Can Auburn solve Georgia’s defense?

aubiefifty

15 minutes ago, keesler said:

Possibly but Kirby would be stupid as hell to not have WM pouring over film study, opponents offensive tendencies and input on defensive schemes and personnel packages.   

13 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

True, brings a lot to the table. I believe WM is there trying to learn recruiting from Smart, also.

Muschamp is the Special teams coach

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Muschamp is the Special teams coach

I forgot about the crazy Cochran in rehab.  

How convenient to have a 2 time former HC on staff to jump in and take over ST along with filling in on the recruiting trail :-\

I'm not in to moral victories often, but I really think we can build some momentum even in a somewhat close loss. If we cover the spread and look halfway competent offensively on this defense, that's more than anyone else this year can say.We will have proven that we can move the ball on an elite defense.

I still want to win more than anything, but I'll also be content if we come out and just look disciplined and competent. I'm sick of playing UGA and looking like we aren't in the same zip code as them. 

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

I forgot about the crazy Cochran in rehab.  

How convenient to have a 2 time former HC on staff to jump in and take over ST along with filling in on the recruiting trail :-\

Yeah for sure... Although they got hit with 3 illegal formations last week on punts. 😂

Edited by Randman5000
  • Haha 3

Man Uga is smug and cocky this week. I mean I know they are good but wow, the people that cover their football team are talking like it is the best team ever. Maybe it is... It will be hell if they somehow win every game. 

17 minutes ago, keesler said:

I don't mean to pick apart your post but:

I think most folks know what uga's defense can do and we know they can take over in the trenches and make a QB miserable. They'll stick with the run on Saturday because they blew up our defense last year by running it straight behind their center & guards, and they slashed us.  Kirby will want to try that again until we stop it.  Kirby loves to drain the clock while keeping his defense rested and their run game does that well. 

You are correct though, no defense has forced them to win with the passing game.  We'll see if our defense can get constant pressure on their QB and if they can,  then we'll disrupt their backfield forcing him throw quick passes.

Uga has an overwhelming talent advantage with a rock solid DC in Muschamp and they'll do just enough on offense to pull out the win.  Auburn still hasn't found consistency or an identity with the new staff, still a long way to go.  Win or Lose, WDE.

Not to pick apart your post not picking apart my post 🙂 ; but....we know GA's defense last year could do that...they haven't played a competent offense this year.  Not saying we are a fully formed offense either; but the game plan we used against LSU is a good one; plays to our strengths, limits exposure of our weaknesses and is something we can execute well...and we have more talent than the other teams that have played them to this point.  Also, we don't turn the ball over...not sure if anyone has really noticed that...but Bo is now on one of the longest no-INT streaks in NCAA history...#2 behind Trevor Lawrence.  GA is averaging over 2 INT's per game.  We play as hard as we have the last couple of games; we win TO battle and with continued playbook improvements, we win this game.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUStew87 said:

I think Shivers and Bo's legs are the key to success Saturday. Stretch the field with sweeps and screens to make those big boys on the DL run. Work Hunter into the rotation to keep them honest. I would love to see Hunter in the backfield and Shivers in the slot at the same time like we did with Mason and Grant.

Score Prediction for an AU victory: 19-16. 

We should use 2 HB sets for sure

12 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Not to pick apart your post not picking apart my post 🙂 ; but....we know GA's defense last year could do that...they haven't played a competent offense this year.  Not saying we are a fully formed offense either; but the game plan we used against LSU is a good one; plays to our strengths, limits exposure of our weaknesses and is something we can execute well...and we have more talent than the other teams that have played them to this point.  Also, we don't turn the ball over...not sure if anyone has really noticed that...but Bo is now on one of the longest no-INT streaks in NCAA history...#2 behind Trevor Lawrence.  GA is averaging over 2 INT's per game.  We play as hard as we have the last couple of games; we win TO battle and with continued playbook improvements, we win this game.  

Auburn does protect the ball very well, but just like uga hasn't played a competent offense (even though Arky was #17 in total offense before playing uga, after playing uga they are #55), we haven't played a defense of uga's caliber.  We didn't play hard the last couple of games and vs GaState they stymied our offense and punked our defense around for much of the game until the last minutes when the offense fought back for the come from behind win.  The win vs LSU was phenomenal and Bo played lights out, it was a tight game till the end.  LSU is in the dumps 2 yrs in a row now. 

We are inconsistent, which is to be expected with a new staff & schemes.  I hope for playbook improvements, I just see it with the talent discrepancy on the LOS. 

51 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Man Uga is smug and cocky this week. I mean I know they are good but wow, the people that cover their football team are talking like it is the best team ever. Maybe it is... It will be hell if they somehow win every game. 

This has happened every year since 1980, until they lose.

• Like 1

Defense - No explosive or gash plays. Make thuga throw it 30-40 times. Make thuga EARN every inch.

Offense - The OL and Bo have to be locked in and mistake free, almost perfect. Harsin/Bobo creative play calling will really be put to the test. We saw glimpses of it vs. LSU last week. Quick pitches, RPO's, heavy TE and RB usage in the pass game. Thuga's defense may stop us again, but they have a lot more to plan for this year.

Between the two, I feel the defense has a chance to make a bigger impact. 

• Like 1

Since Bobo knows Smart and Muschamp so well and they know him ( supposedly 3 best friends), I think we need to rely more on Harsin tendencies than Bobo’s. That and pray a lot! I feel bad for Brahms facing that #99 nose guard.  I bet he’s having nightmares. 😂

24 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Defense - No explosive or gash plays. Make thuga throw it 30-40 times. Make thuga EARN every inch.

Offense - The OL and Bo have to be locked in and mistake free, almost perfect. Harsin/Bobo creative play calling will really be put to the test. We saw glimpses of it vs. LSU last week. Quick pitches, RPO's, heavy TE and RB usage in the pass game. Thuga's defense may stop us again, but they have a lot more to plan for this year.

Between the two, I feel the defense has a chance to make a bigger impact. 

Agreed.

Mason will have make quick adjustments when needed and his guys better play aggressive to get through that line to the QB.  Force a few turnovers would be nice. ☺️

• Like 1