I’m so glad..

WFE12

9 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

That all them recruits were there so they could see we need them. WR, OL, DB whatever…we need you. This game went the way most expected it to…score and all. Now this is a rebuild season so no one should be surprised at this. Even then I’m tired of this moral victory crap so I’m not going there. I didn’t expect this to be a win but what pisses me off is the ref crap and shooting ourselves in the feet constantly. I still believe we can win the rest of the games up until Bama and maybe we win that somehow who knows. The foundation is there for major success in the near future. The team seems like it has heart and we need continue to show recruits Auburn can championships again.

citizen-kane-orson-welles.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

We should be on every top WR and OL we can find. Come here and play now. 

This .

I’ve said it so many times . The land of opportunity is here . Harsin will build AU the right way . 

Little help from some bidnesses talking up budgets for next year’s NIL sponsorships would be nice. Let’s see, Allstate insurance used to be the “good hands people.” Maybe Master Lock wants to talk about impenetrable security. Just need some great recruits to drop some dime on. I don’t care who. But somebody(ies) have marketing dollars they can rescope for next year. Do we not have some AU alums and fans in influential places? Maybe not so much anymore. I’m in a sector that can’t do that kind of marketing. Should be totally legal for them to think out loud about it before signing day. Just saying.

Edited by AUx
  • Like 1

We have two huge needs. The first is we need about four SEC caliber defensive tackles. Second we need 2 left offensive tackles and two right offensive tackles. Next I would say two elite defensive pass rushers. Then we can start looking at upgrading other areas.

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
5 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

Well, he better get busy because we aren’t exactly setting the recruiting woods on fire so far.  

Had roughly 70 recruits visit today alone and over 40 of them were 4/5 stars. Apparently the most impressive visitor list that has ever occurred for a game at Auburn (per others, I have no idea if that’s accurate, but it’s at least noteworthy)

We may not have commitments where we want but this staff is very clearly hard at work

6 minutes ago, AUx said:

Little help from some bidnesses talking up budgets for next year’s NIL sponsorships would be nice. Let’s see, Allstate insurance used to be the “good hands people.” Maybe Master Lock wants to talk about impenetrable security. Just need some great recruits to drop some dime on. I don’t care who. But somebody(ies) have marketing dollars they can rescope for next year. Do we not have some AU alums and fans in influential places? Maybe not so much anymore. I’m in a sector that can’t do that kind of marketing. Should be totally legal for them to think out loud about it before signing day. Just saying.

Jimmy Raine is the richest main in AL. And Tim Cook is the CEO of Apple. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think people will be surprised at the gains theses players will have after a full year under this staff. We're not there, but we're obviously headed on the right path. 

Growing pains suck, but with under-coached young players, it's inevitable.

Not saying it will be this dramatic, but remember Saban year 1 to year 2?  It wasn't all new recruits.  Just a full off-season to work.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Yes, we need to upgrade our talent level in several position groups to compete with an UGa or bama. It's just going to take time. We are competitive with every team in the rest of the league.   

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not saying it will be this dramatic, but remember Saban year 1 to year 2?  It wasn't all new recruits.  Just a full off-season to work.

They went 7-6 in year 1 and lost their last 4 SEC games in a row. Also keep in mind the SEC was nowhere near as good then as it is now. 

Edited by MustardSeed

Just now, jAUSon said:

Bull.

Does anyone keep up with football outside of Auburn? What the heck have we done to say that we can beat Ole Miss or Arkansas? The LSU win? I hope Ole Miss doesn’t blow us out.

Just now, MustardSeed said:

They went 7-6 and lost their last 4 SEC games in a row. Also keep in mind the SEC was nowhere near as good then as it is now. 

Yeah, read the thread.  We're talking about improvement from year 1 to year 2 here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Year 2 play for SEC title

Year 3 win the natty

I doubt we're on THAT trajectory but I agree with the premise. A FULLY installed new culture and way of thinking after a full football season makes a HUGE difference to create the foundation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Does anyone keep up with football outside of Auburn? What the heck have we done to say that we can beat Ole Miss or Arkansas? The LSU win? I hope Ole Miss doesn’t blow us out.

Lots of folks here don't actually watch other teams or conferences man.  Its frustrating.

They both can beat us, but neither are world beaters either.  Everyone on the schedule except Bama is beatable, but also a potential loss based on matchups.

The only shocking loss would be to South Carolina.

1 minute ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Year 2 play for SEC title

Year 3 win the natty

I doubt we're on THAT trajectory but I agree with the premise. A FULLY installed new culture and way of thinking after a full football season makes a HUGE difference to create the foundation.

Yup.  Definitely not that trajectory, but maybe 9 wins next year, 10 the next.  Just steady improvement as the program builds.

• Like 1

Today was a well coached game. Not just saying that to make myself feel better, it's the truth. Just need to overhaul the roster in several areas. Comes down to recruiting at this point

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Lots of folks here don't actually watch other teams or conferences man.  Its frustrating.

They both can beat us, but neither are world beaters either.  Everyone on the schedule except Bama is beatable, but also a potential loss based on matchups.

The only shocking loss would be to South Carolina.

Which is why I expect a split. At very least, need to beat USCe and one of the "swing games," which will get us to a bowl.

Edited by AUwent