Shenker

RunInRed

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not even close to where we want to be or need to be overall, and I know those stats are padded by those first two games... but I *love* the distribution and yards per catch relative to what we've been used to. 

Yeah, I like to watch the box score on ESPN.com throughout the game and, regardless of the competition, It's been a welcome sight to see how many players show up with stats under "receiving".

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

We have too many on roster as it is now that we have to trim. Wouldn't be surprised if Butch tells him to stick to football.

Maybe so, but he's going to struggle to make an NFL roster, only bc he is a short 6'4"(if he is that at all), and at 249 lbs, that is not close to an ideal weigh for TEs.

He will learn the TE position better now under the offense of Harsin/Bobo, so much more than all his years under Gus. So he has that going for him.

49 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Maybe so, but he's going to struggle to make an NFL roster, only bc he is a short 6'4"(if he is that at all), and at 249 lbs, that is not close to an ideal weigh for TEs.

Man, the world of football sure has changed in my time.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

He will learn the TE position better now under the offense of Harsin/Bobo, so much more than all his years under Gus. So he has that going for him.

His height and weight are actually spot on NFL average for TEs. Not sure about other metrics. 

He’s just gonna have to be our leading receiver for the whole year. We need the WR’s to be above average and we can have something decent.

6 hours ago, Hydro-Logic said:

Yeah, I like to watch the box score on ESPN.com throughout the game and, regardless of the competition, It's been a welcome sight to see how many players show up with stats under "receiving".

especially seeing TEs and RBs on that list....

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

especially seeing TEs and RBs on that list....

I think we've barely gotten a taste with the RBs. Harsin threw to them at Boise a LOT more than we're used to. RB1 will likely be catching the ball as much as WR3 did under the previous staff. 

Sorry, you might be well aware- not trying to tell you like you aren't, lol. It just gets me excited and I like to say it out loud.