Arkansas 11 AM Kickoff

aubiefifty

Kickoff time, TV network options announced for Auburn vs. Arkansas

By Tom Green | tgreen@al.com
1-2 minutes

Auburn’s trip to Arkansas on Oct. 16 will be an early one.

The SEC announced Monday that the Week 7 matchup between the Tigers and Razorbacks will kick off at 11 a.m. from Razorback Stadium. The game will be broadcast on either CBS or ESPN, with a final network designation to be determined at the end of this weekend’s games.

The Oct. 16 matchup between the two SEC West foes will mark their 31st all-time matchup. Auburn leads the all-time series, 18-11-1, and has won five straight games against Arkansas. That includes last year’s 30-28 win in Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Auburn’s last loss in Fayetteville, Ark., came in 2015, when the Tigers fell in a quadruple-overtime thriller. Auburn has won eight of its 14 games on the road in the series.

Before the two teams meet in Week 7, No. 18 Auburn will welcome No. 2 Georgia to the Plains this weekend. No. 13 Arkansas will travel to No. 17 Ole Miss.

Tom Green is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @Tomas_Verde.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I hate early games at home but love them on the road. 

we used to struggle in those early games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

we used to struggle in those early games.

I know. It puts a huge damper on the crowd, which is why I hate early home games but welcome them on the road. 

I dont understand the 11am games.  Surely there is a mid-afternoon slot that would work on the SEC Network vs having an 11am kick.  And, im not referring to just this games, all games in general at 11am.

Also dont understand why the BIG 10 always sets their biggest games for noon kicks.

• WarTiger changed the title to Arkansas 11 AM Kickoff

Us and 11 am kickoffs don't really like each other. I cannot remember ever having a good 1st quarter with an 11 am start.

Edited by tbone4jc

2 hours ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

I dont understand the 11am games.  Surely there is a mid-afternoon slot that would work on the SEC Network vs having an 11am kick.  And, im not referring to just this games, all games in general at 11am.

Also dont understand why the BIG 10 always sets their biggest games for noon kicks.

I remember BIG games always kicking off early from when I was a kid. (Ohio boy here) I remember trips to the Big House the night before the game and tailgating in the crisp morning air. I miss those days...

Because they were getting their butts kicked at the 330 and 7 time slots.  They can't compete with the big SEC and ACC games so they avoided them completely.

• Like 1

Someone posted in another thread that noon games have been getting great ratings this season (I have not seen the numbers fwiw)

We have a totally new staff. I don't think we can predetermine how Auburn will play during early games vs later games based upon prior performance. Everything is new again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wakeriderof87 said:

Because they were getting their butts kicked at the 330 and 7 time slots.  They can't compete with the big SEC and ACC games so they avoided them completely.

Random question...are you from Florida?  Username is familiar to a friend  on a golf forum I use to frequent.

Edited by j0hnnyRingo

20 hours ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

I was told that the Big 10 does early kickoffs since it gets hella cold up there later in the afternoon/evening, especially later in the year.