

Edited by ValleyTiger
  • Like 2

Every game from here out is a tipping point game.  Win this one and the Ole Miss game becomes big.  Win that one and Texas A&M is a big game.  Win that one and Miss State is a big game.  Win that one South Carolina is a big game (for many reasons).  Win that one and the Iron Bowl is a bigger game with playoff implications.  Having the schedule front loaded with our cupcake games helped and hurt Auburn’s opportunity to relax for a minute.  The good news is our guys won’t be taking their eye off the prize.  The bad news is this might get mentally exhausting for players and fans the next couple weeks.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Every game from here out is a tipping point game.  Win this one and the Ole Miss game becomes big.  Win that one and Texas A&M is a big game.  Win that one and Miss State is a big game.  Win that one South Carolina is a big game (for many reasons).  Win that one and the Iron Bowl is a bigger game with playoff implications.  Having the schedule front loaded with our cupcake games helped and hurt Auburn’s opportunity to relax for a minute.  The good news is our guys won’t be taking their eye off the prize.  The bad news is this might get mentally exhausting for players and fans the next couple weeks.

No, this week is different. We lose to Ole Miss, we are still 5-3, still the possibility of a good bowl. Players will still going to be fired up. Losing to Arkansas would be a huge blow. 

This game essentially tells us and the team what chances we have the rest of the way. If we win, we could go 10-2. If we lose, we could go 6-6. 

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

If we win this week at a tough Arkansas team's place, we are 5-2 and control our own destiny in the West. The win would make everyone else on the schedule look very beatable, leading up to an Iron Bowl showdown potentially for the division crown. In the short term, we would carry a ton of momentum into the BYE before a huge showdown against arguably our 2nd toughest opponent left - Ole Miss. 

If we lose, West hopes are essentially over. At 4-3, all our goals will be gone, and we may lose some fight. We might struggle to get to 6 wins.

I think this game could send us shooting up or push us off a cliff. Desperately need to win.

does this mean we need to bring a wife or girlfriend?   lol

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Glad this thread was about football . Really curious until I clicked it . 

Same. Since it wasn't an unmarked door, didn't have a funny smell, and didn't have shady guys with mustaches going in, I figured it was safe. If the first post had included a picture of a hot tub, I would have been right out . . . probably.

Edited by AUx

Bow chicki bow bow ! Oops wrong thread.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AUx said:

Same. Since it wasn't an unmarked door, didn't have a funny smell, and didn't have shady guys with mustaches going in, I figured it was safe. If the first post had included a picture of a hot tub, I would have been right out . . . probably.

Now it’s a party 

Hey Marty turn on Billie Joel and light some candles 

We're only 4-2 because of our 2 cupcakes and GaSt. We beat a bad LSU, but we are a bad team. Terrible on both sides if the ball, playing teams with better players and better coaching from here on out with few exceptions. 

A losing season is in front of us baring massive blowups from opponents. 

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, AUght2win said:

This makes logical sense but historically our new coaches do very good but very unexpected things very quickly...like putz around against PSU, UGa & Arky then beat OM & Bama. Just saying.

8 hours ago, AUght2win said:

No, this week is different. We lose to Ole Miss, we are still 5-3, still the possibility of a good bowl. Players will still going to be fired up. Losing to Arkansas would be a huge blow. 

This game essentially tells us and the team what chances we have the rest of the way. If we win, we could go 10-2. If we lose, we could go 6-6. 

I don’t follow why you think Arkansas and Ole Miss are any different?  Both proved last week to be pretty equal.  Also we play Arkansas on the road and Ole Miss at home.  I’d think losing at home would be much worse than losing in a hostile environment on the road?  Hopefully Auburn won’t lose to either.

2 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

We're only 4-2 because of our 2 cupcakes and GaSt. We beat a bad LSU, but we are a bad team. Terrible on both sides if the ball, playing teams with better players and better coaching from here on out with few exceptions. 

A losing season is in front of us baring massive blowups from opponents. 

An absolute riot at parties, this one.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I don’t follow why you think Arkansas and Ole Miss are any different?  Both proved last week to be pretty equal.  Also we play Arkansas on the road and Ole Miss at home.  I’d think losing at home would be much worse than losing in a hostile environment on the road?  Hopefully Auburn won’t lose to either.

Because one comes before the other. Use your common sense. 

We either go into the Ole Miss game 4-3 or 5-2. We win against Arkansas, and all our goals are still alive. The team will be more motivated, and we'll play better against OM. We lose against Arkansas, we have nothing to play for. The wind is gone from our sails.

Ever hear the phrase "don't let a loss beat you twice?" This game could domino either way. 

Isn't really debatable. Common sense. 

Edited by AUght2win