'One of the best defenses I've faced'

aubiefifty

Nix on Georgia: 'One of the best defenses I've faced'

Last Updated 19 hours ago
8-9 minutes

Nix on Georgia: 'One of the best defenses I've faced'

Bo Nix (10) during the Auburn vs. Georgia game on Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

Auburn has one of the most difficult schedules in the nation. That much is true for the Tigers, with Top 5 opponents Georgia and Alabama remaining on the schedule and having already faced playoff-hopeful Penn State.

Quarterback Bo Nix and Auburn have been put through the wringer early into the 2021 season, with night trips to Happy Valley and Death Valley — both known for their tough atmospheres to road opponents.

Now, Nix and company are happy to be back home under the lights of Jordan-Hare Stadium and under the unrelenting screams and shouts of the Auburn faithful, when the Tigers host No. 2 Georgia on Saturday.

“It’s just really fun to have a rivalry game like this in Jordan-Hare Stadium," Nix said. “I think that Auburn definitely compares and goes up against those other teams, the kind of traditional historical ones for being loud, I think Auburn’s right there with them.”

Coming off a 37-0 thrashing of then-ranked No. 8 Arkansas, Georgia’s defense looks even more menacing than its highly-productive offense, which dropped 24 points on the Razorbacks in the first half alone. Having played a Top 5 Georgia team before, Nix is making it clear that he isn’t shying away from the fight.

"One of the better teams I've faced, really in college," Nix said about Georgia. "They have one of the best defenses that I've faced, and the challenge is definitely there. But I think we're willing to accept it, play clean, compete until the final seconds, and see how the game goes from there."

Georgia's defense is led by some of the biggest bodies in the SEC, with a 6-foot-3 defensive lineman being considered undersized when compared to the rest of the position's players. Led by 340-pound Jordan Davis, the Bulldog's front seven might be the best in the SEC, or arguably the entire NCAA.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

One of the better teams I've faced, really in college," Nix said about Georgia. "They have one of the best defenses that I've faced, and the challenge is definitely there. But I think we're willing to accept it, play clean, compete until the final seconds, and see how the game goes from there."

Hopefully Georgia will too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2