Nix upset with officiating

aubiefifty

This is laughable. We have had more than our fair share of calls. If a call blatantly costs you a game, such as the double dribble or when we beat Arky due to spiked fumble, I'm all for it. Calls go both ways. I understand Bo's frustration as a competitor, but I think it's a bad look to publicly say that in the press conference. Don't think Harsin is one to blame officiating in a blowout. That goes against his mentality imo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tsande07 said:

No, fans don't complain when bad calls go their way. That has nothing to do with whether they are objectively bad calls or not, however.

I guess I don't understand your point. Do you not want well officiated games? 

We are complaining because of the call, if we were on defense and the exact same play happens we aren’t complaining. That’s why I made the comment about fandom. The point has nothing to do with well officiated games. 

Edited by NoALtiger

Penn State had to punt on 3rd down against us in a call that the SEC later publicly admitted was a mistake. Folks here woulda lost their minds. Calls are made or not made every game, hell, every play. Like others have said, we win some we lose some. It happens.   

Edited by NoALtiger

4 hours ago, jAUSon said:

He didn't complain. Tom Green pump-pieced this I'm telling yall

He just made a mild comment on it when some reporter asked him about it directly. Then Green made an AL two-pager about it hugely out of context. Almost like sabotage. 

"Bo Nix didn’t hold back after Auburn’s lopsided loss to Georgia.

The junior quarterback expressed frustration with the officiating in the Tigers’ 34-10 loss to the Bulldogs on Saturday, making particular note of a non-call by the officiating crew during a pivotal moment ...."

That's a lie. He did hold back, and he didnt "make a particular note" about a damn thing. He was asked about this play specifically. This one is so bad I think it should be removed from here. And that's not a hit on aubiefifty. I like these posts. That non- PI call is worthy of discussion but not on a page of Tom Green smearing Bo Nix. If I was Auburn Admin I'd drop Greens creds. 

I understand the hack hyped the title.   But that   play is not the reason we lost.   Bringing it up after a loss makes Auburn look petty and entitled.   I live in Arkansas,  and as you know,  no one has ever beaten the hogs fair and square.   They always lose to the refs.  They sound so ridiculously petty and entitled I am embarrassed for them.    (fun video down below) 

I like Bo.   I think he is an excellent representative for Auburn.   He didn't go overboard,  and he handled it "okay",  but those kinds of calls will be made by refs forever.   The refs are human, they make mistakes.    "It is a shame,  but that happens in football. "  would have been a better response IMHO. 

I like Bo but he was out of bounds with those comments. We have highly paid coaches to address officiating. He needs to stick to improving his game for the good of his team. 

7 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I understand the hack hyped the title.   But that   play is not the reason we lost.   Bringing it up after a loss makes Auburn look petty and entitled

He didn't bring it up. Not at all. Whole point. Wtf is going on here? 

Edited by jAUSon

7 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I like Bo but he was out of bounds with those comments. We have highly paid coaches to address officiating. He needs to stick to improving his game for the good of his team. 

He handled those comments perfectly. He said almost nothing about it. 

Just now, JuscAUse! said:

Aubies being Aubies. We have to be better than everyone else, so we have to take the wrong side of every argument. Just so everyone knows ......... something. 

I swear though. I don't even like Bo that much. The reporter started this. Bo said basically nothing. Green blew it up. Now everybody's mad at Bo. I swear the mods need to snag this one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

I swear though. I don't even like Bo that much. The reporter started this. Bo said basically nothing. Green blew it up. Now everybody's mad at Bo. I swear the mods need to snag this one. 

I deleted this cause I don't like to slam my folks, but I swear some of us will defend bama buying players and slam AU for not cheating. Beats all I've ever seen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, au302 said:

This is laughable. We have had more than our fair share of calls. If a call blatantly costs you a game, such as the double dribble or when we beat Arky due to spiked fumble, I'm all for it. Calls go both ways. I understand Bo's frustration as a competitor, but I think it's a bad look to publicly say that in the press conference. Don't think Harsin is one to blame officiating in a blowout. That goes against his mentality imo

Please go back and read jAUson's post on this. You're missing who the "bad look" is. Any anyone who thinks we get "50% of the calls" against bammer, UGA or LSU (this year being the a most refreshing exception) hasn't watched a lot of AU football. Certainly not the 40 odd years I've watched. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I deleted this cause I don't like to slam my folks, but I swear some of us will defend bama buying players and slam AU for not cheating. Beats all I've ever seen.

We got the best folks. Got trolled on this one. The non PI call is worth arguing the rest of the week, but Bo brushed on it then moved on. Now I need to move on. I'm good to go on this topic.

32 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Please go back and read jAUson's post on this. You're missing who the "bad look" is. Any anyone who thinks we get "50% of the calls" against bammer, UGA or LSU (this year being the a most refreshing exception) hasn't watched a lot of AU football. Certainly not the 40 odd years I've watched. 

I don't disagree, but we did not lose that game due to officiating. We got flat out beat by a better team with better players. I hate to admit it, but it's true. That's why I think its a bad look. Gotta look in the mirror after this one

• Like 1

Bama and GA have been getting away with murder for years.  Was at the A&M v Bama game last night.  As info, Jimbo has been particularly vocal about AL holding and PI...he went apeshit during the game more than once at the officials last night for their no-calls.  Unless you raise hell, officials will just let this crap go.  I believe Bama was called for holding last night 3 times.  But there were two no calls on PI that were definitly BS.  In his post game presser he even mentioned that Alabama was interfering with and holding receivers...he is not being subtle and is challenging the officials.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

He should have followed that with “but I’m even madder at my receivers and all those catches they dropped”. 😂

Or better yet, nothing we can do about those type things, we are concentrating on things we can control as in our own play.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Bama and GA have been getting away with murder for years.  Was at the A&M v Bama game last night.  As info, Jimbo has been particularly vocal about AL holding and PI...he went apeshit during the game more than once at the officials last night for their no-calls.  Unless you raise hell, officials will just let this crap go.  I believe Bama was called for holding last night 3 times.  But there were two no calls on PI that were definitly BS.  In his post game presser he even mentioned that Alabama was interfering with and holding receivers...he is not being subtle and is challenging the officials.

Correct approach is to let coaches handle this.

• Dislike 1

9 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I didn’t think this was hand fighting. He appeared to be pulling down on his back arm to me. If true definitely gives a defensive advantage.

I thought I saw 3 cases where they pulled down our WR's back arm making it visually impossible to catch. Definitely did on the play Bo is referencing.

18 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

I thought I saw 3 cases where they pulled down our WR's back arm making it visually impossible to catch. Definitely did on the play Bo is referencing.

They are well coached.

8 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Correct approach is to let coaches handle this.

Coaches are not allowed to handle this in the SEC except in private by writing. They get fined, increasing every time, when they speak I believe. That was the knock on Tubbs was he sent something every Monday to the SEC office. Officials learned to loathe him. 

• Like 2