LSU and Georgia back to back?

eagle12

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Well, why should our measuring stick be so much greater? Those are flagship schools with much more $ and media power (redundant I know) than we can ever dream of.

Its the measuring stick for the entire country.  Not just us.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

No dude.  You're a pansy for complaining about getting to play South Carolina.  Get it straight.

And on that part, I completely agree with you.

But, we're one of only two teams that has to go up against that measuring stick face to face. And it might be hurting our program in comparison to other teams in the league.

Edited by AUwent

Just now, AUght2win said:

So a tough schedule (Penn State, all these road venues) actually doesn't help us. Which was your original point. We could schedule 4 high schools and play all 12 games at home, and if we won the SEC, we are still in. Does us no extra good to face the task of PSU, then LSU, then UGA in 3 weeks. We'd be better off if they were spaced reasonably. Along with the other schedule issues I've pointed out.

Why would it benefit us this year when we had no chance of making the playoffs? You guys whine all day. Previous to the Penn State game an overwhelming amount of fans just knew we would go in there and win. Now that we loss, you guys are whining. You guys wanted the UGA game moved. It got moved and now there is some more whining. LSU is horrible. Playing LSU and UGA back to back is not an issue. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Well...on that you're right, but I think your other complaints are ridiculous. So basically I find agreement with both you and Brad.

Why do folks on this board refuse to listen to a little nuance? I'm not asking to stop playing UGA. Or Alabama. Hell, I'm on record in here saying I want to trade Tennessee and Florida for Ole Miss and Miss State by going to the East.

My point is we have a tough schedule as-is. There was no need for the SEC office to give us the 3 week stretch we just had, no consecutive home games, and a long road trip a week before Alabama. It was absolutely a bird finger and a message to everybody in the conference: "If you want to mess with our status quo, we will make things harder for you."

Why do folks on this board refuse to listen to a little nuance? I'm not asking to stop playing UGA. Or Alabama. Hell, I'm on record in here saying I want to trade Tennessee and Florida for Ole Miss and Miss State by going to the East.

My point is we have a tough schedule as-is. There was no need for the SEC office to give us the 3 week stretch we just had, no consecutive home games, and a long road trip a week before Alabama. It was absolutely a bird finger and a message to everybody in the conference: "If you want to mess with our status quo, we will make things harder for you."

I'm all for nuance, which is why I partially agree with pretty much everyone in this thread.

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Why would it benefit us this year when we had no chance of making the playoffs? You guys whine all day. Previous to the Penn State game an overwhelming amount of fans just knew we would go in there and win. Now that we loss, you guys are whining. You guys wanted the UGA game moved. It got moved and now there is some more whining. LSU is horrible. Playing LSU and UGA back to back is not an issue. 

Yeah you're no reading what I'm saying. I'm not complaining about who we play. I'm complaining about when and where. I'm all for competition, but nobody else is asked to do what we are asked to do. 

Don't be a revisionist and say everybody knew LSU would suck. They were preseason #16. Theyre less than 2 years from a natty. And regardless, that trip is always brutal. 

The whole idea of us moving UGA was that it was unreasonable to play 2 intense games like that back to back every season. The SEC says "Oh... okay. Here, we'll move UGA to the week after your trip to the toughest environment in CFB. And we'll give you a long road trip before Bama, instead."

There's no need to screw us on scheduling like this. It doesn't help us in any way. 

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Yeah you're no reading what I'm saying. I'm not complaining about who we play. I'm complaining about when and where. I'm all for competition, but nobody else is asked to do what we are asked to do. 

Don't be a revisionist and say everybody knew LSU would suck. They were preseason #16. Theyre less than 2 years from a natty. And regardless, that trip is always brutal. 

The whole idea of us moving UGA was that it was unreasonable to play 2 intense games like that back to back every season. The SEC says "Oh... okay. Here, we'll move UGA to the week after your trip to the toughest environment in CFB. And we'll give you a long road trip before Bama, instead."

There's no need to screw us on scheduling like this. It doesn't help us in any way. 

HAHAH most delusional person on the board half the time, do you know what being a revisionist means? I am speaking from reality. The reality is LSU is not good, so you have no foot to stand on to complain right now. It makes you look pathetic.  You would look real stupid right now if we had scheduled UK and they beat our ass.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Who do you replace LSU with to make it easier?  Seriously asking you to think here.

They are the 2nd worst team on our SEC schedule this year.  It was likely going to be a road game that week, so would you have rather played at A&M, Arkansas, or USC?

12 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

No dude.  You're a pansy for complaining about getting to play South Carolina.  Get it straight.

All vapid stuff. I want a level playing field. Don't change our opponents. But as long as our annual schedule is full of top 5 teams, then the SEC should balance it out with BYEs and home/away logistics. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

HAHAH most delusional person on the board half the time, do you know what being a revisionist means? I am speaking from reality. The reality is LSU is not good, so you have no foot to stand on to complain right now. It makes you look pathetic. You would look real stupid right now if we had scheduled UK and they beat our ass.

UK would pound the crap out of us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

HAHAH most delusional person on the board half the time, do you know what being a revisionist means? I am speaking from reality. The reality is LSU is not good, so you have no foot to stand on to complain right now. It makes you look pathetic. You would look real stupid right now if we had scheduled UK and they beat our ass.

Good grief, DAG. We're talking about scheduling. Are you that stupid? 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

UK would pound the crap out of us.

exactly but prior to the season nobody would've guessed that, right? That is why I don't put too much emphasis on freaking preseason polls. The schedule is what it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Good grief, DAG. We're talking about scheduling. Are you that stupid? 

You are the only stupid one here. You are legit whining about us playing LSU before UGA when LSU is awful. They might be the worst team in the SEC West. What valid argument can you make in this scenario?

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Who do you replace LSU with to make it easier?  Seriously asking you to think here.

They are the 2nd worst team on our SEC schedule this year.  It was likely going to be a road game that week, so would you have rather played at A&M, Arkansas, or USC?

May shock you to know the schedules are released months in advance, when only the venue strength and recent program success can be used to guage how tough a schedule could be. 

Using preseason rankings, the SEC office built this for us:

At #16 LSU (90k+)

Vs. #5 UGA

At. Arkansas (75k+)

BYE

Vs. Ole Miss

At. #6 Texas A&M (100k+)

Vs. Mississippi State

At. South Carolina (80k+)

Vs. #1 Alabama

Given all the info the SEC office had, try and build a tougher theoretical schedule than this one. Pretty tough to do. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

You are the only stupid one here. You are legit whining about us playing LSU before UGA when LSU is awful. They might be the worst team in the SEC West. What valid argument can you make in this scenario?

See my last post and try to comprehend that this has nothing to do with the freaking success or failures of 2021 LSU, or complaining about who we play. Do you really not understand how schedules work? 

We have to play a tougher schedule than anyone else in the country, and instead of the SEC working with us to help balance that out with logistics, they shoot us the bird. My entire point. Don't be dumb enough to bring up LSU's current record. That has nothing to do with the intent of the SEC office here.

See my last post and try to comprehend that this has nothing to do with the freaking success or failures of 2021 LSU, or complaining about who we play. Do you really not understand how schedules work? 

We have to play a tougher schedule than anyone else in the country, and instead of the SEC working with us to help balance that out with logistics, they shoot us the bird. My entire point. Don't be dumb enough to bring up LSU's current record. That has nothing to do with the intent of the SEC office here.

Your post as usual makes zero sense. You didn't even answer the posters question. You just whined about revisionary history, but don't want to comprehend that playing LSU before UGA was not unfair at all. If anything it was beneficial to Auburn as LSU is god awful. They are terrible. You whole premise is on the assumptions that a team will live up to whatever make believe potential they have. I don't live by those rules. You live in LALA land and it shows.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Your post as usual makes zero sense. You didn't even answer the posters question. You just whined about revisionary history, but don't want to comprehend that playing LSU before UGA was not unfair at all. If anything it was beneficial to Auburn as LSU is god awful. They are terrible. You whole premise is on the assumptions that a team will live up to whatever make believe potential they have. I don't live by those rules. You live in LALA land and it shows.

I can't even...

Yeah, Baton Rogue is definitely always an easy place to play. Super thankful the SEC slotted us there. Definitely not somewhere we'd lost for 22 straight years. They did us a big favor putting that as our tune up to UGA, so we could be at our best for one of our 2 biggest opponents. 

Good luck to you, DAG 😂

13 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

May shock you to know the schedules are released months in advance, when only the venue strength and recent program success can be used to guage how tough a schedule could be. 

Using preseason rankings, the SEC office built this for us:

At #16 LSU (90k+)

Vs. #5 UGA

At. Arkansas (75k+)

BYE

Vs. Ole Miss

At. #6 Texas A&M (100k+)

Vs. Mississippi State

At. South Carolina (80k+)

Vs. #1 Alabama

Given all the info the SEC office had, try and build a tougher theoretical schedule than this one. Pretty tough to do. 

They build them over a year in advance.  Our 2022 schedule is already out.

And LSU sucked last year too.

And stadium size?  Thats your worry????  Its the SEC man.  Oklahoma is going to have the 9th largest in the conference when they join.  Everyone has big, loud stadiums (except Vandy).

• Like 1

Yeah, Baton Rogue is definitely always an easy place to play. Super thankful the SEC slotted us there.

So LSU is a good team. Are you seriously trying to make this argument ? Bahaha

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

So LSU is a good team. Are you seriously trying to make this argument ? Bahaha

Dude, you wanna see brutal?  Look what Tennessee has for the next 4 games.

Ole Miss

At Bama

At UK

Georgia

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Ole Miss

At Bama

At UK

Georgia

Right? But we are complaining.  That's insane haha

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

They build them over a year in advance.  Our 2022 schedule is already out.

And LSU sucked last year too.

And stadium size?  Thats your worry????  Its the SEC man.  Oklahoma is going to have the 9th largest in the conference when they join.  Everyone has big, loud stadiums (except Vandy).

Such a bad faith argument. Intentional ignorance. 

Didn't realize people would actually disagree with the notion it was messed up for the SEC to send us to a place we hadn't won in 22 years and follow it up with a Top 5 team. 

But hey, every man can have their own opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Ole Miss

At Bama

At UK

Georgia

Did that look brutal when then schedule was released? No. Would that be brutal on a typical year? No.

Please. Please. Please tell me you understand the concept of long term scheduling. You YOURSELF pointed out these are released a year prior. This is so hilarious. 

I feel like I'm trying to explain the pound of feathers/pound of iron to someone. 

Edited by AUght2win

Did that look brutal when then schedule was released? No. Would that be brutal on a typical year? No.

Please. Please. Please tell me you understand the concept of long term scheduling. This is so hilarious. 

Yes it did.  Some of us have been paying attention to what's going on in Oxford and Lexington.

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Didn't realize people would actually disagree with the notion it was messed up for the SEC to send us to a place we hadn't won in 22 years and follow it up with a Top 5 team. 

But hey, every man can have their own opinion

LSU isn't automatically good just because we haven't won there in 22 years.  Get that through your head.

• Haha 1

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Yes it did.  Some of us have been paying attention to what's going on in Oxford and Lexington.

LSU isn't automatically good just because we haven't won there in 22 years.  Get that through your head.

LALA land

Auburn issues don't equal SEC issues. Individuals for whatever reason don't understand this.

• Like 1