how close to auburn was this?

aubiefifty

11 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

that sounds like it.  I remember it having a walled in pavilion (or garage)  on the side.   About the size of Harry's  on Opelika rd.   About the same sanitary level.

You bet, it only lasted a couple weekends.   Most of us were just 18 years old and all fluckered-up.    I don't know if anyone was officially running the place.  I am not even sure there was anyone there serving us.  Small, dark and  dilapidated.   If it was run by anyone,  it must have been an old rum runner that just did not give a crap about anything.  It was a blast.   LOL

if you pass toomers corner and pass M n J's store there is an old concrete block building down on the left that used to have bands and my mom would go dancing at. i know she had a friend was a great dancer she got my first name from which i thought was strange.

Edited by aubiefifty
forgot info
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/8/2021 at 6:06 PM, Quietmaninthecorner said:

kind of on the same topic,  Does anyone remember where the bar called "The  Alamo"  used to be.     It was the first bar I ever went into as a freshman at auburn.  The only bar I knew of that they didn't card underaged drinkers at the time. 

I think I remember it being on the north side of  280, west of the bottle about15-20 minutes.     Mid 1980's it was already seriously dilapidated. Torn down maybe 1989ish.    May be out toward Waverly.    

I don't remember The Alamo.

• Haha 2