‘We have to limit him,’

aubiefifty

‘We have to limit him,’ Bo Nix explains how Auburn will handle Jordan Davis

Lance Dawe

Thu, October 7, 2021, 4:00 PM

Jordan Davis should not be able to move the way that he does.

Listed at 6’6″, 340 pounds, Davis has been making plays in opposing backfields all season for Georgia. He currently has10 tackles, three TFLs, 1.5 sacks, and four quarterback hurries over the span of five games.

Here is what Bo Nix had to say about defensive lineman Jordan Davis and how Auburn is going to prepare for him.

I’ve played guys like (Jordan Davis) before. I’ve never had a huge issue with it. I’ve just got to go out there and play my own game… At the end of the day, we have to do our best to block him. (Davis) is going to make his plays, and that’s why he’s going to be a great draft pick, so we just have to limit the amount of times he is making plays, we have to do our job and let him beat us, not us beat ourselves. We can’t let him or (any of Georgia’s players) have free shots at us and disrupting our plays. we jsut have to do a good job of playing clean.

As Nix mentioned, Auburn will need to be sound up front not just against Davis, but the entire defensive front for the Bulldogs.

• Like 1

I’m just glad I’m not the Auburn center or one of the guards tomorrow!  They got their work cut out for them!   We need to do some running to plays to the outside, swing passes and stuff like that.  Get him running sideline to sideline and hopefully wear him out.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I’m just glad I’m not the Auburn center or one of the guards tomorrow!  They got their work cut out for them!   We need to do some running to plays to the outside, swing passes and stuff like that.  Get him running sideline to sideline and hopefully wear him out.  

i am hoping worm has a huge game coming out of the backfield and catching passes. i think it is key.

• Like 2

Just run a ton of  "pulling /trap"  type plays design to blindside him.  Over and over.  We need to pick on him all game long.   This is where Pegues  coming from TE would have been very helpful. 

34 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Just run a ton of  "pulling /trap"  type plays design to blindside him.  Over and over.  We need to pick on him all game long.   This is where Pegues  coming from TE would have been very helpful. 

Where has Pegues been? Maybe I just missed him. (Only been able to watch PSU and LSU game this year FWIW)

48 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I believe JJ was on a few offensive plays . 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

we have to do our job and let him beat us

I hope this was an accidental mis-speak or mis-quote😳

Your job is to NOT let him beat you 

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

I hope this was an accidental mis-speak or mis-quote😳

Your job is to NOT let him beat you 

He meant, “Make him beat us.” Still, would have been better not to go there at all and not imply there’s any way he ‘could’ beat us the way we’re going to play tomorrow. We have sometimes been successful at shutting down opposing stars when we meet them (QBs and RBs mainly). Just can’t let somebody else on the opposing squad become a star in the process :)

• Like 1

Our OL will just have to play their meanest game of the season and impose their will on them, not the other way around. A nice set of brass knuckles for our center might help too.

Edited by IronMan70

13 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Our OL will just have to play their meanest game of the season and impose their will on them, not the other way around. A set of brass knuckles might help too.

you would think after getting embarrassed by them last year... that's all we saw from the spring into fall camp was the highlight film on espn/sec network how they dominated our line. this should be REDEMPTION TIME BABY!!!!11

• Like 1

Here's what we need to be successful on offense:

1. the itinerary of where/when Uga has their pre-game, and a list of folks working there

2. 20 gals or so of magnesium citrate.

It'll be smooth sailing from there

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, USATiger said:

Here's what we need to be successful on offense:

1. the itinerary of where/when Uga has their pre-game, and a list of folks working there

2. 20 gals or so of magnesium citrate.

It'll be smooth sailing from there

The visitor's locker room at JHS would end up being a very unpleasant place to be.

5 hours ago, woodford said:

Where has Pegues been? Maybe I just missed him. (Only been able to watch PSU and LSU game this year FWIW)

Pegues has moved to defense.  I saw him on the field vs. LSU.

6 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

@Quietmaninthecorner That's really a great idea. Wouldn't it be something if Pegues actually trots out on the field at TE for this game with plays specifically designed for him to maul their NT ? I would pay extra to see that and it would work.

• Like 1