Tank Unhappy?

AUght2win

The way to respond, correctly, is for tank to put in the work.  Kind of like Nix, 2+ years of being asked, and last week was when he decided to show up early, stay late, and work on the things being asked of him.  Tank, we need you to keep that same energy.  

Personally, I want to see more Shivers and more Hunter.  Shivers blocks well, runs well, and damn sure is a huge threat in the passing game.   My biggest complaint from last weekend, is he wasn't on the field more.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Swing passes. Screens. Get 'em both on the field at the same time. My feelings are you never allow the other team to dictate who gets the ball for you. The Titans aren't gonna just not use Derrick Henry one week because of the opposing scheme. Got to lean on our best players regardless.

Henry wasn't nearly as successful before Tannehill arrived. 

1 minute ago, cbo said:

I don't think the play calling has been bad. There have been a lot of plays left out on the field. I'd like to see more running, but you can't be one dimensional. Bobo is working with what he has. 

I think the bottomline is get your best players the ball. Our best player is our first team All SEC back. Hunter ain't too shabby either. Saban said it best "You call plays for players. You don't just call plays." 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed

Let’s see if I can look into this a little too much…

in the pic he’s laying down. The last 2 weeks he’s played with the energy level that matches the pic, laying down so maybe he intends to keep laying down on the job.  🤷‍♂️🤣

j/k but makes as much sense as anything else. 

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I think the bottomline is get your best players the ball. Our best player is our first team All SEC back. Hunter ain't too shabby either. Saban said it best "You call plays for players. You don't just call plays." 

I don't completely disagree. But the problem is we only have two great players on offense. They happen to both play RB. Hell, the 3rd best player on offense is probably a RB, too. And you can't just run the ball every play when the defense is doing everything to take that away. 

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Saban also wouldn’t run all night into a box with 8-9 guys in it which is what LSU did the entire game. He’d adapt the gameplan same as Bobo had to. LSU sold out to stop the run and forced us to have to beat them with the pass. So that’s what we did. Running into that anyway when the O-Line wasn’t creating holes would have just meant endless 3 and outs and single digit scoring total. You don’t just run no matter what. That’s Gus ball and what got him fired

1 minute ago, cbo said:

I don't completely disagree. But the problem is we only have two great players on offense. They happen to both play RB. Hell, the 3rd best player on offense is probably a RB, too. And you can't just run the ball every play when the defense is doing everything to take that away. 

If your front is better than the other team's you actually can. 2013 I think we threw the ball less than 10 times at both Arkansas and Tennessee. Running the ball is about push and wearing down the opponent, even if they know what's coming. 

Now, we won't always have a more dominant front. But I didn't see anything last week that made me think we couldn't run on LSU, regardless of their scheme. 

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

Saban also wouldn’t run all night into a box with 8-9 guys in it which is what LSU did the entire game. He’d adapt the gameplan same as Bobo had to. LSU sold out to stop the run and forced us to have to beat them with the pass. So that’s what we did. Running into that anyway when the O-Line wasn’t creating holes would have just meant endless 3 and outs and single digit scoring total. You don’t just run no matter what. That’s Gus ball and what got him fired

People keep saying this. Show me stills of the "8 and 9" men in the box. Literally 9 men in the box??? I missed that.

If your front is better than the other team's you actually can. 2013 I think we threw the ball less than 10 times at both Arkansas and Tennessee. Running the ball is about push and wearing down the opponent, even if they know what's coming. 

Now, we won't always have a more dominant front. But I didn't see anything last week that made me think we couldn't run on LSU, regardless of their scheme. 

Well, that's the other problem. Our front is not dominant. You know this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Well, that's the other problem. Our front is not dominant. You know this. 

True. But they can run on a team like LSU. You just have to be better than the other guys, most of the time. 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

People keep saying this. Show me stills of the "8 and 9" men in the box. Literally 9 men in the box??? I missed that.

Bo’s now famous play is one I remember. You could almost call it 10 in the box

927ED83E-178A-4FCD-AF22-1E4E8AD06307.png

18 minutes ago, USATiger said:

The way to respond, correctly, is for tank to put in the work.  Kind of like Nix, 2+ years of being asked, and last week was when he decided to show up early, stay late, and work on the things being asked of him.  Tank, we need you to keep that same energy.  

Personally, I want to see more Shivers and more Hunter.  Shivers blocks well, runs well, and damn sure is a huge threat in the passing game.   My biggest complaint from last weekend, is he wasn't on the field more.  

Shivers has been great. I'd like to see more too.

Just now, MustardSeed said:

Bo’s now famous play is one I remember. You could almost call it 10 in the box

927ED83E-178A-4FCD-AF22-1E4E8AD06307.png

Homie that's 4th and 2. Goodness. Show me a look like that on first and 10 - which Bobo threw on nearly every time. 

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Yep

We'll see. The reactions to this have been weird. Tank sat out the bowl and was said to be seriously considering leaving. To act like this unthinkable given the context is silly.

Guest MustardSeed
10 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Homie that's 4th and 2. Goodness. Show me a look like that on first and 10 - which Bobo threw on nearly every time. 

You’ve got the same access everyone else has to replays. Have at it. 8 in the box was regular and 9 happened occasionally. All plays are situational. 4th and 2 at the 30 still has big risks of passing plays. They still put 9 in the box and dared us to throw it. 

Edited by MustardSeed

• 1st & 10 at AUB 30

(14:55 - 1st) Bo Nix run for 4 yds to the Aub 34

• 1st & 10 at LSU 47

(13:52 - 1st) Tank Bigsby run for a loss of 7 yards to the Aub 46

• 1st & 10 at AUB 25

(6:20 - 1st) Tank Bigsby run for 7 yds to the Aub 32

• 1st & 10 at LSU 37

(3:25 - 1st) Bo Nix run for 4 yds to the LSU 33

• 1st & 10 at LSU 46

(12:40 - 2nd) Jarquez Hunter run for 5 yds to the LSU 41

• 1st & 10 at LSU 48

(7:01 - 2nd) Jarquez Hunter run for 7 yds to the LSU 41

• 1st & 10 at LSU 32

(6:12 - 2nd) Bo Nix run for 6 yds to the LSU 26

• 1st & 10 at LSU 38

(0:31 - 2nd) Bo Nix run for 6 yds to the LSU 32

• 1st & 10 at AUB 25

(10:49 - 3rd) Bo Nix run for 2 yds to the Aub 27

• 1st & 10 at AUB 35

(2:59 - 3rd) Jarquez Hunter run for no gain to the Aub 35

• 1st & 10 at LSU 45

(2:14 - 3rd) Tank Bigsby run for 5 yds to the LSU 40

• 1st & 10 at LSU 29

(0:59 - 3rd) Bo Nix run for 12 yds to the LSU 17 for a 1ST down

• 1st & Goal at LSU 5

(14:16 - 4th) Bo Nix run for 5 yds for a TD, (Anders Carlson KICK)

• 1st & 10 at AUB 25

(13:10 - 4th) Tank Bigsby run for 1 yd to the Aub 26

• 1st & 10 at AUB 8

(6:57 - 4th) Bo Nix run for 11 yds to the Aub 19 for a 1ST down

• 1st & Goal at LSU 9

(3:25 - 4th) Jarquez Hunter run for 8 yds to the LSU 1

As you can see, we most certainly did not throw the ball "almost every single time" on 1st down....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1) Tank seemed to be pulling on his leg or reaching down to his foot after this TD on the sideline. Caddy came over and seemed to be checking on him. Maybe he is giving us a hint.

2) Tank has had 27 carries for 87 yards the last two games, and he had 2 key drops in the LSU game. Hopefully he isn't unhappy with the folks around him or the coaching staff.

54 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

If you don't love drama how can you follow Auburn, the most dramatic team in American sports. 

There are the people who consume it and the people who produce it. "Just Say No" to being a producer. It's not a good look for a southern man.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, metafour said:
  • 1st & 10 at AUB 30

(14:55 - 1st) Bo Nix run for 4 yds to the Aub 34

• 1st & 10 at LSU 47

(13:52 - 1st) Tank Bigsby run for a loss of 7 yards to the Aub 46

• 1st & 10 at AUB 25

(6:20 - 1st) Tank Bigsby run for 7 yds to the Aub 32

• 1st & 10 at LSU 37

(3:25 - 1st) Bo Nix run for 4 yds to the LSU 33

• 1st & 10 at LSU 46

(12:40 - 2nd) Jarquez Hunter run for 5 yds to the LSU 41

• 1st & 10 at LSU 48

(7:01 - 2nd) Jarquez Hunter run for 7 yds to the LSU 41

• 1st & 10 at LSU 32

(6:12 - 2nd) Bo Nix run for 6 yds to the LSU 26

• 1st & 10 at LSU 38

(0:31 - 2nd) Bo Nix run for 6 yds to the LSU 32

• 1st & 10 at AUB 25

(10:49 - 3rd) Bo Nix run for 2 yds to the Aub 27

• 1st & 10 at AUB 35

(2:59 - 3rd) Jarquez Hunter run for no gain to the Aub 35

• 1st & 10 at LSU 45

(2:14 - 3rd) Tank Bigsby run for 5 yds to the LSU 40

• 1st & 10 at LSU 29

(0:59 - 3rd) Bo Nix run for 12 yds to the LSU 17 for a 1ST down

• 1st & Goal at LSU 5

(14:16 - 4th) Bo Nix run for 5 yds for a TD, (Anders Carlson KICK)

• 1st & 10 at AUB 25

(13:10 - 4th) Tank Bigsby run for 1 yd to the Aub 26

• 1st & 10 at AUB 8

(6:57 - 4th) Bo Nix run for 11 yds to the Aub 19 for a 1ST down

• 1st & Goal at LSU 9

(3:25 - 4th) Jarquez Hunter run for 8 yds to the LSU 1

As you can see, we most certainly did not throw the ball "almost every single time" on 1st down....

That's out of nearly 30 plays, and some of these are bo scrambles. You did the opposite of what you were trying to do.

Just now, creed said:

There are the people who consume it and the people who produce it. "Just Say No" to being a producer. It's not a good look for a southern man.

Goodness gracious, man.

Try to start a controversy much? Geez 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Goodness gracious, man.

ditto