J.J. Pegues

aubiefifty

Cool. 

Anyway, yes, he can definitely catch. He was very good at it in high school, and he definitely came here as a TE. He was discussed by one guy who was at spring practices this year as one of the two "alpha" TEs on the team. 

That said, he's definitely a DL now. I'm just glad Harsin recognizes how versatile he is and isn't scared to use him where needed. (Which is at more positions than even he can play.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It's been a whirlwind and they've been trying to install new systems on both sides of the ball with a very fluid roster. They've got limited time and reps to get players up to speed at any given position, much less at multiple positions on both sides of the ball. uga and Jordan Davis are on autopilot relative to us. 

I personally am not going to complain that it's taking them some time to make the adjustments. I'm just happy that they are making adjustments at all. 

I just hope this development year results in something of note on D. There's 3 really good TEs that would probably be in front of him, but Shenker's gone soon, and I'd have to think they could've made him a weapon as a hybrid TE/FB sooner than this DT thing will pan out. But I get what they're doing and IF (!) it does work out, you have a hyper athletic, very mobile DT ala a Jordan Davis.

Just a MASSIVE if 

• Like 1

His radius is probably not the greatest, but outside of a badly placed throw by Bo vs UGA last year, I can't even remember when he had a noticeable drop. Don't expect him to be doing much leaping, but (hopefully we have one) our more precise passers next season can stick it on him in the flat and just let him wreak havoc like he did a few times last season 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I just hope this development year results in something of note on D. There's 3 really good TEs that would probably be in front of him, but Shenker's gone soon, and I'd have to think they could've made him a weapon as a hybrid TE/FB sooner than this DT thing will pan out. But I get what they're doing and IF (!) it does work out, you have a hyper athletic, very mobile DT ala a Jordan Davis.

Just a MASSIVE if 

He’s not built like Davis. But built much more for DT than fullback or TE.

On 10/12/2021 at 3:46 PM, JMassie11 said:

Maybe throw him in at FB in the I formation? Wish we would have ran the toss sweep more last week after what I saw on the one play.

I agree.  When u only need a yard or two, he could be a serious weapon.

On 10/12/2021 at 3:28 PM, gravejd said:

I celebrated his move to defense because if he plays in the Pros DT is the position he'll make it at. But i have no issue using him on offense as he continues to learn the DT position. And heck maybe DT isn't for him and it would be such a waste to not use this kid somewhere. Would love to see him lined up at FB for some of the I-formation stuff we do!!

Fortunately, I cannot see how playing on offense would possibly hurt his NFL prospects as a DT.

18 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

His radius is probably not the greatest, but outside of a badly placed throw by Bo vs UGA last year, I can't even remember when he had a noticeable drop. Don't expect him to be doing much leaping, but (hopefully we have one) our more precise passers next season can stick it on him in the flat and just let him wreak havoc like he did a few times last season 

One small note, he did hurdle a guy last year. Pretty sure he can dunk a basketball. Kid is a freak. 

• Like 1