New Statues Coming This Week

Proud Tiger

2 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

He gets a poster. 👍

Hare, Jordan and Dye did a lot more for AU than Chizik did IMHO

• Like 2

^^^^^^^^^

I went to the ceremony. It was first class and very touching hearing David Housel, Bo, Pat Jr,. etc. Guests included Gene Stallings, the Georgia AD, Vince Dooley and his wife Barbara (an Auburn grad an my high school classmate). Bo was very impressive and so different from the stuttering young man I first met when he was a freshman. Pretty amazing he turned down $5 million to stay one more year at Auburn but Bo has always been a first class character as well as a great athlete,

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Pretty amazing he turned down $5 million to stay one more year at Auburn but Bo has always been a first class character as well as a great athlete,

I can understand why some of the players take the money these days when they grew up with little. I also think the message of this story was not only about what Coach Dye had instilled in him but what other players stand to gain by committing to something and seeing it through. To each player his own, but Bo's commitment to not only Coach Dye but also his mother was a word that he was going to honor. What Bo gave to Auburn is immeasurable but what Auburn gave to Bo is as well. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 12:01 PM, SRBautigerfan said:

He gets a poster. 👍

Chizik was a good man and decent coach. I liked his book. Unfortunately his public relations was terrible and played a big part in his ultimate demise. He stopped the Thursday night in-person radio broadcast. He moved it to the radio station and required he be given caller's questions in advance before he answered. That's just one example.. He was paranoid about anyone watching practice, even kids watching through the fence. So he put up black paper all along the fences. He and I got into it about that one day at practice and he didn't like it. I never went to practice again. That and other things were his prerogative as coach but he didn't make many friends with his attitude.