Harsin expects a 'rocking' atmosphere

aubiefifty

Harsin expects a 'rocking' atmosphere for home game against Georgia

ByMark Murphy
3-4 minutes

AUBURN, Alabama–As Auburn prepares to take on the undefeated Georgia Bulldogs, the nation’s No. 2 ranked team, Coach Bryan Harsin said this is the type of challenge that college football players and coaches should look forward to facing.

“This is why you play,” said Harsin, who is 4-1 in his first season as Auburn’s head coach. “You look forward to weeks like this to come into a game and be at home.

“I know our crowd is going to be great,” he said. “Looking forward to that and we are going to need to be. We need that homefield advantage so that place should be rocking. Our guys will be looking forward to being out there and playing in front of them.”

Georgia brings a 5-0 record into the contest at Jordan-Hare Stadium and back-to-back beat-downs of SEC opponents Vanderbilt (62-0) and Arkansas (37-0). The Bulldogs dominated both opponents from the start to finish.

Auburn comes into the contest with a 1-0 SEC record after rallying with two fourth quarter touchdown drives to win 24-19 on Saturday night at LSU.

“The work we do and the mentality we bring to this week is going to be extremely important to our success and everybody should be excited about the opportunity and the challenge that we have in front of us,” said Harsin, as his Tigers prepare for a 2:30 p.m. CDT contest that will be televised on CBS.

Auburn will be trying to snap a four-game losing streak in matchups to the Bulldogs in the SEC’s oldest rivalry.

“Our guys should be excited,” Harsin said. “It is a new week, new opportunity, new challenge against a really, really good team. Hopefully, most importantly, it is a chance for us to kind of build off what we have done this season so far.

“I am very proud of our guys for the LSU win being on the road and the different challenges that you have to face that you are on the road and you find a way to win against a good football team,” the coach added.

Harsin said this week’s opponent qualifies as a very good team.

“Georgia is complete in all three phases. When you watch them, you pop on tape, you can see why they have the record they do and the type of performances they have. They have got very good players. They play hard.

17COMMENTS

“They are well coached and that shows up on a consistent basis on film so really a credit to them for the type of consistency that they've shown throughout this season. They have got a lot of great players–too many to mention–but some guys that really stand out on all three phases, really.”

• Like 1

Just one more reason why every game matters. Just imagine how much more hyped this crowd is going to be than if we had lost either of the last two games. I don't think anyone is going into this shouting "Yes we can" but I think a lot of us are thinking "Maybe we can?" even if we're not saying it out loud. That's reason enough to get rowdy for Auburn folks. 

2:30 kickoff. Hopefully the sun makes it a little harder for them in the 2nd half. 

• Like 6

YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN! Believing is half the battle! If you go in there with a maybe attitude you already lost. War Eagle and IGTBAAT! I am always hyped when we play GA because anything can happen! It's our time!

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Just one more reason why every game matters. Just imagine how much more hyped this crowd is going to be than if we had lost either of the last two games. I don't think anyone is going into this shouting "Yes we can" but I think a lot of us are thinking "Maybe we can?" even if we're not saying it out loud. That's reason enough to get rowdy for Auburn folks. 

2:30 kickoff. Hopefully the sun makes it a little harder for them in the 2nd half. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN! Believing is half the battle! If you go in there with a maybe attitude you already lost. War Eagle and IGTBAAT! I am always hyped when we play GA because anything can happen! It's our time!

I am guessing the coaches and players share your sentiment.

I'll just be watching on TV from out of state so hopefully my tempered optimism isn't a factor.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, creed said:

CBH is in for a treat. The pregame and the first few minutes of the game will be loud. But if the Tigers keep it close all the way to the end Harsin will realize what an asset he has in the LOUDEST stadium in the nation. He will literally say "Holy S4it".

Jordan-Hare wins ballgames.

This is a true statement.

Guest MustardSeed
3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Posible se puede?  Nah, not digging it 😂

The first defensive stand by Auburn will be huge.  Make a stop and that place will be rocking.  Let UGA run down the field the uh ohs will start.

Guest MustardSeed
13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

¿Que donde el bano me llamo Loof? 

What where the bathroom I’m called loof?  🤔😂

With Owen and Zakoby, we have a strong rushing D. Hopefully that continues Saturday.

Also, looks like Stetson Bennett went 18/40 with 3 INTs @Bama last year in the only comparable road game scenario. 

Feeling optimistic that we can hold them to <20 if we don't give up points on offense or special teams.

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m sure y’all are in the wrong thread.

They mistakenly hit #2 on the key pad.

25 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

What where the bathroom I’m called loof?  🤔😂

Whoa, me too! Lol what are the chances

(My middle school Spanish teacher was... not the best... and my 1st grader daughter is taking waaaay too long to become fluent so she can teach me and her mom. Really expected more by now tbqh. It's already October.)

Edited by McLoofus
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Whoa, me too! Lol what are the chances

(My middle school Spanish teachers was... not the best... and my 1st grader daughter is taking waaaay too long to become fluent so she can teach me and her mom. Really expected more by now tbqh. It's already October.)

Uh, have you told her she's a failure yet? 

• Haha 2